No Trespassing signs on CMHC lands and trails

Oct. 26, 2016, 6:13 p.m.

In case anyone thinks Bond has the inside contact with MP Terry Beech, everything Bond is posting on his Facebook etc is not proprietary. He is just cut and pasting from Beech's web site LOL.

http://tbeech.liberal.ca/news-nouvelles/mt-seymour-signs-and-cmhc/

Who do these DNV municipal stooges think they are fooling LOL

There is going to be a Land Use study. land use means a much broader scope than trails. When we need the A-team, we get Bond, Muri and Walton. What an abomination. I have made clear to more senior levels of government that the three stooges do not represent me!

Uncle Scrooge

WOW are you ever a dick!

Oct. 26, 2016, 6:35 p.m.

WOW are you ever a dick!

Yep.

I wrote Mr. Beech and got a response today.

All sounds positive.

Shall I rant and ramble in desperate search for kudos?

Oct. 26, 2016, 8:11 p.m.

In case anyone thinks Bond has the inside contact with MP Terry Beech, everything Bond is posting on his Facebook etc is not proprietary. He is just cut and pasting from Beech's web site LOL.

There is going to be a Land Use study. land use means a much broader scope than trails. When we need the A-team, we get Bond, Muri and Walton. What an abomination. I have made clear to more senior levels of government that the three stooges do not represent me!

Uncle Scrooge

Occam's razor my friend. What's more likely, that Bond is cut and pasting from the MP's website and fabricating a situation where he is communicating with the MP directly, or that the MP's office has settled on some boilerplate language for their comms on the situation and is responding to any and all inquiries with that language, in addition to posting it on their website?

Given that I emailed Mr. Beech a week ago and have the exact same language (as in verbatim) sitting in my inbox from Mr. Beech's communications person… you can guess which scenario I'm betting on.

I know, I know, dnftt. It was right over the plate tho.

Oct. 26, 2016, 8:13 p.m.

WOW are you ever a dick!

You forgot "head".

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 26, 2016, 8:16 p.m.

Beech web post dated Sept 26. Bond posted on FB yesterday (sept 25) at 9:26pm.

I'm starting to understand why you couldn't even get 4% of the popular vote.

Oct. 26, 2016, 8:53 p.m.

no need to feed the troll

Oct. 26, 2016, 9 p.m.

Why wouldn't you just tell us what you know?

Because he's playing for the other team.

Oct. 26, 2016, 9:30 p.m.

Uncle Scrooge

Hello Mr Colbert.

Oct. 26, 2016, 10:34 p.m.

I am not a free public service, that is why

Well, if you have the information, just spill it Wikileaks style. No point in wasting more taxpayers dollars in FOIPING the same information over and over. If you are interested in transparency, that is.

Oct. 27, 2016, 12:51 a.m.

Ok - i have been waiting to see where this thread was heading
- i live close to tbese trails and ride them 3 times a week or more on average- - for many years if that matters- -- if the signs went up that means they know we were there - big whoop ! - how do think fromme, kamloops [HTML_REMOVED] naramata / 3 blind mice came to be- not without stakeholders understanding its usage and potential - remember these are marked horse trails and military lands for christ sake -

This new signage / development/ bitchfest from chmc is brought on by its main dayto day business of insuring weak mortgages and its assets. Chbc is just getting it ducks in a row before a major balancesheet correction for its bad decisions in letting the banks and credit unions walk all over them in the last few years
Trust me - chmc has bigger fish to fry than people traipsing over there land/ a asset that has no insured dedt over it - thats thier livelyhood - debt - not recreational land -

This is more about 5-10% underfunded insured mortgage in a declining market / asset - than about trail access ….

Oct. 27, 2016, 9:07 a.m.

Ok - i have been waiting to see where this thread was heading
- i live close to tbese trails and ride them 3 times a week or more on average- - for many years if that matters- -- if the signs went up that means they know we were there - big whoop ! - how do think fromme, kamloops [HTML_REMOVED] naramata / 3 blind mice came to be- not without stakeholders understanding its usage and potential - remember these are marked horse trails and military lands for christ sake -

This new signage / development/ bitchfest from chmc is brought on by its main dayto day business of insuring weak mortgages and its assets. Chbc is just getting it ducks in a row before a major balancesheet correction for its bad decisions in letting the banks and credit unions walk all over them in the last few years
Trust me - chmc has bigger fish to fry than people traipsing over there land/ a asset that has no insured dedt over it - thats thier livelyhood - debt - not recreational land -

This is more about 5-10% underfunded insured mortgage in a declining market / asset - than about trail access ….

Halle-Fuckin-Lujah!!! Preach bruh Preach!! :clap:

Oct. 27, 2016, 10:02 a.m.

I have never voted in a municipal election. That will change come next election. I am not going to be the only one. Given the great work Mathew Bond is doing for us here I suspect he will win in a landslide. If there happens to be anyone else running for council who may be posting here in lets just say a less helpful way than Councilor Bond, well…good luck next time. You are going to need it.

Oct. 27, 2016, 10:47 a.m.

Uncle Scrooge

Mr. Colbert,

If you could have secured more than a paltry 5% of the municipal vote, YOU could be the player here!

Unfortunately for you, the electorate saw through your shallow veil, and here you are, relegated to puerile name-calling while our elected representatives continue to pursue this important matter.

By the way, how is your lawsuit against Mr. Curran going? Isn't it for maliciously and repeatedly character attacking?

Pot, meet kettle.

Oct. 27, 2016, 11:47 a.m.

Update from NSMBA regarding their meeting today with CMHC:

http://www.nsmba.ca/content/2016-10_cmhc-update

Update: October 27, 2016

The NSMBA President, Vice President and Director of Advocacy met with representatives from the CMHC's Vancouver regional office this morning.

The CMHC acknowledges that they did not conduct sufficient consultation with user groups and neigbouring land managers before posting the updated signage.

In summary:

• The CMHC is committed to dialogue and is currently conducting bi-lateral meetings with multiple stakeholders in order to gather information.
  • The CMHC wants to develop a short term solution to address issues related to signage and to develop a medium term solution for the trails on their lands.
  • The CMHC was very receptive to the NSMBA and inquired in detail about how the association works with the other land managers.

The NSMBA looks forward to the finalization of the CMHC's medium term plan, and urges the Corporation to include therein provisions for access to the trail network by mountain bikers and other recreational users.

Oct. 27, 2016, 11:53 a.m.

The election was rigged. And the media bias egregious.