New Cove G-Spot

Oct. 1, 2009, 3:27 p.m.

Any idea on a price for a frame and acomplete set up?

Giver

Oct. 1, 2009, 7:55 p.m.

it's even funnier, because the site is relatively up to date..

for now.

if you don't have anything nice to say maybe you should just keep your comments to yourself. we can't all own chumba and be as cool as you.

Oct. 2, 2009, 11:44 a.m.

Yeah, I know these things are slow to start, but that's what I want. I haven't the finances right now, and being rushed out the door is what makes the 1st production runs suspect. Maybe not this year, but by 2011 I'm pretty sure that the bikes will be rolling out of the factory regular. Only reason why they wouldn't be is if they weren't selling, which would be a good sign that somethings not cool with the bike.

So, I wait and ride my Samurai for now (which is the reigning best bike I have ever owned - so no hardship at all).

www.northshorebillet.com

Oct. 3, 2009, 8 p.m.

I rode the new G-spot down in Bootleg canyon as well as on the shore for three runs down Cbc Pingu Pangor I cant wait till these new bikes hit shelves cause based on what I have seen they will be popular.The bike I rode had the new Canadian shock Elka and it seemed to do the job quite nice was very adjustable,the bike was very nimble and light peddaled very well. I have been riding a older G-spot for the last 6 years and this new one is more like the STD just lighter less traval .I think this will be a perfect Shore bike pedal up and rock on the way down Thanks Cove Boys for hooking me up !

Oct. 7, 2009, 8:40 p.m.

The bike's intended weight is 7 pounds no shock. Depending on spec you can build it up sub 30pounds. It's a 6" aggressive all mountain bike. The intended release date is spring 2010. This is a tentative date as we are still working on the tubing. The bikes at Interbike are pre-production bikes and don't fully reflect the final product. There will be some cosmetic revisions to make the whole look a little more smooth.

Oct. 8, 2009, 5:43 a.m.

How is the geo for the large size frame?? Is it the same as printed in the 2010 catolog?

I am a rider who is 6'5", so I would need to ride a large for the top tube length, not really into running a 19.5" seattube though, as this would affect the standover clearance.. I know this bike isnt a freeride bike, but a seat tube this big really limits its ability as a freeride bike for taller riders. 18" - 18.5" is perfect IMO.

it's hard to face the problem when the problem is your face

Oct. 8, 2009, 5 p.m.

How is the geo for the large size frame?? Is it the same as printed in the 2010 catolog?

I am a rider who is 6'5", so I would need to ride a large for the top tube length, not really into running a 19.5" seattube though, as this would affect the standover clearance.. I know this bike isnt a freeride bike, but a seat tube this big really limits its ability as a freeride bike for taller riders. 18" - 18.5" is perfect IMO.

But to getting a good climbing position you are probably going to running a lot of seatpost which a believe is pretty hard on frames.

vegetarian: an ancient word for "likes to stay home with the ladies…"

Oct. 9, 2009, 9:17 a.m.

I like it, but c'mon, please give up this lame naming convention… a new design was a good time for a new name!

Dec. 24, 2009, 9:01 a.m.

New G-Spot = mini STD? Sounds kinda gross if you put it this way, eh?

Anyways, I've been advised by a few friends that the '06 Dirtbag I have is starting to be a bit long in the tooth. Time for an upgrade perhaps?? Still "old skool" so I still like to pedal up. Just having a hard time deciding on a bike/frame and an even harder time deciding between the STD and the G-Spot. Buddy here in the Loops has an STD and it's SAAAWEEEET. Better start saving nonetheless….

Dec. 24, 2009, 12:45 p.m.

the STD is pretty heavyweight for pedaling up..

sure it can be done, but its really more suited to going down…

were as the new G-spot is WAYYY better at climbing, then the STD…after riding one this weekend i was really happy with the full range of riding i was able to do on it…

Dec. 24, 2009, 1:03 p.m.

I like it, but c'mon, please give up this lame naming convention… a new design was a good time for a new name!

Such as The Cove Clap perhaps?

protect tom mcdonald at all costs