MOAB Freeride Park?

Jan. 21, 2003, 9:26 a.m.

New Moab Freeride Terrain Park"
This week has witnessed abundant good news here in Moab. The fellow who purchased the Moab Rim Chairlift, which came complete with 60 something acres of prime, downsloped Kayenta Sandstone along the upper half of the Moab Rim Trail, has decided to convert the operation into a full-scale freeride terrain park. He has hired a full-time trailbuilder who plans to create an abundance of bridge-and-boulder fusion routes graded anywhere from moderate to extreme. The first several routes should be done in time for the Spring DH Race on the Rim.
I'm ecstatic, since my occasional early-morning commutes up the Moab Rim and across to Hidden Valley will carry me through this very terrain park. Though I'm personally the type of rider who likes to begin a good descent with a long climb, I unabashedly think it's a good idea to have a concentrated terrain park in Moab where the lift-access crowd can bomb down freeridish trails all day long to their hearts' content. This will be on private land, so the impact implications of the affected acreage will not fall victim to any land management agency.

I am a vegetarian not because I love animals but because I HATE plants.

It could be worse…you could be on fire.

Jan. 21, 2003, 9:46 a.m.

Hmm, that's pretty cool, but I don't see where they'd build that stuff on the Rim… not too many trannies and stuff that I saw, hopefully they do a good job.

Banshee Bikes

Disobey

Jan. 21, 2003, 2:59 p.m.

Ohh that is awesome. when i was on the rim i was like this has so much more potential. I am super glad, now i know i should bring the full suspension bike when i go in april. Sweet!!!!

I hope it is fun. that dh was kinda lame before, just a lot of braking and bumps. Also that place with some exposure always scared me, but i am a pussy about that stuff.

Jan. 21, 2003, 3:44 p.m.

MOAB?? Where is it?

Jan. 21, 2003, 3:54 p.m.

this is only the beginning.

Moab is in Utah BTW

iforonewelcome.com

Jan. 21, 2003, 3:56 p.m.

ooooo i knew that:rolleyes:

Jan. 21, 2003, 4:42 p.m.

moab rim is mostly solid sandstone from what I saw of it when i was up there…

www.powderandpark.com - My ski review site

Jan. 21, 2003, 5:10 p.m.

sweet. good news when im out there when i have the cash and can drive and its still around i'll stop by

~www.gravitywarehouse.com~

..:: Team HTP ::..

Jan. 21, 2003, 5:45 p.m.

Interesting,

I wonder if Jeeps will no longer be allowed on the trail.

I wonder if they'll have a shuttle to get you back to the bottom of the lift!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Jan. 21, 2003, 6:46 p.m.

Thats sweet! I am planning to go there sometime next year for a raodtrip. Anyone whos gone have any tips, stories?