No Trespassing signs on CMHC lands and trails

Oct. 25, 2016, 5:07 a.m.

it is always easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission… ride em..

Oct. 25, 2016, 8:08 a.m.

it is always easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission… ride em..

good words to live by

Oct. 25, 2016, 9:47 a.m.

Takes me back…

Maple Ridge 2001 Woodlot 007

Simpler times I guess…

you still riding Chris ??

#northsidetrailbuilders

Oct. 25, 2016, 10:09 a.m.

Makes sense as well. This all has probably more to do with Ontario pushing forward with Bill 100. The CMHC is probably operating in a national mentality based on a piece of legislation that has proven to be incredibly unpopular with private land holders in Ontario. The bruce trail crosses my dad's farm and for a stack of Montana's gift cards and a hand shake he let's the snowmobiling club cross his farm every winter. Now with Bill 100 a lot of farmers like my dad are threatening to close that access because the government is going to force them to sign easements that will give trail users 12 month access to their farm for eternity. To the farmers it sounds like they are taking your land away from them for $0. Not even a Montana's gift card. And if you know any farmers if they even get wind of the government trying to take their land the hackles go up. All and all bill 100 has been a communication night mare for the Ontario government and turned trail access into a huge debate back east.

http://blackburnnews.com/midwestern-ontario/2016/02/06/private-property-owners-concerned-over-bill-100/

http://www.ontla.on.ca/web/bills/bills_detail.do?locale=en[HTML_REMOVED]BillID=3338

Footnote: it makes sense because they passed the Ontario trails act June 1st and within a few weeks cmhc officials were inspecting mount Seymour.

Had a similar situation couple of years ago. Trail area that has been used for years by all. 2 years ago signs and fences went up. Signs encouraged people to complain to council. Found out that the area was designated as no development ever. So land landowner can't build and sell for profit nor sell for profit because it could be developed. So tried to use residents to force the town to buy.

2 years on and status quo has returned.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Oct. 25, 2016, 10:56 a.m.

from the Rifle Range article:

"In March 2014, citing ongoing transportation challenges, DNV Council passed a unanimous motion halting all development in Seymour until 2016."

I will never complain about being stuck on the Cut in rush hour again!

Oct. 25, 2016, 11:01 a.m.

Yes the trails and the terrain are amazing in the interior, and they're everywhere. Many places you can build whatever your heart desires. There is no uppity codger peering over your shoulder.

I was just in North Van for the weekend. That town has just gotten weird.

I think you may find that the provincial gov is keeping an eye on what gets built which ain't a bad thing cuz there is a budget for rec including mtn bike trails, ski trails,camping ect and so they have money to give out

Oct. 25, 2016, 1:13 p.m.

Very glad to see the shift in tune on here about this. RIDE THEM

Hey old dirty and scrooge, shouldnt you be lighting these guys up too for "acting super hardcore gnar"?!! lol

Oct. 25, 2016, 3:06 p.m.

If any new trails get built after all of this, I wonder if they should have a drama related name:

Sign language
Karine
William 100
Vogon
Comments Section

lol

Oct. 25, 2016, 4:18 p.m.

Takes me back…

Maple Ridge 2001 Woodlot 007

Simpler times I guess…

I ran over that sign 100's of times at the bottom of b-line. Feels like a hundred years ago:(

Oct. 25, 2016, 6:58 p.m.

I think you may find that the provincial gov is keeping an eye on what gets built which ain't a bad thing cuz there is a budget for rec including mtn bike trails, ski trails,camping ect and so they have money to give out

Oh I know. I'm friends with one of the government employees. There is provincial money for the right projects.

But what I am really referencing to is outside of city limits and away from prying eyes and ears. What they don't know won't hurt them. ;)

Oct. 25, 2016, 9:28 p.m.

Oh I know. I'm friends with one of the government employees. There is provincial money for the right projects.

But what I am really referencing to is outside of city limits and away from prying eyes and ears. What they don't know won't hurt them. ;)

I'm not sure if North Van would qualify for the Resort Municipality Initiative, but it's worth a try!

Oct. 25, 2016, 11:16 p.m.

from the Rifle Range article:

"In March 2014, citing ongoing transportation challenges, DNV Council passed a unanimous motion halting all development in Seymour until 2016."

I will never complain about being stuck on the Cut in rush hour again!

Yeah, that statement sure doesn't jive with the evidence at Maplewood, Northwoods Village, Parkgate Ave, Cates Landing, etc.

Oct. 26, 2016, 1:38 a.m.

^^^
Wondering this too…not just regarding new trails, but any old trails too, agreement must have been there somehow for the the past 20 ish years.

NSMBA 101 states the following:

The work plan is proposed to the appropriate land manager who then approves the work or makes edits as needed. It is important to note that ultimately the Land Manager needs to approve any and all work conducted on a particular trail.
Our greatest opportunity for ensuring “trails forever” is building strong relationships, based on trust and credibility, with the Land Managers.

So who OKed all the new work on the CMHC land, specifically the new trails?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 26, 2016, 5:48 a.m.

If any new trails get built after all of this, I wonder if they should have a drama related name:

Sign language
Karine
William 100
Vogon
Comments Section

lol

how about Monica
:banana:

Oct. 26, 2016, 7:30 a.m.

NSMBA 101 states the following:

The work plan is proposed to the appropriate land manager who then approves the work or makes edits as needed. It is important to note that ultimately the Land Manager needs to approve any and all work conducted on a particular trail.
Our greatest opportunity for ensuring “trails forever” is building strong relationships, based on trust and credibility, with the Land Managers.

So who OKed all the new work on the CMHC land, specifically the new trails?

So when there was a race that took place in this trail system until now. Was DNV was charging permit fees? That will be an interesting topic I would say.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch