No Trespassing signs on CMHC lands and trails

Oct. 28, 2016, 12:11 p.m.

It's to bad…you did bring up lots of good information. Many of them I had no idea and to be perfectly honest kind of irritated me. But now you just sound like a crazy preacher on the corner of a street that no one listen to anymore. Keep harping I guess but you are wasting your time now, the few that where actually listening to you are gone now and are walking away.

Oct. 28, 2016, 12:14 p.m.

Now this…THANK YOU TO ALL WHO GOT INVOLVED!!!

FURTHER UPDATE:

CMHC and the Province are prepared, as co-owners, to permit reasonable and responsible recreational use of the property. Users are reminded that persons entering this land do so entirely at their own risk, and that the owners are not responsible for any damage or loss to property, or personal injury.

Going forward, CMHC and the Province will work closely together to consider the management of appropriate recreational usages of the property.

Thank you again for your patience!

Jane Thornthwaite, MLA

North Vancouver Seymour

Awesome news! Well done to all involved :clap::clap::clap:

Oct. 28, 2016, 12:23 p.m.

Congratulations due to MrBond, so effectively handling this issue from the confines of his scrooge-imposed jail cell.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Oct. 28, 2016, 12:42 p.m.

It is politics.

There are no sour grapes.

There is no harassment.

Matthew Bond is simply not fit for public office. And Mr. Colbert intends to end his political ambitions before we have more malfeasance etc. from Bond.

Mr. Colbert is prepared to use any and all lawful authority and all legal process available to remove Councillor Bond from office or at least prevent him from successfully running for office again. Mr. Colbert's resources are vast, and his knowledge of both the legal system and the political system deep. To date Bond has misused the public treasury of the DNV to defend against Mr. Colbert in court. Never again. Next time around, Mr. Colbert will start off the legal process by blocking Bond's access to the public treasury and blocking Bond's special privileges with others.

Remember please - entirely legal process, and with lawful authority. And Mr. Colbert is prepared to use the same legal process and lawful authority to steamroller over anyone who comes to Councillor Bond's assistance :-) exactly as he has done recently with Mayor Richard Walton who is presently being investigated by the BC Professional Accountants for irregularities.

Scrooge McDuck

You must really be mad at your friend Monica for pushing this issue to the fore with the CHMC which appears to have at long last led to a successful resolution on Seymour, instead of the tenuous state of affairs we had previously. But the rest of us are thrilled, so please thank her for us! Also thank her for increasing NSMBA membership and all but assuring the re-election of Councilor (soon to be Mayor?) Bond. Never thought all this would have been possible from just one person.

Oct. 28, 2016, 12:45 p.m.

HC keeps this up and Mr.Bond is going to end up as Mayor.

MLA?
MP?
Premier?
Prime Minister?

There really no limit to where Ducky, et al, can take him.

Oct. 28, 2016, 12:55 p.m.

It is politics.

There are no sour grapes.
There is no harassment.
Matthew Bond is simply not fit for public office. And Mr. Colbert intends to end his political ambitions before we have more malfeasance etc. from Bond.
Mr. Colbert is prepared to use any and all lawful authority and all legal process available to remove Councillor Bond from office or at least prevent him from successfully running for office again. Mr. Colbert's resources are vast, and his knowledge of both the legal system and the political system deep. To date Bond has misused the public treasury of the DNV to defend against Mr. Colbert in court. Never again. Next time around, Mr. Colbert will start off the legal process by blocking Bond's access to the public treasury and blocking Bond's special privileges with others.
Remember please - entirely legal process, and with lawful authority. And Mr. Colbert is prepared to use the same legal process and lawful authority to steamroller over anyone who comes to Councillor Bond's assistance :-) exactly as he has done recently with Mayor Richard Walton who is presently being investigated by the BC Professional Accountants for irregularities.
Scrooge McDuck

You're a fucking liar and a coward. Forget legal tactics, I've seen your strategies, and the only thing keeping you off the losing end of a lawsuit is that we have lives and friends to share them with, and you do not. You're like the dickless loser in the bar that stuffs his jeans with socks. Yo have no authority and you have no argument. So don't threaten us with your phony bullshit and don't threaten our spouses or children or friends. You are one and we are many.

