Missing Person - north shore

Nov. 22, 2011, 7:01 p.m.

Admins - sorry if this is the wrong area - if so, please feel free to move it elsewhere.

North Shore Rescue is looking for BRIAN MBARUK.

Brian is a 21 year old non white male, 6’3”, 170 lbs, slim build, black hair, brown eyes, with a beard.

Brian was last heard from around noon on November 18th , 2011.

He is possibly wearing a grey baseball cap, with the word “OBEY” on it, A gold/mustard colored hoodie, dark navy blue jacket. He was wearing dark brown colored work boots. He is carrying a large dark blue hiking style knapsack.

He may have gone hiking in the North Shore mountains. Please be on the lookout if you are riding the shore trails.

If seen please contact 911.

Nov. 23, 2011, 9:48 a.m.

Vancouver Sun article on him with a little more info:

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Missing+lost+Baden+Powell+police/5755384/story.html

Nov. 23, 2011, 10:29 p.m.

I dont know from where exactly, but i totally recognize that guy. Lets hope this turns out well, and he turns up safe.

WTF, Over?

Nov. 25, 2011, 5:58 p.m.

Posting again/updating.

North Shore Rescue and the police are continuing to ask everyone who may be out hiking/biking on the North Shore to keep a lookout for Brian. His info is as below, and picture is attached to the original posting.

-Ryan

Admins - sorry if this is the wrong area - if so, please feel free to move it elsewhere.

North Shore Rescue is looking for BRIAN MBARUK.

Brian is a 21 year old non white male, 6’3”, 170 lbs, slim build, black hair, brown eyes, with a beard.

Brian was last heard from around noon on November 18th , 2011.

He is possibly wearing a grey baseball cap, with the word “OBEY” on it, A gold/mustard colored hoodie, dark navy blue jacket. He was wearing dark brown colored work boots. He is carrying a large dark blue hiking style knapsack.

He may have gone hiking in the North Shore mountains. Please be on the lookout if you are riding the shore trails.

If seen please contact 911.

Nov. 25, 2011, 6:34 p.m.

likely to be camping anywhere?

came across a tent set up in a very very weird location today

Nov. 25, 2011, 7:27 p.m.

Might be worth contacting cops or NS Rescue so they can go check it out.

Nov. 27, 2011, 9:41 a.m.

Who in their right mind would be off camping in this weather?!?

It's still worth emailing any info you have to [email protected].

According to the latest NS News article they've called off the search because they don't have enough information. That's different from calling it off because they don't think he's still alive.

Nov. 27, 2011, 11:38 a.m.

Interesting, got an email from the Hollyburn Ridge Association (I'm on their mailing list) about this, apparently he potentially could have crossed over and may be taking shelter in a cabin.

If he's out there still, I hope for his sake that he has. It's pretty miserable out.

Nov. 27, 2011, 1:50 p.m.

emailed and pm'ed those interested in the tent just now

Nov. 27, 2011, 4:30 p.m.

Tim From North Shore SAR wanted me to post his up:

checked the tent… either a covert mtb trail building tool/gear stash or a squat with stolen items from around the area.

Nov. 27, 2011, 6:08 p.m.

Thanks for the tip beeeom and thanks for the post - always good to check into such reports. -Ryan

May 7, 2012, 3:47 p.m.

This story does not have a happy ending, if you are heading out hiking or riding alone let someone know where you are going.

Hiker found dead in Lynn Headwaters
http://www.nsnews.com/news/Hiker+found+dead+Lynn+Headwaters/6580928/story.html

May 7, 2012, 4:06 p.m.

That's too bad. That is why I never venture too far into the woods alone, especially up here.

At least his family now has closure.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"