No Respect

Jan. 16, 2016, 7:20 p.m.

If you think that anyone has suggested blasting by "anyone and everyone at high speed" than you sound like a guy that can't read.

Typical

Actually that is exactly what happened here, and is the whole point of my original post. I am very glad that the hikers had moved on just before these jerks blasted through the middle of the group.

Jan. 16, 2016, 11:10 p.m.

No, they blasted through YOUR group. Maybe they thought you knew how to stay out of the way so they kept their flow going. Based upon your explanation, everyone but you did.

You have no idea what they would do if they came across hikers. In my case I slow down more than I would for riders, particularly if it's obvious that they haven't moved over, can't or won't.

From what I've read, everyone that has been pro "ripping through" had only advocated doing so when it's clear that it's safe.

I've gotta assume that almost nobody would expect that a fellow rider would intentionally get in the way. You know, because it's dangerous and inconsiderate.

Jan. 16, 2016, 11:45 p.m.

From what I've read, everyone that has been pro "ripping through" had only advocated doing so when it's clear that it's safe.

Yeah but how could they know someone's doggie* might just pop outta' the bushes at the wrong moment?
Sure you say, "dog shoulda' been leashed" but you're still gonna' feel like shit you off somes pet because you simply didn't have the good sense to slow the fuck down when passing a stationary group!

Jesus……….:rolleyes:

*or small child, eh?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 17, 2016, 8:42 a.m.

Man, I love riding in areas where I will likely not see another person! North Shore drama is too much.

Jan. 17, 2016, 9:51 a.m.

Man, I love riding in areas where I will likely not see another person! North Shore drama is too much.

me too.

it was serious biznass 10 yrs ago, so by now its REALLY serious biznass… lol

Jan. 17, 2016, 4:10 p.m.

For all the braaaaaahs out there who think it's fine to just blast down trails and assume everyone will get out of their way, there were nine people in three groups walking up Severed today. Nine! Plus a couple of dogs.

Not too many bikers out. I guess the weather wasn't conducive to good Strava times. People must have been at home with The Rise Of Enduro on repeat play instead. "Lets get outta here!" :D ;)

treezz
wow you are a ass

Jan. 17, 2016, 5:52 p.m.

Yeah, sounds like a good time to slow down.

Duh.

Jan. 17, 2016, 5:53 p.m.

Yeah but how could they know someone's doggie* might just pop outta' the bushes at the wrong moment?
Sure you say, "dog shoulda' been leashed" but you're still gonna' feel like shit you off somes pet because you simply didn't have the good sense to slow the fuck down when passing a stationary group!

Jesus……….:rolleyes:

*or small child, eh?

Jan. 17, 2016, 6:37 p.m.

People Strava, get over it.

Jan. 17, 2016, 7:24 p.m.

Do you guys remember Mike Hunt? Mike Hunt to the office please….Mike Hunt….

As far as I know…..John Tomac was one of the best mountain bikers ever. Uphill. Downhill. Cross Country. Trials.

Jan. 17, 2016, 7:24 p.m.

For all the braaaaaahs out there who think it's fine to just blast down trails and assume everyone will get out of their way, there were nine people in three groups walking up Severed today. Nine! Plus a couple of dogs.

Not too many bikers out. I guess the weather wasn't conducive to good Strava times. People must have been at home with The Rise Of Enduro on repeat play instead. "Lets get outta here!" :D ;)

Some people regular speed is just fast you know. Not everyone is a "brah" and Strava isn't the problem. It's the people using it.

Shed head!

Jan. 17, 2016, 7:35 p.m.

Vegan Crossfitters don't use Strava, just ask one, they'll tell you all about it.

Jan. 17, 2016, 10:32 p.m.

After reviewing the satellite imagery….

Clearly the bike did it.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 18, 2016, 8:02 a.m.

people hate strava. get over that?

some people are just dicks, and others just sound like them on here.

Jan. 18, 2016, 8:12 a.m.

people hate strava. get over that?

some people are just dicks, and others just sound like them on here.

I'm sick of hearing all of this crap about Strava. Every argument seems to revolve around it even though it hardly is the 'problem'. People are going to ride fast regardless, it can be fun to go fast which is why we all bike in the first place.

Edit: out of curiosity I looked on the alleged riders Strava to see their latest rides. The most recent was from back in February 2015 so that whole argument is moot.