No Trespassing signs on CMHC lands and trails

Oct. 22, 2016, 10:14 p.m.

Apparently a ton of people on the CHMC land today. Riding, hiking, walking dogs.
Just what I heard.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Oct. 22, 2016, 11:38 p.m.

Yah I think anybody who ain't no NSMBA member should just flip those signs off and treat them like a disclaimer notice.
If it ain't rainin' I go do Severed tomorrow.
And the CHMC can pound dirt.
That's nicer than what I was gonna' type.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Oct. 22, 2016, 11:58 p.m.

Yah I think anybody who ain't no NSMBA member should just flip those signs off and treat them like a disclaimer notice.
If it ain't rainin' I go do Severed tomorrow.
And the CHMC can pound dirt.
That's nicer than what I was gonna' type.

Imagine if all those people who use the trails signed up as members? That would pull a lot more weight in discussions to open the trails!

Hey CMHC, our 900 members would like us to continue maintaining the trails.

Versus Hey CMHC, our 10,000 members would like us to continue maintaining the trails….

Keep in mind, the general public might ignore the signs, but the organized trail maintainers will not. Dirt won't be getting pounded and rotten structures will not be replaced when rotted.

http://www.nsmba.ca/why-join-nsmba

Oct. 23, 2016, 12:03 a.m.

I think this is all a brilliant idea by the NSMBA to stop the trails getting thrashed now the heavy rains are here.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Oct. 23, 2016, 12:16 a.m.

I think this is all a brilliant idea by the NSMBA to stop the trails getting thrashed now the heavy rains are here.

Funny thought but the opposite is true. Winter is the time trails need maintenance.

The puddles will start growing when drainages aren't cleared through regular maintanence. The walkers will walk around them, widening the trail into the forest. The riders will ride through them, splashing the frogs with mud.

Ironic, eh?

Oct. 23, 2016, 8:25 a.m.

Nonsense. It's clearly a consipracy with CMHC to get people out for the NSMBA AGM on Nov 23rd, 8pm at the Lynn Valley Rec Centre.

Director positions are available. People that care about the trails should be lining up.

Oct. 23, 2016, 8:57 a.m.

This isnt just a North Van bike thing. Intl bike tourists ought to be informed that they can no longer access the top rated bike trails on the iconic North Shore. Maybe its better if they fly into Vancouver and immediately take their money elsewhere. Also, big events like the BC Bike Race will need to cancel the North Shore segment - just hop off the ferry and immediately take the event north. Same for things like the Kneeknacker -cancel it after how many years? How about NS Search and Rescue, will they trespass and will this closure cause delays or confusion that could put lives at greater risk?

I dont think all the parties affected by this rash decision have been informed of quite how broad the repercussions are.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Oct. 23, 2016, 9:08 a.m.

So CHMC is going to hire security to patrol the perimeter driving gators? Call the RCMP when some nice person walking their dog on the 50 year old trail system is detected? The RCMP is going to be there in a flash, taser them, zapstrapped face down in the mud……yeah right. Going To Be An EXTREMELY expensive fence.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Oct. 23, 2016, 9:15 a.m.

Funny thought but the opposite is true. Winter is the time trails need maintenance.

The puddles will start growing when drainages aren't cleared through regular maintanence. The walkers will walk around them, widening the trail into the forest. The riders will ride through them, splashing the frogs with mud.

Ironic, eh?

That's why I don't ride MTB in the winter. I fully agree it should be a time for maintanance.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Oct. 23, 2016, 10:17 a.m.

Nonsense. It's clearly a consipracy with CMHC to get people out for the NSMBA AGM on Nov 23rd, 8pm at the Lynn Valley Rec Centre.

Director positions are available. People that care about the trails should be lining up.

Post of the Month!

Oct. 23, 2016, 11:06 a.m.

So CHMC is going to hire security to patrol the perimeter driving gators? Call the RCMP when some nice person walking their dog on the 50 year old trail system is detected? The RCMP is going to be there in a flash, taser them, zapstrapped face down in the mud……yeah right. Going To Be An EXTREMELY expensive fence.

Not if they get the mountain bikers to pay for it.

welcome to the bottom of my post.

Oct. 23, 2016, 11:39 a.m.

Signs are for people who don't know where they are going.
My Mother grew up on the Shore, I was born and raised on the Shore, raised my kid on the Shore, this is just another indication that it is time to leave the Shore. Adios North Van.

Oct. 23, 2016, 12:01 p.m.

Not if they get the mountain bikers to pay for it.

Trumpify the shore!!

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Oct. 23, 2016, 12:14 p.m.

That's why I don't ride MTB in the winter. I fully agree it should be a time for maintanance.

But with these signs, you would be Trespassing in doing so.

Oct. 23, 2016, 12:26 p.m.

Signs are for people who don't know where they are going.
My Mother grew up on the Shore, I was born and raised on the Shore, raised my kid on the Shore, this is just another indication that it is time to leave the Shore. Adios North Van.

Buh-bye.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells