No Trespassing signs on CMHC lands and trails

Oct. 29, 2016, 9:33 p.m.

I saw Hazen on Bridle Path this morning. He seemed a little confused (he had his phone out and was looking puzzled at something) but not angry at all.

Was he looking in Trailforks for the new trail Hazey Craver?

Oct. 29, 2016, 9:35 p.m.

Hazen…….

The Internet is the insane asylum of the 21st century, Drew. This movie ended with the good news but the Easter egg at the end of the credits has been disappointing like the Howard the duck promo at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Seriously, why are we still here?

Oct. 29, 2016, 9:46 p.m.

Seriously, why are we still here?

People are here to feed the trolls.

Please don't feed the trolls. It only encourages them.

Oct. 29, 2016, 10:02 p.m.

Can we get a trail named Trolled, cuz this thread is fuckin' insane with the crazy!

Oct. 29, 2016, 10:51 p.m.

I am posting here to clear up some confusion regarding comments directed toward others and me.

I reference the statement by the CMHC issued October 27, 2016 regarding the Blair Rifle Range lands.

I start by acknowledging the good work of the CMHC along with my elected representatives The Hon Terry Beech and The Hon Jonathon Wilkinson, plus The Hon Jane Thornthwaite and the Province of BC on the CMHC file to date.

I specifically refer to these words from CMHC:

The meetings were an important first step in establishing an open dialogue with interested parties, and underscoring CMHC’s commitment to considering all points of view.

I have expressed support for a Land Use review of the CMHC lands including the Blair Rifle Range, along with Mountain and Cove Forest. Those areas were included in plans some 13 years ago but were not included in the DNV’s 2011Official Community Plan (no one seems to know why they were excluded). Some of those lands, particularly the lands in Mountain and Cove Forest that are covered by scrub (cottonwoods etc) are of limited, if any, recreational use and are certainly not urban forest or wilderness area. The land is most suitable for social infrastructure including co-op and seniors housing, the primary land demand on the North Shore at this time.

I will be meeting with the NSMBA and their legal counsel in November in part to discuss public safety and sharing on trails. I will post the minutes from that meeting on my web site.

I, and many others, look forward to participating as per CMHC’s open invitation in dialogue involving the lands.

In the meantime, with less daylight and the inclement weather upon us, remember to keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up, keep looking out for one another and reach for the stars.

Best regards

Hazen Colbert

Oct. 29, 2016, 11:46 p.m.

Why are you meeting with the NSMBA? Are you representing a group or organization or developers?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 29, 2016, 11:51 p.m.

Is it just me…or does it seem like most of "uncle scrooge's" posts in this thread are gone now?

Oct. 30, 2016, 6:25 a.m.

you are a shifty one aren't you Mr Colbert? :evil:

Oct. 30, 2016, 8:17 a.m.

Credit goes to the DNV and Councillor Bond for the heavy lifting on the CMHC issues. Please note this not over yet as details of how the CMHC and RSTBC will collaborate with all users has not been ironed out yet. Please also note that the CMHC and RSTBC statememt did not address organized or commercial events. Therefore the status of trail running clinjcs, the Kneeknacker, BCBR, Fivers or organized trail days is still indeterminate.

Oct. 30, 2016, 8:17 a.m.

For the sake of being complete here is a post by someone logged in as Hazen Colbert on the North Shore News.

Link is here

http://www.nsnews.com/news/breaking-cmhc-reverses-north-vancouver-trail-ban-1.2385391

Hazen Colbert North Vancouver
20 hours ago

"I will be meeting with the NSMBA and its legal counsel in November to discuss, among other things, respectful and reasonable trail use by mountain bikers. I will ask the NSMBA to abide by International Mountain Bike Association guidelines that all bike trails be signed and one-way, and that bikers dismount when approaching hikers and equestrians.. I will request the NSMBA, who receive $100,0000 a year from the DNV with no requirement they account for how the money is spent, respect the DNV's anti-bullying policy or their grant will be at risk I will also raise with DNV Council a requirement that all mountain bike trail users require a permit with a nominal fee, and that irresponsible behaviour including irresponsible riding and unauthorized trail and structure building result in revocation of the permit and a ban on access to what are public lands as is the case elsewhere. Trails are for all including hikers, runners and dog walkers, stakeholders who have a right to safety on public land."

Oct. 30, 2016, 8:27 a.m.

seems to me that Mr. Colbert should review the anti-bullying policy himself.

Oct. 30, 2016, 8:32 a.m.

and as far as permits go, what is good for one user group should be good for all.I would also like to know if Mr Colbert understands who does most of the heavy lifting to provide and maintane that trail network.

Oct. 30, 2016, 8:45 a.m.

Agreed, FLATCH. Why single out mountain bikers? If permits are required, Hazin' and his nephews should pay this nominal fee to go on their hikes, along with all other users of the trails. Just shows how one sided and flawed this guy's thought process is.

Someone should post up the screenshots of his posts so that he isn't able to hide from all the bullying and threatening he has done.

Oct. 30, 2016, 8:52 a.m.

I'm pretty sure when you delete a post here, it's only gone from the public eye. The board admin still has a record of them.

Oct. 30, 2016, 8:55 a.m.

actually after a second cup of coffee and some further reflection upon Mr.Colbert's(Uncle Scrooge's) behavior in this thread I'm starting to think never mind local politics, he belongs in Ottawwa.