Monica Craver needs to get a life

Oct. 10, 2012, 5:02 p.m.

http://www.sooke.ca/EN/main/documents/agendaminutes/documents/Oct912SuppInfoPkgBikeSkillspkg.pdf

Interesting to read other sane people's opinions too.

Feel free to write a letter of support for our friends in Sooke…

http://www.sooke.ca/EN/main/contacts/feedback.html

Anybody give her a call yet? Maybe we can come to a mutual understanding. :lol: Also, I like how the email addresses are censored.. but not really.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Oct. 10, 2012, 8:07 p.m.

Anybody give her a call yet? Maybe we can come to a mutual understanding. :lol: Also, I like how the email addresses are censored.. but not really.

I purposefully omitted her numbers since I really don't want her getting prank calls and
shit, I just think she's one very misguided individual on par with Mr. Vanderman.

As I said, the other comments against the park are well written and while I don't agree
with their view, I can see their concerns.

There was a small DJ park built not too far away that was ill conceived (no real drainage
flat land and such) so we really need to make this one well from the get-go. We have a
good contractor (they've done some other very good parks in our province) and we're looking
for grants and such to accomplish our task. We have the Slow foods people helping us and
it's looking up. It appears we are almost done with the council process (with support from
some surprising councilors) from last nights meeting. While nothing's in stone, things
are looking up.

We're hoping that we can bring more kids and even parents into the fold with our small
park and hope to garner support in the future for a more bike friendly town. There were
obviously enough outside letters to show the council that biking tourism is good for
our town, and to those of you who wrote, thank you…and to those that will write (it's
not over yet), thanks in advance.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Oct. 11, 2012, 1:25 a.m.

…But it is in the dumbest location possible. Why not ay the bottom of pidherny or by the BMX track?

Agreed. I'll just keep riding Cranny.

Oct. 11, 2012, 7:50 a.m.

OH !!! so its ok if her extended family rides MTB, but not the general mass'..

got it..

:deadhorse:

Oct. 13, 2012, 10:30 p.m.

Glad to see one frog made it past her son.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 14, 2012, 7:17 a.m.

I purposefully omitted her numbers since I really don't want her getting prank calls and
shit, I just think she's one very misguided individual on par with Mr. Vanderman.

As I said, the other comments against the park are well written and while I don't agree
with their view, I can see their concerns.

There was a small DJ park built not too far away that was ill conceived (no real drainage
flat land and such) so we really need to make this one well from the get-go. We have a
good contractor (they've done some other very good parks in our province) and we're looking
for grants and such to accomplish our task. We have the Slow foods people helping us and
it's looking up. It appears we are almost done with the council process (with support from
some surprising councilors) from last nights meeting. While nothing's in stone, things
are looking up.

We're hoping that we can bring more kids and even parents into the fold with our small
park and hope to garner support in the future for a more bike friendly town. There were
obviously enough outside letters to show the council that biking tourism is good for
our town, and to those of you who wrote, thank you…and to those that will write (it's
not over yet), thanks in advance.

Alpine bike park's twitter feed (from Friday) says Sooke is a go for next year.

Pastor of Muppets

Oct. 14, 2012, 7:32 a.m.

Alpine bike park's twitter feed (from Friday) says Sooke is a go for next year.

This is Sooke, nothing is done till it's done. We had approval for Harbourview, CRD built
the bathrooms and parking lot a year ago, and yet we still have no park.

Don't get me wrong, things are looking up, but as with any largish endeavor from a small
club in this town, so much has to happen (funding and such), and so much can go wrong (law
suits and such).

That said, we hope to have this going by next year, and shortly afterward, we'd like to
hold a few small events such as; races for the kids, skills workshops, and a bike festival
that would incorporate the skills park and hopefully Harbourview (Super-D race).

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Oct. 14, 2012, 7:58 a.m.

Monica and Christ have helped make mtn biking on the Shore what it is today.

This…But at the same time, I don't understand why we still talk about her?!? All you're doing is feeding her addiction. Do you not realize it has nothing to do with MTBing. I'm no shrink but to me it's all about attention and loneliness. The only logical explanation is some sort of metal illness… I kind of feel bad for her.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

Oct. 14, 2012, 8:14 a.m.

Monica and Christ have helped make mtn biking on the Shore what it is today.

What did baby Jesus do?

Pastor of Muppets

Oct. 14, 2012, 1:17 p.m.

This…But at the same time, I don't understand why we still talk about her?!? All you're doing is feeding her addiction. Do you not realize it has nothing to do with MTBing. I'm no shrink but to me it's all about attention and loneliness. The only logical explanation is some sort of metal illness… I kind of feel bad for her.

if only that negative energy was directed towards something constructive, huh? i'm sure there's some deep seated psychogical issues at play resulting in the blind demonization of our demographic w/o proper considerations of facts. she seems more intelligent than that, but there's a core of irrational hatred that she really needs to purge.

and: if nothing else, people like this serve to make us more cognizant of our social [HTML_REMOVED] environmental impacts. there will always be conflicts in multi user scenarios, and self awareness helps mitigate [HTML_REMOVED] minimize issues.

Oct. 14, 2012, 2:07 p.m.

Suffering from the world's worst recorded case of Man Flu just led me to type 'Monica Craver' into google images. There's some eye opening images as you scroll down! NSFW….

treezz
wow you are a ass

Oct. 14, 2012, 3:21 p.m.

This is Sooke, nothing is done till it's done. We had approval for Harbourview, CRD built
the bathrooms and parking lot a year ago, and yet we still have no park.

Don't get me wrong, things are looking up, but as with any largish endeavor from a small
club in this town, so much has to happen (funding and such), and so much can go wrong (law
suits and such).

That said, we hope to have this going by next year, and shortly afterward, we'd like to
hold a few small events such as; races for the kids, skills workshops, and a bike festival
that would incorporate the skills park and hopefully Harbourview (Super-D race).

Don't forget a good 'ol fashioned frogboil!

Oct. 15, 2012, 5:51 a.m.

Don't fall into her trap. You can bet she's cutting and pasting comments like that to show how "evil" we are.

Oct. 15, 2012, 7:25 a.m.

The other joke is that when these parks are built, they are very rarely used.

At least, from what I've seen around here. Every time I've brought my kid to a skills area, we are usually alone…sometimes a couple of more people come, but niose should never be a concern.

The one in Langley is a graveyard. Boggles the mind that the city spent an obscene amount of money on that, yet when we approach them about funds to improve the BMX track- which is supported by a club, and sees 200-400 users a week- we get nadda.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

Oct. 15, 2012, 10:26 a.m.

The one in Langley is a graveyard.

In defense of the langley bikeparks, they're built under high voltage power lines, and on a really dry day your balls get zapped on the top tube.

I know it's cheap land, but seriously.