never again

Feb. 14, 2004, 8:54 a.m.

i love the "plz pay ful retail price to help support your LBS" mindset…

what a load of crap… no one wants to pay retail for ANYTHING, theres no reason to think a bike shop should be any different…

if u can get a lower price, do it…

def sounds like that shop worked your wallet over… next time go elsewere…i would…

for 170$ or so u could have walked out the door with this…

http://www.bikeroom.com/product.cfm?ProductID=22

instead of some POS Deore…

Feb. 14, 2004, 8:56 a.m.

suck it up or learn to fix shit yourself.

Feb. 14, 2004, 1:33 p.m.

I agree that you should suck it up and learn to fix your bike yourself.

Next time get a quote on how much it will cost (Entire Job) then with that cash buy the tools that you are going to need and go from there.

If you don't know how to fix your bike then take the time that it took you to post these whiny threads and start stripping and busting bolts like a lot of folks do to figure out how to fix there rides.

Throwing shit in the lake. Come on grow up.

I'm the best at being modest !

Feb. 14, 2004, 2:16 p.m.

It's noone's fault but your own that you got ripped. Sure, you're in a rush, but if you're not gonna take the time to shop around, and you're just gonna take it into the first shop you see, don't expect them to offer you anything other than full retail or whatever they decide to charge you. Ask for an estimate of how much it will cost, and ask them to explain it out to you.

Not to sound harsh, but it's your own fault for not a) shopping around, and b) asking for estimate/challenging the prices they quoted.

Take it up with the shop instead of bitching on an online bulletin board. Maybe they replaced your derailleur hanger too? Maybe they thought you wanted a new cassette? Maybe they thought you wanted a full tuneup or something.

http://www.cyberetrothreads.com

ya fuck you windows. fuck you too door.

Feb. 14, 2004, 8 p.m.

i realize that it is my fault thats why im not going to go to aka and complain. i respct aka they're great with bikes and they do goos things for the community. i didnt shop around and i payed for it literally. o well money doesnt matter at least i get to ride, ill be sure to be more careful next time.

nothing like goin for a ride…then hittin up Wendys for some junior bacon cheeseburgers -AC

Feb. 14, 2004, 11:10 p.m.

Where is aka? I've heard the name, but don't know if I've been there.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 14, 2004, 11:26 p.m.

port moody

SELLING: 2003 norco sasquatch frame 210$obo PM for more info

Feb. 17, 2004, 11:51 p.m.

U shouldn't be throwin shit into the lake asshole !! Fish and animals live there!!!!

Life Part 2

Feb. 18, 2004, 2:57 a.m.

aka is kind of hidden.. i went there once after riding the trials park and skate park there in pomo. I test rode the 243 there and bought some shoes. The guy gave me a bunch of stickers and i have never gone back there.. i dont know why..

S.Deore der=35$ at LBS . mtb chain =3$ at LBS. chain braker= 12ish$ at LBS. set of allen keys = 12ish$ at LBS. the satisfaction of fixing something yourself = priceless

i think it was matt who told me what happened to you, burger. tisktisk.

Feb. 18, 2004, 3:18 a.m.

Originally posted by SIDESHOW
I'm so tired of people bitching about the expense of riding, if you can't afford it, get a single speed or a skateboard.

MOTHER…FUCKING….WERD

tell it like it is.

Feb. 18, 2004, 6:11 a.m.

Originally posted by SIDESHOW
I'm so tired of people bitching about the expense of riding, if you can't afford it, get a single speed or a skateboard.

This coming from a guy who gets his parts for free… :P :D

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 18, 2004, 7:40 a.m.

MEC stocks all the Park Tools at a great deal… ships really fast for $6.50, and Park Tool has repair advice. For forks, just go to Carter Motorsports for some fork oil, all the tools for them are standard.

170 is high…. but maybe they did work you are not aware of.

Feb. 18, 2004, 8:53 a.m.

yea learning to work on your own bike is a great asset and its easier than you think. save you time and frustration too.

Feb. 18, 2004, 9:03 a.m.

yeah but what i gather is, he took it to the shop mainly to get his fork serviced

Feb. 18, 2004, 9:08 a.m.

i dont understand why he's bitching tho.