No Trespassing signs on CMHC lands and trails

Oct. 28, 2016, 2:26 p.m.

Where exactly can the press release or statement from the CMHC be found?

A formal statement.

Not a tweet from Jane or a quote from Vince.

But something with substance

"If you want to know, get off your keister, and put pen to paper."

It actually is public in a legal sense.

I used a Freedom of Information (FOI) request to find out when CMHC took notice of the trails and structures. It goes way back prior to Monica. She had nothing to do with it. The concerns were raised in a very official, organized way, and far above my pay grade and far above the DNV's authority. If you want to know more, do your own FOI request.

Scrooge McDuck

Why wouldn't you just tell us what you know?

I am not a free public service, that is why :-) [HTML_REMOVED] If you want to know, get off your keister, and put pen to paper. I have already posted the contact at CMHC. Millennials LOL - "show me how" is the song of the generation :-)

Scrooge McDuck

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Oct. 28, 2016, 2:27 p.m.

http://www.nsnews.com/news/former-district-of-north-vancouver-council-candidate-sues-for-defamation-1.1781609

Scrooge, is this you? Just want to make sure I don't look at you wrong on the trails… Plus I can't really believe that you are actually a real person and not some made up persona just clowning us.

All joking aside though dude, lets bury the hatchet. Shuttles tomorrow?? I'll show you some of the good stuff. As long as you promise to let me tow you in blind…

..Uh oh, wait a sec, can you sue me now for posting that picture? Yours is the kind mug that might be considered defamatory just to look at. You're like the guy at the party that no one likes but stays anyways. All good though, its made for some funny reading. Seriously though, lets ride tomorrow??

Oct. 28, 2016, 2:30 p.m.

"If you want to know, get off your keister, and put pen to paper."

This is sublime.

Oct. 28, 2016, 2:38 p.m.

The CMHC statement was provided by Karine LeBlanc by email. It is not on their newsroom yet. Lee verified by calling her and following up

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

Oct. 28, 2016, 2:53 p.m.

http://www.nsnews.com/news/former-district-of-north-vancouver-council-candidate-sues-for-defamation-1.1781609

Scrooge, is this you? Just want to make sure I don't look at you wrong on the trails… Plus I can't really believe that you are actually a real person and not some made up persona just clowning us.

All joking aside though dude, lets bury the hatchet. Shuttles tomorrow?? I'll show you some of the good stuff. As long as you promise to let me tow you in blind…

..Uh oh, wait a sec, can you sue me now for posting that picture? Yours is the kind mug that might be considered defamatory just to look at. You're like the guy at the party that no one likes but stays anyways. All good though, its made for some funny reading. Seriously though, lets ride tomorrow??

Post of the year😆😆

We should all be going for celebratory rides this weekend.

And Scrooge, get some help. I'm serious. Get help.

Oct. 28, 2016, 3:16 p.m.

Lee did not speak to Karen, that I can assure all :-)

:canada:

Oct. 28, 2016, 3:25 p.m.

I ask this legitimately, as it speaks to potentially serious violations of privacy - how do you know this? Did you explicitly ask Ms. Leblanc if she had spoken to a Mr. Lee Lau? Even if she had, what would prompt her to disclose such information to whomever inquired on the matter? And what business is it of anyone else whether she had spoken to Mr. Lau or not?

Oct. 28, 2016, 3:29 p.m.

Ignore Scrooge. He might be trying to setup the person/people he is trying to impersonate.

To everyone else - this is great news regarding the trails. Thanks to Mr. Bond for taking all of our messages of support. I had a feeling that this would make the mountain bike community stronger. We sometimes have our differences on here, but at the end of the day we all like to mountain bike.

Oct. 28, 2016, 3:55 p.m.

I never wrote anything about Lee Lau.

Pay attention possums :-)

Ya you dumb possums! Hazel was talking about a different 'Lee'! Geez you guys are idiots! I'll have you all know I just spoke with Hazel, great guy, super fit in mind body and soul.

Hazel, sorry we had such a great chat on the phone just now that I forgot to ask where and when are we meeting for our ride tomorrow? ..also, are we still on for beers tonight?

James

Oct. 28, 2016, 4:16 p.m.

if i was a professional and i could be tied to above posts …. i'd be concerned about my reputation down the road… have atter.. this is the gong show of all times and i have seen a few…..