Oct. 28, 2016, 1:03 p.m.

You're a fucking liar and a coward. Forget legal tactics, I've seen your strategies, and the only thing keeping you off the losing end of a lawsuit is that we have lives and friends to share them with, and you do not. You're like the dickless loser in the bar that stuffs his jeans with socks. Yo have no authority and you have no argument. So don't threaten us with your phony bullshit and don't threaten our spouses or children or friends. You are one and we are many.

You know how many times I typed a comment like that in this thread just to delete the words? The guy is a troll and a good one at that, Julie. Don't let him bring you down to his level. His mistake was to bring his game here. This is nsmb.com . It's not our first rodeo. It's all good kiddo. Just relax and enjoy the trails.

Oct. 28, 2016, 1:11 p.m.

Great success!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/seymour-cmhc-trails-open-1.3826590

It looks like this has been just the thing needed to kick start a working relationship between CMHC and the users of "their" land:

Oct. 28, 2016, 1:13 p.m.

http://www.nsmba.ca/content/2016-10_cmhc-update

Is that all it took? Interesting that we get acknowledgement that the land is in fact co-owned…

Oct. 28, 2016, 1:22 p.m.

This has become an epic thread.

Oct. 28, 2016, 1:30 p.m.

"Lynn Valley. Mark Sager hosted a public meeting last week, Sept 11, on behalf of Bosa
Development to show off their revised plans for a mixed use development on the former Zellers site. Mark had a power point presentation that included video clips of Hazen Colbert’s alleged mis-information as he spoke at the DNV council meeting the prior Monday. Sager stopped the video to address each alleged incorrect point.
- Hazen Colbert issued a press release last week with information from the OCPIC meeting that he attended as an observer. It was briefly discussed that this was not desirable behaviour."

http://www.fonvca.org/agendas/oct2013/minutes-sep2013.pdf

:canada:

Oct. 28, 2016, 1:37 p.m.

Julie uses the label "fucking liar and coward" and states that threats have been made against spouses and children.

Interesting how someone taking the high road is prepared to use profanity and make false claims. I ask Julie even once if I have used profanity. Just find it once :-)

Listen up toots - no one has threatened your spouses and children in any legal manner. But you and your ilk have absolutely, in a materially legal way, threatened the life of Monica Craver, and more than one of you actually assaulted her son and her husband, and vandalized their home. Why they did not seek formal criminal charges and relief in the courts is not my concern. I can assure you and your ilk that when one of you so has much as looks funny at me, my spouse, my nephews and/or my property I will seek every form of relief that exists. Because sometimes, all we can do is just be da bitch :-).

Uncle Scrooge

Haha. Wow.

Oct. 28, 2016, 1:42 p.m.

and more than one of you actually assaulted her son and her husband, and vandalized their home.

Uncle Scrooge

liar liar pants on fire.

:canada:

Oct. 28, 2016, 1:44 p.m.

From Pinkbike. Looks like recreational use is now Ok

Further update #1 re Seymour and CMHC trail signage

The CMHC has just released a statement that the CMHC and the Province will permit "reasonable and responsible" recreational use of the CMHC Seymour lands. No statement was released with respect to the status of organized or commercial events.

Full text of the statement is on Pinkbike

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

Oct. 28, 2016, 1:45 p.m.

I think we are discovering why Councillor Bond is a well respected DNV Councillor and Hazen Colbert aka UncleScrooge is nothing more than internet troll. It would seem the voting public knew this at the last election since he was defeated by, well, everyone else that ran for council.

http://app.dnv.org/ElectionResults/Default.aspx