Metro continuing work ?

Sept. 28, 2015, 11:01 a.m.

Noticed yesterday a sign at the top of Dales indicating some work to be done by Metro starting Sept 28th on the following trails:

• Mushroom
  • Cabin Trail
  • Upper Dales
  • (Might be another one, forgot to take a picture)

Just curious if anyone knows what that they are up to ? (Hopefully a bridge on Cabin?) Do we need to start chaining cyclists to Dales ?

Sept. 28, 2015, 11:30 a.m.

From the "Seymour River Canyon Trail Connections Public Meetings" minutes. See section on Trail Connections under the heading other. Note that the number in parenthesis next to the comment means that no one at the workshop supported either idea. Maybe they are charging ahead regardless of the zero support at the meeting.

"Easier option for bikes from Mushroom parking lot down to Neds/Upper Dales trails"

Also

"More machine built trails"

http://mountainmadness.ca/documents/twin_bridge/Summary%20-%20Seymour%20River%20Canyon%20Trail%20Connections%20-%20Public%20Meetings%20-%202015.pdf

Sept. 28, 2015, 11:51 a.m.

Berms. Berms and gold everywhere. Pave it all.

j/k I have no idea.

Ride, don't slide.

Sept. 28, 2015, 5:54 p.m.

From MTB Trails on Facebook:
Starting Monday Sept 28. Joy Ride will be starting trail work on the Mushroom trail on Mt. Seymour.

Mushroom leads to fairly gnarly trails (Neds and Dales), so why machine it? I see Mushroom as an extension to Neds. Could perhaps do with a bit of work - but machine it? At worst, I'm hoping the machine stops at Neds…. I will probably cry if that trail gets machined.

Sept. 28, 2015, 10:12 p.m.

The end goal might be a bobsled type run all the way to Forever after or lower to Fisherman's. I'm not really against this as long as Dale's remains as is.

Sept. 29, 2015, 10:43 a.m.

The end goal might be a bobsled type run all the way to Forever after or lower to Fisherman's. I'm not really against this as long as Dale's remains as is.

I'm all up for NEW flow trails. I like riding them, but I'd be very unhappy if Neds or Dales were replaced with a new flow trail (as has happened with Upper Dales). I have emailed [email protected] to express my views.

Sept. 29, 2015, 11:02 a.m.

Dale's should stay as is but I wouldn't mind if Ned's got the full flow make over. Good way to keep the Seymour shuttle crowd contained and there's no reason to cut a new line all the way down that side.

Sept. 29, 2015, 11:07 a.m.

The end goal might be a bobsled type run all the way to Forever after or lower to Fisherman's.

seems reasonable, yes. what i find odd is that the trail development plan isn't publicized. shouldn't all this be transparent?

Sept. 29, 2015, 1:41 p.m.

People still ride Neds? I find just throwing myself down the stairs much more convenient and saves on gas too.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Sept. 29, 2015, 1:59 p.m.

People still ride Neds? I find just throwing myself down the stairs much more convenient and saves on gas too.

You must use the force and find the flow. Neds = flow.

Just don't tell all the new-school flow loving riders about the Neds flow or Neds will get bombed and drifted into oblivion.

Haven't been down Neds in ages. Best ridden in the dark in fog, that way you don't focus on all the rough lines, just survival.

Sept. 29, 2015, 2:15 p.m.

Here is the response I received:
"Thank you for you inquiry. The intention is not to make the Mushroom Lot Access Trail ‘easier’. The purpose for this upgrade is to improve LSCR and emergency access, and create an access route that minimizes impacts on the local environment. This access trail in particular needs the drainage improved; the water currently runs down the trail creating a unsustainable future for this access route."

Didn't realize there was so much hate for Neds on here. I guess in my old age I've turned into a grumpy old schooler. Two of my favorite trails are Neds and CBC. But, I do also like the new school trails and most of the new trail work - honest! :)

Yes Neds has lot's of different lines. Work at it bitches, and you too can find 'em ;)

Sept. 29, 2015, 2:24 p.m.

…Didn't realize there was so much hate for Neds on here. I guess in my old age I've turned into a grumpy old schooler. Two of my favorite trails are Neds and CBC. But, I do also like the new school trails and most of the new trail work - honest! :)

Yes Neds has lot's of different lines. Work at it bitches, and you too can find 'em ;)

Wouldn't say there is hate for Neds, just not ridden as much as it once used to be. I am likely in the minority as well, as I also like CBC. Have been down it about 5-6 times in the last few months. Some portions of the trail I used be able to get on a bigger bike don't always work for me on the bike I now ride, but it doesn't matter. Still good fun and quite challenging. Not new school smooth and flowy, but always fun. Good to have diversity in the trails.

Likely over a year, maybe two since I've been on Neds. Maybe it time to give Neds another ride to see it again.

Sept. 29, 2015, 3:33 p.m.

Yah I remember the days when that trail actually had dirt surfaces, eh? When I look at it now I just see broken bones.

Any how, having worked over Upper dales they should just continue it down Dales/ForeverAfter and make it all one long swish line.

:P

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Sept. 29, 2015, 4:37 p.m.

Best ridden in the dark in fog, that way you don't focus on all the rough lines, just survival.

so much truth to this for many trails on the shore.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Sept. 29, 2015, 4:39 p.m.

You must use the force and find the flow. Neds = flow.

Just don't tell all the new-school flow loving riders about the Neds flow or Neds will get bombed and drifted into oblivion.

Haven't been down Neds in ages. Best ridden in the dark in fog, that way you don't focus on all the rough lines, just survival.

Just rode it a while ago, its as fun and challenging to ride as it always has been. Doesn't get much traffic now that bottletop is closed. Nice to have some variation.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch