New to the Shore, and Shore riding...

March 2, 2007, 1:58 a.m.

Hey Dan,

Any time you want a tour of the trails up here in Squamish just shoot me off a PM. Great pics on your site!
Colin

March 2, 2007, 6:52 p.m.

I've been in this country long enough to get a thick skin to the usual British jokes, ha.

Thanks for the awesome welcome

March 2, 2007, 7:35 p.m.

Please do not take the advice to do 15 bus shuttle runs of Burnaby Mountain.

March 2, 2007, 7:38 p.m.

Please do not take the advice to do 15 bus shuttle runs of Burnaby Mountain.

People actually shuttle Burnaby Mtn.?? Pardon me but I believe that is lame. Riding up that mtn. is soooo easy folks! Try it!

March 2, 2007, 9:37 p.m.

People actually shuttle Burnaby Mtn.?? Pardon me but I believe that is lame. Riding up that mtn. is soooo easy folks! Try it!

please dont suggest to shuttle bby mountain. The mountain is getting so beat up have some respect.

March 2, 2007, 10:50 p.m.

I'm up for a ride on Fromme just about any time dude. Shit, that goes for anyone. shoot me a PM for a phone number :)

March 2, 2007, 10:55 p.m.

Dan…

This is Dan from NSMBA… what is up?

Good to see you here! I mean is there anywhere else to be?

See you around the "shore".

Dan

www.steedcycles.com

March 2, 2007, 11:13 p.m.

i believe young teenagers like me dont ride uphill that much haha

JDM POWER!

March 3, 2007, 2:13 p.m.

This site has trail maps and mountainbiking clubs if you want to get a basic idea or join a club: http://www.outdoorvancouver.com

Welcome to the Shore!

Ok, first post, better make this count…

I just moved to North Van from the UK by way of Edmonton, AB, and I'm stoked to be able to get out on the bike ASAP. Trouble is, I have a ton of experience with 'regular trail riding, but very little with the typical Shore riding. Where's a good place to start out, without wrecking myself / soiling my pants first time out? I was up on Seymour a couple of days ago and rode Bridle Path with no problems at all, what's the next step up in trail difficulty? Sorry for the noob questions.

Oh yeah, the other thing… I work as a mountain bike photographer and I'm always looking to hook up with some riders to shoot - being new out here means I've got very few contacts (read: friends, hah). So let's get it on, baby. In the photographical sense, yeah.

- Dan

March 5, 2007, 4 p.m.

Got up too late for the Sunday ride, but met up with a couple of guys on Seymour for a couple of runs. Rode Corkscrew -[HTML_REMOVED] Pingu -[HTML_REMOVED] Pangor, now I'm totally hooked!

March 5, 2007, 4:13 p.m.

Hey Dan! Good to see you posting and making connections here.
I was one of the Muddbunnies on that Momentum Ride a couple weekends ago at Bby Mtn. You probably remember my super friendly dog :P
Definitely try to make it out to the Sunday morning gong show ride sometime if you can. I've ridden with those guys before and they're great fun to ride with. The resident Brit that has joined their group is my other half. I also hope to get back out with them sometime soon too…bringin' up the rear :P
See you on the trails - and get your girlfriend to sign up to Muddbunnies :)

www.muddbunnies.com
www.nsmba.ca
www.bteamlovesyou.com

you can always make more money but you can never make more time.

I think it's called work for a reason. Or else they probably would have called it fun-time at the fun factory.

March 5, 2007, 4:47 p.m.

Yeah I remember your dog for sure!

Laura (my girlfriend) is gonna be doing the Muddbunnies ride this Sunday I think

March 5, 2007, 4:55 p.m.

I've ridden with those guys before and they're great fun to ride with. The resident Brit that has joined their group is my other half.

Hold on, I'm sure you're not my trouble and strife ….. I would know (I think), who is the other Brit putting the brit back in British Columbia?

Awww that's a nice looking pup….

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

March 5, 2007, 5:23 p.m.

Hold on, I'm sure you're not my trouble and strife ….. I would know (I think), who is the other Brit putting the brit back in British Columbia?

Aw geez, there's two…now three???

This is spreading like a bad rash.

There's only so much dry humour we can take around here :lol:

March 5, 2007, 5:40 p.m.

please dont suggest to shuttle bby mountain. The mountain is getting so beat up have some respect.

Damn. One VW Shuttletank For Sale………..

"God gave me eyes so I don't ride my bike thru dog poop right dad?" <- my 11 year-old ->

..`Good times come and good times go,
I only wish the good times would last a little longer.."-Mike Ness