No Trespassing signs on CMHC lands and trails

Oct. 31, 2016, 10:12 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfnxJpnsgSE

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

Oct. 31, 2016, 10:19 a.m.

At no time did Uncle Scrooge delete any posts. My man Smedley sometimes cleans up the files.

In any event, I certainly wrote nothing about Bond and arrests.

Mr. Colbert's distinct and unique words are discoverable through an FOI request to the DNV

Uncle Scrooge.

So you have 3 distinct personalities now?

Which one met with the NSMBA and its' legal council?

How did that go?

Oct. 31, 2016, 10:55 a.m.

At no time did Uncle Scrooge delete any posts. My man Smedley sometimes cleans up the files.

In any event, I certainly wrote nothing about Bond and arrests.

Mr. Colbert's distinct and unique words are discoverable through an FOI request to the DNV

Uncle Scrooge.

I doubt anyone here believes anything you say anymore.

You're only making yourself look foolish by continuing to post.

Please carry on though, your nonsense is pretty entertaining.

Oct. 31, 2016, 12:11 p.m.

started off with so much double oh seven style intrigue and now mostly resembles a really, really wet fart….

Oct. 31, 2016, 12:21 p.m.

"I will be meeting with the NSMBA and its legal counsel in November to discuss, among other things….. ….a requirement that all mountain bike trail users require a permit with a nominal fee, and that irresponsible behaviour including irresponsible riding…on public land."

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!! Oh Hazel, you crazy dreamer you.

Oct. 31, 2016, 12:45 p.m.

"I will be meeting with the NSMBA and its legal counsel in November to discuss, among other things….. ….a requirement that all mountain bike trail users require a permit with a nominal fee, and that irresponsible behaviour including irresponsible riding…on public land."

Does the NSMBA retain a permanent legal counsel or is that just in the mind of HC or US or Smedley ….. I'm confused now ;)

Oct. 31, 2016, 1:29 p.m.

I don't get it. Why meet with the NSMBA about issuing permits or signage. Isn't that a landmanager responsibility? Shouldn't he be meeting with DNV, Metro Van and now CMHC/ProvBC about this?

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Oct. 31, 2016, 2:22 p.m.

What's to get? UncleScrooge's (whoever it really is) spews nothing but nonsense.

I however have a very real meeting with some leprechauns about a super top secret north shore mountain that has the most amazing mountain biking trails ever seen on this planet. Its a Xanadu of riding: perfectly maintained by real trail fairies, no erosion, the smoothest landings you've ever seen, and no traffic to be found. The climbing trail is lined by goddess' who cheer you on as if you're cresting Ventoux. All of this is unknown, hidden by magical spells originally cast by unicorns.

Oct. 31, 2016, 3:27 p.m.

Post of the year!^

lol

Oct. 31, 2016, 4 p.m.

I don't get it. Why meet with the NSMBA about issuing permits or signage. Isn't that a landmanager responsibility? Shouldn't he be meeting with DNV, Metro Van and now CMHC/ProvBC about this?

Sharon,

Good question(s).

I am sure Lee can explain the detailed impact of the new BC Societies Act on organizations such as the NSMBA. In simple terms the new Act makes the NSMBA accountable not only to its members but to every person it impacts no matter how small the impact. The NSMBA receives funding from the DNV. As a result, on November 16, 2016 the NSMBA becomes accountable to all DNV ratepayers including I and, I am sure to the consternation of many posters here, Mrs. Monica Craver.

In a related topic, I am considering running for the NSMBA Board of Directors and inquire generally from all posters here who are NSMBA members what matters should the NSMBA be addressing given the new Societies Act.

Best regards

Hazen Colbert

Oct. 31, 2016, 4:11 p.m.

In a related topic, I am considering running for the NSMBA Board of Directors

GOLD!

Oct. 31, 2016, 4:15 p.m.

the force is strong in this one

Oct. 31, 2016, 4:20 p.m.

As a result, on November 16, 2016

As per
http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/employment-business-and-economic-development/business-management/permits-licences-and-registration/corporations/societies/societies_act_transition_guide.pdf

The new Societies Act will come into effect on Nov. 28, 2016.

Oct. 31, 2016, 4:21 p.m.

Sharon,

Good question(s).

I am sure Lee can explain the detailed impact of the new BC Societies Act on organizations such as the NSMBA. In simple terms the new Act makes the NSMBA accountable not only to its members but to every person it impacts no matter how small the impact. The NSMBA receives funding from the DNV. As a result, on November 16, 2016 the NSMBA becomes accountable to all DNV ratepayers including I and, I am sure to the consternation of many posters here, Mrs. Monica Craver.

In a related topic, I am considering running for the NSMBA Board of Directors and inquire generally from all posters here who are NSMBA members what matters should the NSMBA be addressing given the new Societies Act.

Best regards

Hazen Colbert

Yeah right. So in theory you're saying each and every citizen in the District has some right to demand a meeting with the NSMBA or any other District funded non profit. Really? Or would it be that the contact would be through the municiple government? You have no standing in the local government so you have no right to demand any meeting. You would certainly be welcome at the NSMBA general meeting. As would Mrs. Craver although the audience will be less than receptive.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Oct. 31, 2016, 4:23 p.m.

Sharon,

Good question(s).

Best regards

Hazen Colbert

Hazen,

When you ran for counsel or whatever the heck it was in NV you came in LAST PLACE.

You are probably one of, if not THE, most disliked member on this board. A board that is made up largely of NSMBA members and you think you have any chance of becoming a Director?? How?

As I compiled in a previous post you have demeaned Women, Gays, Straights, Natives, frogs as well as ALL members of this site's chat forum.

PLEASE make sense of this to all us possums…