Moab v. Vancouver Spring Break 2003

Moab or Vancouver?

Moab
76.9%
Vancouver
23.1%
Total votes: 13
Jan. 18, 2003, 7:09 a.m.

Where should I go? My spring break is the week of March 24, and I have the option of going to either place, how is the spring riding in Vancouver? Is it all snowed in, or will I be able to hit it up? Such a hard choice :eek:

Banshee Bikes

Disobey

Jan. 18, 2003, 8:45 a.m.

It depends on what you are into. The weather here that time of year can be gross and it's possible that some trails will be snow covered (although miraculously none are now).

But if it is technical riding you are after and weather and scenery aren't a big concern then come here. If you aren't fussy about how cool and gnarly the riding is (from a technical perspective) you might want to come here.

Everyone I know from here who has ridden Moab says things like "take a hardtail" - but they enjoy it for other reasons.

I have not yet been to Moab I'm ashamed to say.

Jan. 18, 2003, 9:02 a.m.

Originally posted by How
Where should I go? My spring break is the week of March 24, and I have the option of going to either place, how is the spring riding in Vancouver? Is it all snowed in, or will I be able to hit it up? Such a hard choice :eek:

Where are you from? And what kinda riding do you do? Also, i think Moab is still pretty cold in March too. I've heard September is the best time to go there

Jan. 18, 2003, 11:02 a.m.

I ride everything pretty much, so both place will be fun, but I think I might choose Moab just cause it'll be warm, riding that rock is fun as hell too, just not as technical as the NS.

Banshee Bikes

Disobey

Jan. 18, 2003, 11:54 a.m.

well, i lived in greater vancouver for 13 years of my life and as long as i can remember it has always rained over spring break. once it actually rained for all of spring break, 8 straight days. i still think it would be tons of fun to ride ns in the rain though and i am sure many would appreciate you bringing your money to vancouver instead of trashy usa.

Jan. 18, 2003, 12:28 p.m.

If the winter keeps going the way it has so far…it'll be summer by the time March comes around :D +14C in Vancouver yesterday, and hardly any snow on local mountains.

Moab is nice in March because you don't start seeing sun spots and almost collapse from heatstroke at the end of long rides, but the higher elevations (especially if you want to ride the La Sals) can be snowy and chilly.

Warwick || Formula Photographic
http://www.BaconHandup.com/

Jan. 18, 2003, 2:13 p.m.

i am going to moab for spring break. it is the best time to go. i was there in febuary last year and it was fine except for like procupine ridge and they high trails. i would go to moab for spring break and north shore in the summer. that is my dream plan. it should b e around 60 in moab in late march but higher up u will need some warmer clotehs.

Jan. 18, 2003, 5:46 p.m.

Yah, Moab will be tons of fun on my new bike, the only thing I don't like is the lack of big drops, I mean there's the Mushroom, but that's not fun to session the whole time, plus it's not even very big… oh well, the trails are pretty cool up there :D I heard there might be some man made gaps, maybe I'll ask at Poison Spider.

Banshee Bikes

Disobey