No Respect

Jan. 11, 2016, 3:35 p.m.

Or an uphill trail, or any trail. If you stop anywhere, assume you:

1. Are in someone's way
2. Are about to be in someone's way

Then:

Move to the side of the trail.

Sure, but if you can't come to a complete stop if the person on the trail suddenly moves in your path, then you are not in control and a fn douchebag.

Your 0.02 opinion is worthless. Since Feb 2013, pennies have to be rounded down. Sorry.

Jan. 11, 2016, 3:51 p.m.

Sure, but if you can't come to a complete stop if the person on the trail suddenly moves in your path, then you are not in control and a fn douchebag.

I would disagree with that. If someone jumped onto the road in front of my car while I am driving, I would likely not be able to stop in time to avoid hitting the person. This does not mean I am not in control of my car.

Jan. 11, 2016, 4:13 p.m.

I would disagree with that. If someone jumped onto the road in front of my car while I am driving, I would likely not be able to stop in time to avoid hitting the person. This does not mean I am not in control of my car.

Ya lets compare driving rules LOL!!!

The rules of the road do not apply, alpine rules do. The person downhill should always have the right of way. The person riding up hill should also have the right of way.

Your 0.02 opinion is worthless. Since Feb 2013, pennies have to be rounded down. Sorry.

Jan. 11, 2016, 4:17 p.m.

This sounds like upper middle class white people problems.

Jan. 11, 2016, 4:20 p.m.

This is a pretty busy trail intersection and there were lots of people around on this very busy day. When I heard his mates ripping down towards us just as fast I had enough and stood in the trail with my bike so they had to slow down

Stupid is as Stupid does.

Jan. 11, 2016, 4:23 p.m.

Why would you say that? (Lowcard) People need to know basic rules before they get a beat down in the parking lot…That's where I would discuss this with the rider in question:argue:!!!

Jan. 11, 2016, 4:27 p.m.

The rules of the road do not apply, alpine rules do. The person downhill should always have the right of way. The person riding up hill should also have the right of way.

I'm confused, both the downhill and uphill person has the right of way? Not even joking. I usually just stop (or slow down) regardless. What is the "rule" on this?

I do agree with High Endurance though, the seawall is mucho dangerous. I got run over by a fruit booter one day walking with my daughter. F*%ker came out of nowhere.

Jan. 11, 2016, 4:33 p.m.

you know, I've had days where it seems every intersection is jammed with people standing around, gumming things up….they aren't paying attention, not staying off the trail, not listening while you "excuse me, excuse me…", you try to smile the first few times, then eventually you start to get frustrated and then sometimes just ride through being kinda PO'd without smiling or saying anything and then someone decides you were the one being an asshole and gets all indignant…

Jan. 11, 2016, 4:40 p.m.

What are the "alpine rules"? Do they also apply below treeline?

According to Mudhoney, the sign at the top of Penny Lane has a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark and says "CAUTION! TRAIL CROSSING". This sounds a lot like a yield sign…

If the sign is only visible to the riders coming up the climbing trail then it would appear the proper conduct for this intersection is for riders on the climbing trail to yield the right of way to downhill riders.

Jan. 11, 2016, 4:49 p.m.

you know, I've had days where it seems every intersection is jammed with people standing around, gumming things up….they aren't paying attention, not staying off the trail, not listening while you "excuse me, excuse me…", you try to smile the first few times, then eventually you start to get frustrated and then sometimes just ride through being kinda PO'd without smiling or saying anything and then someone decides you were the one being an asshole and gets all indignant…

…then one day you move further into the sticks and enjoy riding bikes for what it is again; time out in the forest without all the idiots everywhere :)

Jan. 11, 2016, 5:02 p.m.

https://youtu.be/gMJbokXjR3c

Whoa whoa whoa!!! I think I may have stumbled across hidden footage of the confrontation!

Ha! Gold Jerry!

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Jan. 11, 2016, 5:03 p.m.

Ha! Gold Jerry!

LOL!

Jan. 11, 2016, 5:09 p.m.

Why would you say that? (Lowcard) People need to know basic rules before they get a beat down in the parking lot…That's where I would discuss this with the rider in question:argue:!!!

I thought it was mildly amusing, but like trail usage ettiquette it may be a little subjective.

Jan. 11, 2016, 5:21 p.m.

https://youtu.be/gMJbokXjR3c

Whoa whoa whoa!!! I think I may have stumbled across hidden footage of the confrontation!

Ha!

Funnily enough I too entered the warzone today, and set up with my speed gun with my dog. Caught a squirrel doing 18kph.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Jan. 11, 2016, 5:23 p.m.

maybe the best thing to do is put in an overpass. i know there is more than enough quality cedar in that area to do that and the slope of the terrain makes it pretty feasible.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer