MTBer's Sabotaging trails???

Sept. 3, 2022, 9:32 p.m.

I rode down Pipeline today, such a fun trail! After the last teeter totter, came around a corner and had to stop due to a bunch of sticks/branches in the way. I initially thought a hiker must've done it, but then I noticed someone had placed a bunch of wood on a braid in the trail and rightfully so. Some of it had been cleared so they could ride through, but they threw all the wood on the main trail. I cleaned it off the trail and carried on.

Then I was going down the straight section, picking up a lot of speed when I noticed some more wood across the trail in one of the dips, I had just enough time to get my front tire up to ride over it! Scared the crap out of me!! I looked to my left and saw another unnecessary braid in the trail.

Why the hell would anyone throw wood on the main trail because someone block your unnecessary braid! I'm glad nobody got seriously injured due to their stupidity. Keep you eyes open if you're riding Pipeline.

Last edited by: Ouch on Sept. 4, 2022, 8:09 a.m., edited 2 times in total.
Sept. 4, 2022, 7:56 a.m.

Sounds like we need some motion-activated wildlife cams put up again.

Sept. 4, 2022, 6:08 p.m.

Some people are just a-holes, and some of them happen to mountain bike.

Sept. 6, 2022, 4:25 p.m.

Ghost of you know who?

Sept. 6, 2022, 5:21 p.m.

Ghost of Strava is my guess. They probably shaved 2 seconds max. There was no need for the braids, super easy corners already. I don't know why you'd want to race down Pipeline and miss all the cool wood features! What's the point?!

Sept. 7, 2022, 8:25 a.m.

Maybe ebikes going up?

Sept. 7, 2022, 11:10 a.m.

there is a long existing hiker/trail runner/dog walker trail that connects between Ladies and Pipeline and kind of contours along and across Fromme,

maybe a non-biker was mad that some biker blocked that heritage route (the biker/trail blocker thinking that it was a braid caused by bikers) (still a dick move by the trail unblocker if it is the one I'm thinking of)

I also see lots of original climbing features on climbing trails getting rerouted around and then the original A Line gets blocked, even though they were there for decades without becoming eroded trenches

kind of like someone/group rerouting around long existing sustainable downhill features on downhill trails to make it easier for more people to ride, then blocking the original A Line

Sept. 7, 2022, 5:58 p.m.

Posted by: taprider

there is a long existing hiker/trail runner/dog walker trail that connects between Ladies and Pipeline and kind of contours along and across Fromme,

maybe a non-biker was mad that some biker blocked that heritage route (the biker/trail blocker thinking that it was a braid caused by bikers) (still a dick move by the trail unblocker if it is the one I'm thinking of)

I also see lots of original climbing features on climbing trails getting rerouted around and then the original A Line gets blocked, even though they were there for decades without becoming eroded trenches

kind of like someone/group rerouting around long existing sustainable downhill features on downhill trails to make it easier for more people to ride, then blocking the original A Line

I wish I would've taken some photos, then I would be self-explanatory I think. The braids paralleled(3-4 ft away) the main trail for 20ft before reconnecting to the main trail again. 

Not a hikers trail, the tire marks made that obvious.

Sept. 7, 2022, 7:11 p.m.

Posted by: andy-eunson

Maybe ebikes going up?

Had to be! Assholes.

Sept. 10, 2022, 7:10 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Maybe ebikes going up?

Had to be! Assholes.

My son wanted to go down Pipeline again. Stopped at the crime scene and did some analysis. My data shows you guys are right!

Sept. 12, 2022, 10:03 a.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Maybe ebikes going up?

Had to be! Assholes.

Important thing is to identify an other that can be blamed.