My Big Fat Balfa Rant!

July 16, 2003, 3:33 p.m.

Man, it sure sucks having to wait for a bike. I feel your pain.

That said, Balfa is a pretty small outfit, plus the fact that they're moving their entire factory at the moment - may seem like lame reasons (especially for someone who's jonesin' for their new ride), but it's also something to consider.

As for their customer service, it sounds like they could step it up a notch or two. You shouldn't have to wait 10min for someone who's not even there. I'd suggest keep calling, but try to keep your cool on the phone with them because don't forget, they're French (covering my head from the barrage of flack that'll be hurled my way for that one). Seriously though, they're a pretty laid back bunch - maybe a bit too laid back sometimes though.

Anyway, you're gonna' love the new bike. It's a burly ride that doesn't get seen around very often and you're supporting a bunch of Canadians on top of it!!

All the best.

Mike E.
I'm sure Steve(rep) will do all he can. If he doesn't, let me know and I'll give him sh!t.

July 16, 2003, 6:57 p.m.

Ok. So I have the bike, well, I will at 9:00am tomorrow morning. At this point, I have no idea who I should blame. Here's how it went down. My LBS used to rent an garage and some other space across town last year and this is where they ran their shop but earlier this year, they moved down town. The CS guy returned my call and said that the bike was shipped bike, but they shipped it to the OLD adress so he gave me a tracking number, now I don't know if they knew the company had moved or what. My LBS had contacted Purolator to see if they were holding it because it could not be delivered and they said they didn't have any bike and they didn't return any bike. So I went on purolator.ca and typed in the tracking number, and found out that Purolator actually delivered it to the wrong address, being the old location of the shop. The package was signed by the owner of the building. I called my LBS back, and they said that the landlord was being a dick but that he( the LBS owner) would personally go down there and get it back. At this point, I had to go to work. On my break I called my LBS, and they said that they had to send Purolator to get the bike because if he had opened it, Purolator could charge him with theft. So, after I was off, we went down to the old location where the landlord was. He said that he didn't have the bike, and Purolator picked it up today at 4:00pm. I called my LBS (again) and the owner said that Purolator had the package but it was too late for them to deliver it or for him to pick it up. So tomorrow morning, it is getting delivered and I am meeting the owner to build it up!:D

Believe me, this was a real ordeal just to get a bike and there is some other minor stuff that I left out…. but ya, I will get to ride my new bike all day tomorrow to get used to it, and then I'm off to Sun Peaks for the weekend!:thepimp:

it's hard to face the problem when the problem is your face

July 16, 2003, 9:16 p.m.

Murphy's Law :rolleyes:

I actually suspected the old landlord all along :thepimp:

"Sad, but true. Oh, so true! (I couldn't have said it better myself). The newest craze in mountain biking (a sport that keeps reinventing itself -out of boredom?- is called "Slopestyle" -doing flips on mountain bikes." -Monica Craver- :lol:

July 17, 2003, 12:11 a.m.

Thats good that puro has it

For reasons I won't go into ,I am almost certain the lbs and the landlord at the old site are NOT on good terms

Re:the french thing…another lbs told me he had to yell and rant and rave at a french outfit(not balfa) to get them moving,which was not the way he was used to doing business

could be a cutural thing eh?

July 17, 2003, 12:13 a.m.

XXX_er who are you what do you ride? I'm from PG to

July 17, 2003, 8:04 a.m.

some old guy

giant nrs,vitus road bike,kona hahana, Brodie holeshot … but one at a time

wana buy the brodie?Its well spec'ed and in nice shape

July 17, 2003, 11:30 a.m.

add me to msn and we'll talk

July 17, 2003, 2:55 p.m.

I sent you a PM if yer really interested in the brodie

my kid just called me and said he got a job at MB ,he thot he was gona be working in the shop but for his 1st day of work he has to go help out on the sunpeaks trip

so he called to borrow food money