Monica Craver? remember her?

April 7, 2023, 9:50 p.m.

Do any of you remember the crazy nutjob Monica Craver (anti mtb er )that used verbally assault people while riding on the north shore? Got yelled and cursed at by her a few times with my family while riding.

Anyhow I accidentally found her obit at Boal chapel she passed away 2022  march . I then peeked at her FB page which is filled with anti vaxxer and clownvoy support free dums bs.

Thought the trails were quieter... 

RIP nutter it's going to hot down there...

Sent By Flux Capacitor

April 8, 2023, 12:06 a.m.

Classless post is classless.

April 8, 2023, 10:25 a.m.

All these colorful characters are part of our history. R.I.P. Monica, I'm glad that you're finally at peace.

I remember the day when Ernie Crist passed away, it was a somber day for the MTB community. Among his other accomplishments, he was our catalyst.

Rest easy you loose cannons, thanks for walking along with us on our journey. Even if sometimes you were only walking along with us to yell crazy profanities :)

Last edited by: Hepcat on April 8, 2023, 10:26 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 8, 2023, 1:37 p.m.

I'm pretty sure we can thank Monica for the trail through Mountain View park.  Seems like a fitting legacy.

April 8, 2023, 2:36 p.m.

Seems weird to say it, but folks like Monica & Ernie actually made the north shore biking community stronger. Gave bikers a focal point to unite on / go against.

April 8, 2023, 6:32 p.m.

I hope she has peace now (and the Pink Starfish rebuild can happen again, as it started and then mysteriously had to stop....).

April 8, 2023, 7:31 p.m.

Posted by: trumpstinyhands

I hope she has peace now (and the Pink Starfish rebuild can happen again, as it started and then mysteriously had to stop....).

That would be awesome. Best trail on the mountain!

April 9, 2023, 9:25 a.m.

Posted by: skooks

I'm pretty sure we can thank Monica for the trail through Mountain View park.  Seems like a fitting legacy.

Actually, you can thank her for the closure of Griffen Switchbacks that dumped you out into MV Park.  This was done to keep bikers out of the park and divert them to the road.  One legacy I guess.  Problem is:  it is always the loudest voice always gets heard.  It took one (1) old lady to continually complain to WV district about smoke from fires on Ambleside beach to get it banned completely.  Monica was not far off.

Don't think she had anything to do with Pink Starfish, and I don't think a rebuild will happen any time soon.  If it does it will be nothing like the original.

April 9, 2023, 10:19 a.m.

Posted by: Polymath

Posted by: skooks

Actually, you can thank her for the closure of Griffen Switchbacks that dumped you out into MV Park.  This was done to keep bikers out of the park and divert them to the road.  One legacy I guess.  Problem is:  it is always the loudest voice always gets heard.  It took one (1) old lady to continually complain to WV district about smoke from fires on Ambleside beach to get it banned completely.  Monica was not far off.

Oh shit I hope that wasn't my Mom 🤔.

Bonfires at Ambleside were what's best in life.

When we get old (er) and crotchety (er) we can spend all of our time with the District on speed dial advocating for trails. And big fires.

April 10, 2023, 8:33 a.m.

She inspired others to place traps on trails, people were injured. The shore is at peace now.

April 13, 2023, 10:28 a.m.

Posted by: switch

Classless post is classless.

Agreed

Take it easy there Wanderlust, hate begets hate. All this is old news, no need to be so angry about something from so far in the past, that in the end benefitted the mtb community.

As other said above, hopefully she found some peace after she left the neighbourhood.

April 13, 2023, 10:41 a.m.

Let's leave the dead in peace and move on. Locking thread.