No Respect

Jan. 10, 2016, 9:27 a.m.

Maybe the middle of a downhill trail isn't the smartest/safest place to regroup.

For arguments sake, it's also in the middle of a climbing trail ;) And I think Severed was originally a hiking trail.

I had the same sort of thing at the intersection of Executioner and DW the other month. Some shop sponsored elite enduro Strava-lords blasting down Executioner onto DW without slowing down or looking where they were going when I was riding up. Didn't bother me too much but makes us look like a right bunch of twats to other users.

BTW, hi M0nica! Top of the morning to you! I look forward to reading all about this thread on your Twatter feed.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Jan. 10, 2016, 10:46 a.m.

So if said sponsored rider rode -through- your group at the top of Penny Lane, you were lounging in the middle of Severed, correct? Right under a fairly blind steep section of Severed. The intersection sign is on Penny Lane as well. YEs the downhill rider should yield, but at the spot in the trail, does the downhill rider see a group of dudes hanging about in the middle if the trail, as least early enough to come to a stop?

These guys are generally very courteous, always have been. So maybe intentionally blocking the trail prompted a confrontation. I pre-rode with a group of them at the local Endurbro this summer and being a busy day, we were slowing down and stopping constantly. They were saying hi, striking up small talk with riders, dog walkers, etc…

Now if only the people would move off Penny Lane at the SD intersection so people that are continuing through UPHILL don't have to stop, noodle around and continue on. Same goes for the top of GSM at the Baden. Never changes, love the Shore;):heart:

Jan. 10, 2016, 10:53 a.m.

There was a lot of people out yesterday. Probably the busiest I have seen Seymour in a while. Lots of dog walkers, runners, bikers trying to enjoy the outdoors. On a day like yesterday with the volume of people on the trails you can only really ride at one speed. If you were trying to go fast you would just come up on other groups and have to pass, over and over. Another problem is when lots of big groups converge at intersections hanging out being social can really bottleneck everything. Sunny weather and the only local mountain where there's no snow. Weekend traffic!

Jan. 10, 2016, 12:07 p.m.

Maybe a parking lot with some benches at the intersection would solve the problem? :)

Jan. 10, 2016, 3:47 p.m.

Do you like to stand on Aline in front of people and yell at them for going too fast? Seems like a constructive use of time.

Jan. 10, 2016, 3:54 p.m.

So let me get this straight… You and a bunch of your friends are standing in the middle of a steep tech section of a DOWNHILL trail, blocking the path. Then you throw a fit and start a confrontation with some innocent people riding down it. Who's the turd here?!?!

Jan. 10, 2016, 3:55 p.m.

I was just thinking that I hadn't made the treck out of the valley to the shore in months. Threads like this make me remember why.

There are no trails east of the Fraser river.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Jan. 10, 2016, 4 p.m.

It has nothing to do with this:

Do you like to stand on Aline in front of people and yell at them for going too fast? Seems like a constructive use of time.

And everything to do with this:

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/angryasian-sponsorship-is-not-about-you-36841/

It doesn't matter who is at fault. If you are wearing your sponsors clothes, you are representing them, not you. Think Hans Rey has kept the same sponsor since 1987 by shouting random crap at people on the trails?

treezz
wow you are a ass

Jan. 10, 2016, 4:06 p.m.

To clear up some of the wrong assumptions here, no we were not standing in the middle of the trail, and no I don't expect riders coming down severed to yield to me. I do expect them to ride at a reasonable rate of speed though, especially with the large numbers of people around. Ripping through the middle of the group like they were riding in the bike park was irresponsible and dangerous. So was flying off the drop blind at that speed. There were a couple of hikers down below just before these guys came through. Imagine if they had collided. That would have a huge impact on the mtb community and possibly trail access, as well as the potential for serious injury. But of course these clowns never considered that. Definitely going to contact their sponsors.

Jan. 10, 2016, 4:09 p.m.

What's the posted speed limit on Severed anyway?

Jan. 10, 2016, 4:13 p.m.

Hey Skooks!! Why don't you get out there with your radar gun and start handing out citations!!

Jan. 10, 2016, 4:33 p.m.

I was just thinking that I hadn't made the treck out of the valley to the shore in months. Threads like this make me remember why.

There are no trails east of SEYMOUR.

There FYP.

Silly north shore. Too many people with too many egos.

Shed head!

Jan. 10, 2016, 4:42 p.m.

When people are riding busy, public, multi use trails at bike park speeds, Trying to get them to slow down and ride responsibly definitely seems like constructive use of time. For the record, there was no yelling involved by either party.

Jan. 10, 2016, 4:56 p.m.

Bitch bitch bitch , who are you people that keep coming on this forum pissing and moaning about every little thing . I rode that climb today there is a clearly marked sign on the climb trail saying CAUTION TRAIL CROSSING , so don't be a nob and try to look like a hero in front of your friends by stopping the guy and making a scene ! If you did that to me I'd tell you the F@[HTML_REMOVED]k right off .

Common sense says that's a stupid place to stop and so what if your precious little group was split up for 10 seconds while the guys ripped down Severed .

Boo hoo!!! Hey guess what I had to wait for someone to go first at a 4 way stop in my car one time …. Still keeps me up at night !!

Jan. 10, 2016, 5:02 p.m.

Everyone loves a tea party stopped middle of the track. And it's definitely ok if you dumb ass hats kill my flow, no problem at all… have a nice day.