New Fromme Trail

Aug. 6, 2013, 10:49 p.m.

A well built trail doesn't get "punched out" imo.

Kn.

ha!

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Aug. 6, 2013, 11:47 p.m.

ha!

double HA!

I'm ignoring Smedley.

Aug. 7, 2013, 10:21 a.m.

double HA!

HA! HA! HA!

but its not funny

Aug. 7, 2013, 10:32 a.m.

unfortunately i've seen KenN with his shirt off and he's definitely not well built. does this mean he's liable to get punched out?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Aug. 7, 2013, 10:55 a.m.

fortunately I haven't seen KenN with his shirt off, but ha!

Aug. 7, 2013, 11:16 a.m.

A well built trail doesn't get "punched out" imo. Corollary: if it gets punched out, it wasn't well built in the first place, and probably shouldn't have been built.

Conclusion, if it's not going to be well-built, don't f___ing build it.

Kn.

I guess you must not like the new after taste trail then

its getting pretty punched out and it was built by 'professionals'

:ohthedrama::ohthedrama::ohthedrama::ohthedrama::ohthedrama::ohthedrama::ohthedrama::ohthedrama::ohthedrama::ohthedrama::ohthedrama::ohthedrama::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

formally wernie

Aug. 7, 2013, 12:11 p.m.

I actually usually agree with KenN but even a perfectly constructed trail will get punched out, that's just common sense.

- If a fresh trail is ridden significantly before it's able to bed in with a few rainfalls and gentle riding, it will get punched out. We've had almost no rainfall so anything newer than early June is in this boat.

- Every trail requires maintenance. A well built trail requires minimal maintenance.

- People who try to emulate what they see in bike videos by kicking the rear out at every opportunity are going to wear down any trail bed short of concrete. Nothin' wrong with riding this way as long as you put in your time on trail maintenance to make up for it.

March 20, 2014, 11:01 a.m.

I guess you must not like the new after taste trail then

its getting pretty punched out and it was built by 'professionals'

It's actully running really good these days

March 20, 2014, 11:30 a.m.

If there is a trail in the forrest, but nobody Stravas it, does it really exist?

That is so depressing.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

March 20, 2014, 11:39 a.m.

I actually usually agree with KenN but even a perfectly constructed trail will get punched out, that's just common sense.

Agree to some extent but I think we're all smart enough to distinguish between 'punched-out' due to sh*t construction, 'punched-out' due to riding in bad/improper weather, and requiring maintenance. Im pretty sure KenN was just referring to the first.

March 20, 2014, 11:42 a.m.

Agree to some extent but I think we're all smart enough to distinguish between 'punched-out' due to sh*t construction, 'punched-out' due to riding in bad/improper weather, and requiring maintenance. Im pretty sure KenN was just referring to the first.

Mostly.

But also, baiting syncro. :P

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.