Move over Monica...

Dec. 1, 2013, 5:16 p.m.

Hey same complaint, different papers!

http://www.northshoreoutlook.com/opinion/letters/233775571.html

http://www.nsnews.com/opinion/letters/review-district-of-north-vancouver-environmental-trail-assessment-1.712140

Then a little bit of research (yes Google ;) ) and it looks like the guy is a small time politician, probably attempting to further his career by jumping on the Mountain Bikers are evil band wagon!

https://twitter.com/NorthVanBlogger

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

Dec. 1, 2013, 5:21 p.m.

Can someone explain to me how MTB trails are a " threat to local hillside biodiversities"?

Dec. 1, 2013, 5:33 p.m.

Really, all he's asking for is a review of the current state, which I think if the same company that did the 2006/2007 environmental trail assessment repeated their work, the report would likely be very favorable. Funny that the crackpots get in line with what they think is a voice in their favour.

I say - please, bring on the independent environmental assessment! Great work has been done in the past three years. Maybe the Green Party will pay for repeating the study, cuz I doubt the taxpayers will.

On that note, I'd be more than happy to take John Sharpe out for a friendly ride to show him the LSCR demo forest work done on Circuit 8 downhill to Fishermans Trail - rerouting a straight-line water chute of washed out chunder to a rolling contour allowing no water flow.

Dec. 1, 2013, 5:44 p.m.

maybe he wants another assessment cuz hes on the payroll for the co.

Dec. 1, 2013, 5:49 p.m.

I doubt it. He (or at least someone with the same name in the same city) was a Green Party candidate a while ago, where as the company that did the first assessment was from Nelson or somewhere in central BC.

Dec. 1, 2013, 5:58 p.m.

See, that official looking letter to the editor is proof the shore is not being dumbed down.

Dec. 1, 2013, 6:03 p.m.

On that note, I'd be more than happy to take John Sharpe out for a friendly ride to show him the LSCR demo forest work done on Circuit 8 downhill to Fishermans Trail - rerouting a straight-line water chute of washed out chunder to a rolling contour allowing no water flow.

Monica, please make sure you quote that to him. I can be reached at 604 910-2174 for that ride. Heck, I'll even walk there with him.

Dec. 1, 2013, 7:17 p.m.

Is there a election coming soon?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Dec. 1, 2013, 7:53 p.m.

Really, all he's asking for is a review of the current state,

Not sure I agree 100%. It seems to me that the writer has already drawn his conclusions and fully expects and "review" to merely confirm them.

However, as others have mentioned, any such review must include the full inventory of trails and not just focus on mtb trails exclusively. It's only fair and reasonable.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Dec. 1, 2013, 9:02 p.m.

And Mike and Monica are the only comments on the North Shore Outlook, great. Not being from the shore, maybe no one reads that publication, idk… But seriously, Mike? Does he just sit around and monitor the Internet all day watching for any mountain bike related article to come up? This is way outside his home turf…

Dec. 1, 2013, 9:39 p.m.

Instead of giving these douches more air time, just delete this thread.

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 1, 2013, 9:50 p.m.

Is there a election coming soon?

Nov 15, 2014. That qualifies as soon.

Dec. 1, 2013, 9:50 p.m.

Funneh how I see more and more hikers on the new, improved "mountain bike" trails on lower Seymour… to anyone who claims that hikers have no/minimal impact on trails - hike the Baden Powell Trail from Deep Cove to Quarry Rock sometime.

Dec. 1, 2013, 10:11 p.m.

have been a mountain biker for 20 years and much of the riding I have done has been on Mount Fromme and Mount Seymour. About five years ago I stopped riding on those trails because of the difficulty and safety levels and because of what I observed as considerable forest floor damage by erosion.

Jeez , I rode seymour a few times back in the early 90's with this guy.
He was a co worker of mine , and a very keen and avid Mt biker.

Its sad to see him take this stand after many years of riding , and thus abusing our mountain sides.

I find it very odd that a person whom seemingly embraced a great sport , rec activity and then turns 180 after so many years.
On a political note seems like a good time to get your voice out there. Just under a year to the election , Right after the NSMBA annual . Siding with a crazy person or two always helps to make your Voice seem more sane as well.

Dec. 1, 2013, 11:10 p.m.

Funneh how I see more and more hikers on the new, improved "mountain bike" trails on lower Seymour… to anyone who claims that hikers have no/minimal impact on trails - hike the Baden Powell Trail from Deep Cove to Quarry Rock sometime.

True. Or if anyone wants to see the neglect of hiking trails as no-one seems to want to maintain them, try walking along the Trans Canada on Cypress and piss about trying to get up the landslide with some sketchy looking bit of old rope hanging off a tree on a wet day. My wife twatted her knee on the trail further down so we had fun and games get up there….

treezz
wow you are a ass