New Seymour trail

July 17, 2013, noon

Is that the little drop through the trees in the picture. Hit it blind the first time, was so nice, had to push up and hit it again.

Did I see you and your buddy doing that last night? I was out with my dog…

Shredding hypothetical gnarr

July 17, 2013, 12:11 p.m.

Could have been. Someone did pass me as I was pushing back up to hit that little tree drop again.

On a slightly different note; I just about cratered at another point on the trail where the trail is rounding left and you need to stay high left up and over a rock pile. I came in too fast and on the right edge of the trail, where there is nothing but a large hole on the right side of the rock pick. Have to try and remember for next time as the high left line would be even better if speed was carried into and through it. I am really liking this trail. woo hoo

July 17, 2013, 12:33 p.m.

On a slightly different note; I just about cratered at another point on the trail where the trail is rounding left and you need to stay high left up and over a rock pile. I came in too fast and on the right edge of the trail, where there is nothing but a large hole on the right side of the rock pick.

That's really the only full-on surprise on the trail.

flickr

July 17, 2013, 12:59 p.m.

Judging from the marks on the ground, more than one person has missed the mark. One our ride, we noticed it looked a bit strange, so stopped and scoped out the line on foot first. Not really hard to ride, just need a little momentum and bias left on the trail.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

July 17, 2013, 2:05 p.m.

Loving this new line! I can't stop riding it!

Pinned from Dale's to the bottom of high school is non-stop fun with a bit of everything from old school gnar to new school flow. Amazing work. HUGE thanks to the builders.

July 17, 2013, 2:43 p.m.

^yep. good fun all mountain biking.

July 17, 2013, 6:21 p.m.

This trail is just super schweet - thanks for all the work

July 24, 2013, 9:27 p.m.

Gotta add another "great work!"

thanks to all that helped put this one together, behind the shovel and otherwise

July 25, 2013, 9:26 a.m.

Group ride and party tomorrow

The NSMBA, in partnership with Metro Vancouver LSCR, is pleased to officially announce the construction of a new advanced all-mountain trail on Mt. Seymour. The new, as yet unnamed trail, will link the bottom of Dale's trail with the Bridle Path.

Construction on the approximately two kilometer long trail has now completed, and the NSMBA will be hosting an official opening event on Friday, July 26th.

Starting at 6pm, riders will leave the Old Buck parking lot, and climb the Old Buck and Baden Powell trails to the start of Dale's. After descending Dale's, the trail will be christened with its new name and riders will be treated to a fun, social ride down the new trail.

Apres will follow at Seymour's Pub at 8pm.

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

July 25, 2013, 9:22 p.m.

new trail is really cool. thanks to all involved.

but that Willows guy should really do something about the fall chunder on the first bit of Dales. so old-school and unsustainable. :ohthedrama:

July 25, 2013, 10:46 p.m.

Great way to connect back to Bridle. Excellent choice.

Thanks for all the work! :clap:

July 26, 2013, 8:52 a.m.

new trail is really cool. thanks to all involved.

but that Willows guy should really do something about the fall chunder on the first bit of Dales. so old-school and unsustainable. :ohthedrama:

Not sure if serious but that's the best part of the trail for me. Old school can be sustainable.

:canada:

July 26, 2013, 9:19 a.m.

Dales does have plenty to offer, lots of little lips and roots to pop off of, a few steeps, and one particularly nasty rock roll.

I see the line I want to ride but haven't been able to let it go yet. It is a full commitment line, with some consequences for falling or trying to bail part way through.

Not certain on how much traffic the trail is getting but there is some wear showing, wonder how it will hold up if and when the rain hits. It would definitely make the trail more challenging as right now there is grip pretty much over everything.

July 26, 2013, 9:42 a.m.

Dales held up fine over 2 winters after the TAP work. It will definitely need some maintenance but all trails eventually do.

:canada:

July 26, 2013, 2:40 p.m.

Dales held up fine over 2 winters after the TAP work. It will definitely need some maintenance but all trails eventually do.

this i can definitely agree with.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer