Newbies on da shore......

Jan. 17, 2003, 5 p.m.

OK so I am not a great rider, but a friend of mine whom also rides wants me to bring him to North Van to ride. Here's the rub, he rides a Motive full suspension bike. I told him that he really should consider renting a bike to ride up there, he is harder on parts then I am……LOL He also rarely wears a helmet, and thinks armor is for pussies……so, should I bring him up and let him destroy his bike, not to mention bang the hell out of his head and or legs? Or let him come up on his own and not take the grief that is sure to follow when he has to bring his bike back across the border in more pieces than it came across in? :hurt:

BTW I was thinking 7th, Espresso combo for him :D

It's not the Speed that Kills, It's the sudden Stops.

Jan. 17, 2003, 5:04 p.m.

I wouldn't ever let my friend ride the shore w/o helmet. I know it's their choice and all, but I'd still feel responsible if they broke the shit out of their head…

TUFF will be like the time you went to the candy store and everything was on sale, except better.

Jan. 17, 2003, 5:10 p.m.

No helmet- NO RIDE! Tell him BLUNT BOY said so. If he wants to break his bike, that's his business. ;)

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

Jan. 17, 2003, 5:12 p.m.

We don't need any more bad publicity…

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 17, 2003, 5:33 p.m.

No offence to you, but your friend that wants to ride the shore without a helmet sounds pretty stupid. And doing so only creates the potential for him to become even more stupid (or dead).

What's a "motive" bike? Is it good or bad?

iforonewelcome.com

Jan. 17, 2003, 5:40 p.m.

I wouldn't. Does he actually ride hard? Is he competent enough to ride the shore?

I'd say no helmet, no ride.

http://www.cyberetrothreads.com

ya fuck you windows. fuck you too door.

Jan. 17, 2003, 5:46 p.m.

You make him sound like a hack. I dont know if he is but I think the shore will destroy him and his bike. Im just not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

alive as always

Jan. 17, 2003, 6:09 p.m.

theres enuf work for search and rescue without some lamer being carted off the mtn cuz he didnt wear a helmet or armor…

if he thinks he's above wearing protective gear, tell him to stick to teh seawall in stanley park…

:mad:

Jan. 17, 2003, 6:43 p.m.

who cares if he breaks his bike. it can be repaired, or at worst be replaced. not wearing a helmet or crash gear is a recipie for disaster. if he eats it and cant do a thing for himself because he smashed his head, whats the use in having a bike? i know first-hand that a helmet WILL save your life, but you cant force him to do anything. personally if it were me, i wouldnt ride with him. partly because you will feel responsibe if he dies or becomes paralized and secondly because people will partly hold it against you if he kills himself.

Eye on the TV
'cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavor
It happens to be like:
"Killed by the husband"
"Drowned by the ocean"
"Shot by his own son"
"She used the poison in his tea
and kissed him goodbye"
That's my kind of story
It's no fun til someone dies

Jan. 17, 2003, 7:34 p.m.

Just say no.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Jan. 17, 2003, 7:34 p.m.

if he really wants to ride shore you should take him under the condition he wears a helmet. as for armour, thats really up to him. the only time i ever wear armour is when i ride the shore cause its quite bad to fall on rocks and roots

i live in a box :)

Jan. 17, 2003, 8:36 p.m.

aboslutely no way w/o a helmet. As for the armor, he will someday learn the hard way.

Jan. 17, 2003, 9:03 p.m.

Originally posted by sAFETY
What's a "motive" bike? Is it good or bad?

[HTML_REMOVED]cough[HTML_REMOVED] Costco boat anchor.

Someone lend the guy a hockey helmet or something… Foo!

Ride More Bitch Less

Jan. 17, 2003, 10:29 p.m.

just say no

(\ /)
(O.o) help bunny achieve world domination. sig him.
(> <)

Jan. 17, 2003, 10:34 p.m.

Not wearing a helmet is a big problem. slap on the wrist bad bad bad:nono:

// What's Good // F U N E R A L // Ultramontane // DEEP SIX //