never again

Feb. 13, 2004, 10:15 p.m.

while riding this weekend my rear derailer got caught up and broke in half, after i threw it into a lake due to rage i decided to drop my bike off at aka the bike shop to get it fixed, i also asked them to put some new oil in my forks and tighten my cassette… anyways two days later i went to pick it up, the bill came out to be $170.00 i thought that was alright for all the work that got done….. but it turned out that they forgot to put oil in my forks and tighten my cassette!!!! so i payed $170.00 for a new derailer (shimano deore by the way) new chain and labour….. that seems a bit high……. at overtime sports this would have cost much less.

i know what your thinking "well why didnt you take it to overtime sports then?" well first of all overtime doesnt service forks, second of all overtime is only open till 530 which is a bit inconvient but whatev. so at the time aka was the shop that was open. The main reason i took it to aka is to get the forks serviced….. which they ended forgeting to do anyways soooo.

i dont really wanna complain about this, and i still think that aka is a good shop …. but $170.00 for chain,derailer, and labour!!!! WOW i think that is a bit much, am i right?

nothing like goin for a ride…then hittin up Wendys for some junior bacon cheeseburgers -AC

Feb. 13, 2004, 10:17 p.m.

yes. yes you are.

take it to junkies or somethin next time haha

i believe they are open till 7 or so.

Feb. 13, 2004, 10:17 p.m.

What derailleur and chain?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 13, 2004, 10:22 p.m.

thats why you dont go to aka. go back and ask for a thing that says how much each thing was.

SELLING: 2003 norco sasquatch frame 210$obo PM for more info

Feb. 13, 2004, 10:22 p.m.

normal black shiman deore and sram chain that has life time warranty whoopie

nothing like goin for a ride…then hittin up Wendys for some junior bacon cheeseburgers -AC

Feb. 13, 2004, 10:24 p.m.

geez MTBers are so cheap its embarrasing(sp?).

First off man, if you don't know if it was a good deal or not, why are you whining that you got a bad price.

Unless it was a Deore the pricing for a derailleur should run, anywhere from 75 to 110 bucks(LX??) the chain is worth 30 bucks, plus half to a full hour of labour……….add tax and you got the normal going rate for a bike shop that doesn't feel like going out of business.

AKA are good people. I'm so tired of people bitching about the expense of riding, if you can't afford it, get a single speed or a skateboard.

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Feb. 13, 2004, 10:25 p.m.

LX is only 64$

SELLING: 2003 norco sasquatch frame 210$obo PM for more info

Feb. 13, 2004, 10:27 p.m.

don't flame on me, I just read the Deore part…………..the price may be a bit steep, but deal with it properly. Go and ask for a breakdown, and don't mess with dudes on the net. One phone call to a competitive dealer would've answered your question.

if they overcharged you, and you present it, I'm sure they will make up for it.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

Feb. 13, 2004, 10:29 p.m.

I admit I was a bit harsh Mr. Burger, I am a bit sensitive on the whole scenario………..I hope you get a better deal in the future.

Go see Brian at the new COVE and your bike will run great, he really goes the extra mile.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

Feb. 13, 2004, 10:38 p.m.

What kind of cheese comes with this whine?

Feb. 13, 2004, 10:40 p.m.

Originally posted by BURGER
normal black shiman deore and sram chain that has life time warranty whoopie

Definitely a bit much, even if you're unknown.

Go back and ask why - maybe there was some extra work to be done to get the derailleur installed? Or maybe they charged you for the other work and forgot?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 13, 2004, 10:41 p.m.

ohhh ohhh.
can it be swiss. please?

Fear me. I have a Cabin in montana.
::Team Pancake Pride::

Feb. 13, 2004, 10:41 p.m.

ok ok lets not get out of hand…. im not saying that the people at aka are bad or anything and they do do good work, i just think that in this case i was a bit overcharged…. also because im not very expierienced in buying derailers i was just wondering if it was a good deal?

derailer $60 ….. chain $60 ….. labour $35

and i am going to deal with it… this was the first time dealing with aka and after this i wont be very inclined to go back…. due to the price…..

and im not cheap…. i know biking can be an expensive sport btu taht doesnt mean that i should be happy about being charged $60 for a chain and $35 for a simple installation.

Feb. 13, 2004, 10:42 p.m.

Originally posted by Zedbra
What kind of cheese comes with this whine?

Well, since the cheese is not that pungent, I might suggest something light, like a 98 Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Feb. 13, 2004, 10:43 p.m.

srry botu the "lets not get out of hand" didnt see your third post sideshow