Mt Seymour road closed at 8:00 pm

Nov. 20, 2015, 9:53 a.m.

So we went to retrieve our shuttle vehicle at 8:30 last night, and to our suprise the road was closed at the turnoff to old buck parking lot. Turns out there is a sign off to the side of the road saying that Mt Seymour road is closed after 8:00 pm. I have never noticed the sign before but it looks like it has been there for a long time. Managed to talk the dude stopping traffic into letting us drive up the road, and he didn't give us much hassle. This is the first time I have seen the closure enforced. Guess it's time to start riding up for night rides.

Anyone else experience this?

Nov. 20, 2015, 10:15 a.m.

Yep. Normal closures every winter. The warden at the hut is usually pretty reasonable, only giving you a hard time if you go to "retrieve" your vehicle but in fact do another lap. They write down license plate numbers to keep track of who's up there in case of a search and rescue situation.

Nov. 20, 2015, 1:16 p.m.

I remember it being close when I was living there in 2003/2004.

Nov. 20, 2015, 2:15 p.m.

Yep, every winter during ski-ish season. They're usually pretty friendly, but don't understand night shuttling trail builders! They may also question your tires in winter condition but saying you're only going half way can help this if conditions allow.

Sustainable will be around forever.