Oct. 28, 2016, 4:17 p.m.

Yep ain't youse coming over for beers so weeze can watch the Nucks.

But you gotta promise to keep your hands off the dog's wee wee. You are not his type. Okies

Hazel, I am not trying to fight with you. I am being genuine. I thought since I stuck up for you in my last post and after our phone convo, that you would be open to a friendship with me.

I don't believe in just jumping to conclusions about someone based on crap they spew on an online forum. Let's have some beers, and go for a ride tomorrow. You like to ride bikes right?

Oct. 28, 2016, 4:42 p.m.

What happened to the late night post from last night - the one where the DNV Councillor is going to jail today?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 28, 2016, 5:16 p.m.

Incredible. Even with all the trolling in this thread, a positive outcome and increased cohesion among the MTB community seems to the be the main product of the conversation (and some small measure of butt hurt).

I find it interesting that CMHC indicated "short to mid term". This of course does not preclude development of said lands down the road. I've never ridden trails under the illusion they are forever…particularly on private (or somewhat private lands). I'd even go so far to suggest that MTB groups should support development when it advances, because in the end we're just an activity group (albeit among many), and I really don't think that the ultimate destiny of the lands will hinge on our usage. It's a privilege to ride there, and it's great to see people coming together to preserve that for now. As demonstrated in many other places, good relations with landowners are not only important for today, but also set the best stage for potential trail retention and access in the future, if and when some level of development occurs.

In the meantime, it's nice to be able to ride the trails, and nice to know there is a better foundation of a relationship with the landowners than existed before. Not sure who exactly we can credit for this, but clearly certain leaders in the biking community can be thanked.

Oct. 28, 2016, 5:21 p.m.

Straight dudes don't talk about fight club.

Gay dudes don't talk about circle jerks, except to ensure the uber-hetero administurbator uses the phrase correctly :-)

And we do not want to trip running away from CMHC backhoes and end up falling on a frog on sacred First Nations land.

Uncle Scrooge

If you want to join the Matthew Bond fan club, please write to Layne Christensen at the North SHore News and take a number to play hide-the-sausage with Bond.

This thread is about trails on the CMHC lands in Seymour. We all seem to agree that we want access to those trails for mountain biking, trail running, dog walking etc. Some people want the entire area trailed. Others want limited trails in order to preserve the environment.

I happen to hold the position some of the land should be available for social infrastructure. Some want full scale development.

The Land Use study committed to by the CMHC, the Province, the DNV with input from ALL stakeholders will create the consensus for use.

All that has been achieved thus far is that the Province and CMHC are prepared (they have not yet agreed however) to allow limited access for recreation to a small portion of the CMHC lands south of the majority of the lands.

Please lets stay on point. And please read the words being used by the land managers exactly.

Thank you

Uncle Scrooge

Julie uses the label "fucking liar and coward" and states that threats have been made against spouses and children.

Interesting how someone taking the high road is prepared to use profanity and make false claims. I ask Julie even once if I have used profanity. Just find it once :-)

Listen up toots - no one has threatened your spouses and children in any legal manner. But you and your ilk have absolutely, in a materially legal way, threatened the life of Monica Craver, and more than one of you actually assaulted her son and her husband, and vandalized their home. Why they did not seek formal criminal charges and relief in the courts is not my concern. I can assure you and your ilk that when one of you so has much as looks funny at me, my spouse, my nephews and/or my property I will seek every form of relief that exists. Because sometimes, all we can do is just be _da bitch :-)_.

Uncle Scrooge

Yep ain't youse coming over for beers so weeze can watch the Nucks.

But you gotta promise to keep your hands off the dog's wee wee. You are not his type. Okies

if i was a professional and i could be tied to above posts …. i'd be concerned about my reputation down the road… have atter.. this is the gong show of all times and i have seen a few…..

His reputation is teflon!

But..

Hazel, I am trying to be your friend. You do make it hard when; within a matter of days, you offend Gays, Straights, Women, First Nations and allude to bestiality.

Now, WHEN ARE WE RIDING BIKES?!?

Oct. 28, 2016, 5:42 p.m.

Tip of the hat to Councillor Mathew Bond on this and to the DNV which drove this process. DNV statement in the update

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=685545458286774[HTML_REMOVED]id;=358432360998087

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram