New here and thought I'd say hi!!

Oct. 28, 2008, 2:53 p.m.

How's everybody? I've been into biking pretty much my whole life(I'm 35) and having grown up in Pemberton gave me a real appetite for mountain biking. I've been out of sport for a few years now, but after riding with my 10 year old nephew, the love for it came back. I picked up a Brodie a couple of weeks ago and I love it!! I was really amazed at how much information is out there about local trails and clubs. I hit the Inter River bike park today and was blown away!! Thanks to everyone who worked so hard at making such a great place!! As well, the people on this board have provided really good advice on where to go riding. Thanks to all of you. I also joined the NSMB club, and would love to get involved any upcoming trail days. But I have to say the after riding the bike park, I seriously need to improve my skills before hitting any trails. I was also thinking about signing up for one of Endless Bikings skills clinics. Has anyone here been through one of them? Their website is great. Anyway, I think I've babbled enough for my first post. Have a great day!!

Oct. 28, 2008, 4:29 p.m.

awesome to hear you're so stoked about getting back into riding! Glad you enjoyed InterRiver, go check out the Burnaby Skills park too. There's no more scheduled trail days until the Spring, but if you're really itching to get out there's usually a builder somewhere who needs a hand (post up your offer on the trail maintenance forum). Don't forget to become a member of the NSMBA at www.nsmba.bc.ca too and then you'll get all the info on trail days [HTML_REMOVED] events.

Oct. 28, 2008, 5:51 p.m.

Have a great day!!

Would you like to borrow my avatar ?
[HTML_REMOVED]------------

One of these is not like the others.

Oct. 28, 2008, 6:52 p.m.

Welcome aboard! It's a great community and lots of people to stoke your ride. NSMBA is rad, sign up! Lots of great people involved in the community and meet tons of riders.

Lots of peeps with lots of experience on here too, some w EB. We hope to ride with you one day soon! Let us know if you need anything.. You know where to find us!

DB@EB

Lessons, Rentals & Tours - since 2004

www.endlessbiking.com

Facebook Fan Page

Follow us on Twitter

Oct. 28, 2008, 7:19 p.m.

I was also thinking about signing up for one of Endless Bikings skills clinics. Has anyone here been through one of them?

Yes, twice and I would highly recommend them. A great way to progress your skills. No matter what level you ride at, they have a course for you. Good luck oh and welcome!

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Oct. 28, 2008, 8:10 p.m.

My wife has been through a weekend long EB clinic and loved it. She's been riding for a long time and still got a lot out of the clinic. It never hurts to get expert advice. You should give the trails a go, just do some research and pick the right ones to start (lower Fromme or Seymour Demonstration forest are good places to start).

Oct. 29, 2008, 10:19 p.m.

Glad to hear your stoked. Welcome to the Board.

** DIE TRYING* :007:
:canada: :england: :beer: :beer:

Oct. 30, 2008, 11:27 p.m.

I'm new as well. Started this summer, and bought a used bike about a month ago.

I strongly recommend you try Floppy Bunny/Slippery Canoe (depends who you ask what its really called) on Fromme.

Its one of the lower trails, but still has a bit of climbing to get to. Its not long enough once you are comfortable riding it…but its a good place to cut your teeth.

After that try Bobsled (its the next trail up)

The Interriver park has helped me a tonne. I've learn alot there…. and every time I come back from a trail ride, I go there, and find that I'm ready to try something that was previously too daunting.

I constantly find myself comparing challenges on the trails to similar challenges in the Park. Once I finally rolled the double black rock at the top of the hill… I've been 100% more confident rolling big steps on the trails.