Mtn Bike Primary versus Mtn Bike Only

June 4, 2012, 11:22 a.m.

Trails are for sharing, aren't they?

Yes, except for Bobseld which is signed

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

June 4, 2012, 12:35 p.m.

hear hear….always slow down, smile, and say hello, no matter whom you meet on the trails.

Anyone I meet up on the trail, bikers or hikers, I also let them know if I am the last rider or how many more riders are behind me, so they are aware someone else is coming or not.

I have no filter …

June 4, 2012, 12:48 p.m.

I just mutter "can't we all just…get along?" to everyone I see. Equestrian, hiker, fellow biker, coyote…it's all the same. Give em the ol Rodney King.

Wrong. Always.

June 4, 2012, 1 p.m.

5 or more years ago, I was poaching the walking trail next to the trans-canada trail coming off the west side of Burnaby Mountain. I knew it was hiking only but I couldn't bring myself to skip a sweet singletrack descent in favor of the big gravel fall-line that the trans-canada is there.
As I slowed to get past a hiker, he started talking to me. "Hey, I can totally understand why you are riding this but, It's one of the only trails on the mountain where we don't have to worry about bikers coming down on us. I just live over there….." No judgement, No anger, No attitude. I haven't been able to bring myself to poach it since. If I ever ran into him again, I would be mortified.

June 4, 2012, 4:34 p.m.

hear hear….always slow down, smile, and say hello, no matter whom you meet on the trails.

Even if it's Monica?

Thread killer

June 4, 2012, 4:43 p.m.

Even if it's Monica?

especially if they're assholes to you

June 4, 2012, 4:47 p.m.

Anyone I meet up on the trail, bikers or hikers, I also let them know if I am the last rider or how many more riders are behind me, so they are aware someone else is coming or not.

This something I always do. Nothing is worse they having 1 riding pass you and then the whole group rip past you 5 sec later.

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.