my cove story

Dec. 20, 2003, 12:32 a.m.

i should hate them…but i dont. i love them. and here's why.

i called them at 4:20 right before leaving to see what time the new store closes, they told me 7pm. i was going to get my bike today and got there at 6:45 after being stuck in traffic for close to 2 hours. Found the new store was closed, so i'm like "fuck"…drive over to the old shop in Deep Cove. Ask whats up.

Gabe has Browner and Stuart drive over to the new store. Open it up, tune/prep my bike and sell it to me and run it through there. Despite the fact it was midnight madness and the other store was closed (with my bike locked inside).

Then Gabe realizes he didnt bring all the tires and the wheel and springs and stuff he was gonna give me, so he's shipping the stuff to my house at their expense. Even though I said I would just be coming by to place a deposit today (I later phoned and said I'd buy it completely cause my moeny came in, though Gabe was off sick). So he went out of his way to get me set straight even though it was nobodies fault.

I'd like to just publicly give Cove a huge two thumbs up, I've always been a fan of their service but this is just over the top. I went in wonder what was up with telling me the wrong time, i left with a new bike, an even higher respect for the #1 shop in North Van, and a huge smile on my face….and more importantly a new bike :D

- A very impressed Cam

Dec. 20, 2003, 12:36 a.m.

So you bought the Giant Team DH that was at the new shop?

If so, I sat on that thing when it was first there, and the rear suspension is super plush.

What parts did you get with your bike?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 20, 2003, 12:38 a.m.

Originally posted by Zaskar
**, i left with a new bike, an even higher respect for the #1 shop in

CANADA,

and a huge smile on my face….**

much better :)

Dec. 20, 2003, 12:40 a.m.

I left the sale with 4 beers busting out my bladder and SNFU blaring. top shelf.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Dec. 20, 2003, 12:40 a.m.

Cam, you stayed a little later. It was awesome - Skylar showed up! :thepimp:

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 20, 2003, 1:06 a.m.

Cool, that's what I call top level service. Enjoy the new ride.

Dec. 20, 2003, 1:13 a.m.

i really wanted to stay but i had to get goin cause my dad came along to let me put it on his credit card (since my account wont let me move those kinds of units, 3800$). skylar, omg he's such a hottie. i just went downtown in the rain to ride my bicycle and s tand around like they do every week.

it was stupid plush when i got it cause there was no air in it. so i had them pump it up. i'mm getting a spare rear wheel, a bucnh of tires, some springs, ummmm….yea just odds and ends. they're replacing the shock bushing thing for free. i had the clipless pedals swapped out for some new flats. which works for me better cause i have no $$ and no clipless shoes and no experience on clipless.

and rob, it's the one from the new shop.

ross, #1 in CANADA. you know it.

next bicycle purchase? foreplay perhaps. i nthe very very distant future.

Dec. 20, 2003, 2:29 a.m.

at least someone has gotten good service.

optional signature you may use to appear at the bottom of your posts

Dec. 20, 2003, 12:27 p.m.

enjoy the bike, its by far the best bike on the market, kills for Freeriding;howver, if ur into riding the circus with it i dunno. You have urself a merry christmas cam, we shall go for a ride, and represent lol. if anyone eles would like to be as cool as ZASKAR, ive got the same bike for sale for a few hundred less.

HighlanderRCNCo
forsale
2004 Giant AC1

Dec. 20, 2003, 12:48 p.m.

Nice purchase..you will love that bike! Post some pics when you get a chance.

Gabe is a good guy. Good story!

Dec. 20, 2003, 2:24 p.m.

Isaw you there !!!! … skylar and swtch showed p but then all us kiddies went elsewhere

www.idun.tv
03' marzocchi dirt jumper 2
new steerer, crown, stantions
$300 obo

Dec. 20, 2003, 2:57 p.m.

Originally posted by J dot
Isaw you there !!!! … skylar and swtch showed p but then all us kiddies went elsewhere

Our smell does have that effect on people… :D

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Dec. 20, 2003, 3:09 p.m.

yeah i think i'd like to take home darren buttcloths pink hit…definetely a nice ride

here to ride but i'm to busy building

Dec. 20, 2003, 3:45 p.m.

nice to hear things worked out well for you!
Gabe is a Super nice guy for sure and props to him for doing what he did.
I hope you have a blast on ur new bike Cam. :thepimp:

Andrew Cho

GT Bikes
http://www.gtbicycles.com

Dec. 20, 2003, 3:54 p.m.

Originally posted by J dot

i saw you too, my dad was goin aggro hahahaha :thepimp:

woulda come over but i figured i should hang in there and spare browner the wrath of my dad bitching some more. :rolleyes:

…and corey, i posted pictures in photos/vid