Need a guide

June 9, 2014, 3:10 p.m.

Taken the Fam on Alaskan Cruise, but I'll just be dream'n of all the dirt I'll be seeing along the way and wish'n I was on two wheels instead. We are from Houston, Texas. I'm an avid cyclist and former Mtn bike/Road Bike racer turned off road motorcycle racer/MX rider. Looking forward to the goodness you call home! We'll be staying at Lonsdale Quay, North Shore Vancouver, for two day's, once we depart the boat! We'll just do a city ride on Monday, July 7, to check it out, but my son and I would love to hook up with someone on Tuesday, July 8 for as much trail riding as our legs and lungs will provide!! Renting bikes from Endless Bikes so any information on trail maps and places to meet up would be mucho apreciated!

June 9, 2014, 10:12 p.m.

If you only have one day to ride you should get a guide/instructor from endless too, will make the most of your day that way

June 10, 2014, 6:24 a.m.

I'll run into someone I'm sure..

June 10, 2014, 4:35 p.m.

With limited time, the investment in a guide from Endless is a no-brainer.

They'll quickly be able to assess your skill level and appetite and show you trails that may not be as well known. Otherwise, I suspect you'll be doing a lot of hike-a-bike. Plus they'll be able to shuttle you.

June 10, 2014, 4:43 p.m.

With limited time, the investment in a guide from Endless is a no-brainer.

They'll quickly be able to assess your skill level and appetite and show you trails that may not be as well known. Otherwise, I suspect you'll be doing a lot of hike-a-bike. Plus they'll be able to shuttle you.

This is good advice.

If that's not in the budget buy the trail app for your phone and do some research.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

June 11, 2014, 6:55 a.m.

Yea, looking to go low budget here. Tail end of Alaskan cruise you know!! Working on the maps, figure there will be someone out on the trail… may already have a riding partner?? But anyone wanting to show me a good time more than welcome! I'll buy the first round of beer at the end of the day!:grinno:

June 11, 2014, 8:52 a.m.

Yea, looking to go low budget here. Tail end of Alaskan cruise you know!! Working on the maps, figure there will be someone out on the trail… may already have a riding partner?? But anyone wanting to show me a good time more than welcome! I'll buy the first round of beer at the end of the day!:grinno:

Give this a read.

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=147199

There’s been a bunch of intermediate trail development since that thread was started, and you’ll be here at a better time of year, but there’s a reason people are recommending a guide;-) I Shore toured my brother and a friend a couple years ago in late June. They are avid riders (from Colorado) and have good fitness, but there was a lot of walking.

June 11, 2014, 9:54 a.m.

Cool, looking forward to it! Just looking for the fun ride, not going big or doing big drops, so for sure going to take all the advise I can get, because, you know, I have to go home in one piece so I can lie to all my bud's of all the big air and fat drops I hit!:woot:

July 10, 2014, 5:42 p.m.

Big Shout out to Jaclyn for showing me some of the best mountain bike trails ever! Got to hand it to all those involved in making it what it is. You have a special place and hats off to those who ride those trails! Would like to come back again.

July 30, 2014, 2:35 p.m.

I'm curious if you remember the names of the trails you rode. It's always interesting to see what new Shore riders think of their first ride.