My Big Fat Balfa Rant!

July 15, 2003, 7:16 p.m.

Reminds me of a certain incedent I had lol, man o man, if you guys dont remember im not gonna telll you. All you need to know is now im riding my dream bike, becuase another company screwed up too much. .243 RACING AVENGERS FOR LIFE.

July 15, 2003, 8:50 p.m.

Man that blows big time but at least you have your LBS on your side. If anything you should be getting the paint for free and alot of swag too. But maybe Balfa is having alot of problems right now though. If I remember correctly aren't they almost bankrupt and fighting to keep their factories in Canada. Maybe that is why they were having trouble? Either way it is no excuse though and you should be getting some free shit along with your sweet new bike.

2005 Brodie Heathen

July 15, 2003, 10:51 p.m.

It sucks that you might not get your bike on time, but if I read this right it's only 2 weeks late at this point right?

It kind of surprises me that anyone figures their bike will show up on time-especially a custom order.

I'm not saying that delays are okay but the bike industry is notorious for being a little-shall we say late. Alot of it is the fact that bike manufacturers rely on other bike companies to supply them with sub-assembly components. If one little bolt or specialized washer isn't there-you can't ship the bike or frame.

In the end they could air ship the frame as it sounds like someone knows where it is.

July 15, 2003, 10:54 p.m.

and that children is why we dont send away for a cosom paint job

FINISHED.

July 16, 2003, 12:35 a.m.

Ya, I'm gonna call customer service again tomorrow and be a little bit more…. persistant….:mad: Yes, Steve, the Balfa rep will be in Sun Peaks with some demo bikes this weekend. I was told by my LBS that I would be allowed to ride the owner of the shop's '03 BB7 if I want but I don't want to fuck him over, plus it is to small for me. I'm going to rattle the cage a bit on the phone tomorrow and see where I can get, I'll basically tell them that I know it takes longer for custom paint but 7 weeks is overboard. Also, why is it necessary for them to have $4600 of my money for that long without me recieving anything… and so on… hopefully they'll understand and get their shit together. Thanks for the support guys. Ya, I think my LBS could have done more about it but at this point, they are being cool and are really appologetic.

it's hard to face the problem when the problem is your face

July 16, 2003, 10:35 a.m.

yeah man just be really persistant and everytime they try to put you on hold just start blabbing and everything. I was just thinking do you know what would be harsh if you went to the Sun Peaks thing and one of the demo bikes was a brand new custom painted Balfa:eek: i'd go off the handle but for some reason i don't think they'll have it in by friday. I'm sure MB will straighten everything out for you they're good guys. You still riding the minute man? Man you should come on msn once in a while.

July 16, 2003, 11 a.m.

Absolute bummer!

It sounds as though you had a verbal commitment from Balfa and they couldn't hold their end of the bargain. If this is any indication of their customer service when you're buying the bike, just think of how much of a nightmare it could turn into if you need deal with a warranty issue. I'd be asking for my cash back and looking for another Canadian bike.

You're LBS intrigues me…are they a Balfa Dealer? If they are, I'm surprised that they'd ask for the cash upfront. Usually if a store doesn't have the item in stock, they'll order it (with the credit they've established with the manufacturer or distributor) and and let you know when it's in and THEN you pay for it when you pick it up. If this was a special order because your LBS is not a Balfa dealer, then I can understand.

Balfa makes nice stuff, don't get me wrong. But when I cracked my Brodie and got a warranty replacement, I was up and riding again within a week. Not too shabby.

Hope it works out for ya.

July 16, 2003, 11:40 a.m.

ya they are a balfa dealer but they don't have credit established with any manufacturer,they are a new store just getting established … Brian is a retired DH rider and Dave has a real job at costco

I think I would ask for $ up frort on a custom order,a stock balfa you could likely sell no prob but you could lose $ on something custom if the customer changes his mind

one lbs I deal with sez "anytime you deal with those assholes back east its a problem,if yer dealing with someone in BC …no problem"

Hey I got warranty on my brodie in 2 HOURS

July 16, 2003, 11:51 a.m.

what lbs said that? they from Prince?

July 16, 2003, 12:38 p.m.

FUCK! I just got off the phone, After waiting 10 mins. because the directory line was busy, I asked for the person in charge of CS. She put me through and nobody answered, so I asked to talk to somebody else in CS. She said he was the only CS person and that he must be away, she took my number but I know these guys are netorious for not calling back…. plus I work in an hour so I really don't think I'm getting anywhere…:mad:

July 16, 2003, 12:43 p.m.

shit man hey go on msn quickly for like 10 mins

July 16, 2003, 12:50 p.m.

your working at the mcdonalds at spruceland eh? Are they still hiring? i'm going to drop off a resume there today at like 2:30-3:00ish. Have any of the managers ever talked to you like what should i do when i hand in the application?

July 16, 2003, 12:56 p.m.

Originally posted by Aircorp
FUCK! I just got off the phone, After waiting 10 mins. because the directory line was busy, I asked for the person in charge of CS. She put me through and nobody answered, so I asked to talk to somebody else in CS. She said he was the only CS person and that he must be away, she took my number but I know these guys are netorious for not calling back…. plus I work in an hour so I really don't think I'm getting anywhere…:mad:

ASS HOLES:swearing: :swearing: :swearing:

Find out who's got the cash.

If your LBS held it all, you might still be able to cancel your order and get it your $$ back.

If LBS had to pay a deposit to Balfa, :mad: , they've got you by the short and curlies. Find out how much went to Balfa, it certainly would not have been the lot. LBS would have at least kept their profit.

"Sad, but true. Oh, so true! (I couldn't have said it better myself). The newest craze in mountain biking (a sport that keeps reinventing itself -out of boredom?- is called "Slopestyle" -doing flips on mountain bikes." -Monica Craver- :lol:

July 16, 2003, 1:08 p.m.

It sucks that everyone seems to be jerking you around… keep in mind though that anytime you get any custom option (even paint) you run this risk…

I used to hear it said all the time that if you put a deposit on a custom Ti frame it would take 6 weeks for the bike to arrive… 5 weeks for the builder to party it up on your coin, 1 week for him to recover, 1 day to weld the frame and then transport… the paint will probably be drying in the box on the way to Kamloops

July 16, 2003, 1:26 p.m.

Originally posted by polytics
**It sucks that everyone seems to be jerking you around… keep in mind though that anytime you get any custom option (even paint) you run this risk…

I used to hear it said all the time that if you put a deposit on a custom Ti frame it would take 6 weeks for the bike to arrive… 5 weeks for the builder to party it up on your coin, 1 week for him to recover, 1 day to weld the frame and then transport… the paint will probably be drying in the box on the way to Kamloops **

Ya, I knew the risk I was running, I was originally quoted two weeks, then a month. The thing is, there is another guy waiting on a Minute Man that is completely stock. And it was supposedly shipped out before mine and it hasn't arrived yet either. I'll call them again tomorrow, apparently the rep is going to be raising hell so we'll see how that goes.