MEC expansion in North Van. (Merged with rezoning thread)

Nov. 23, 2010, 10:04 a.m.

Correct not huge, but also not mentioned above when asked about any affiliations.

walleater covered off what I was going to respond with….I'd hardly call it an 'affiliation' given how much stuff they test and review across the board both bike and ski related.

Nov. 23, 2010, 10:39 a.m.

http://www.feedthehabit.com/skiing/mec-fusion-softshell-hoodie-and-pants-review-mens-and-womens/

No other affiliation?

Yes I do have one review on an MEC Product.

Which I might add is a great softshell if anyone is looking.

I'm also currently writing up something for feed the habit on MEC's Reflex Down Jacket.

FYI, I don't get anything for these reviews. They're great products and I like to let others users know of such great products when I use them.

But thanks for giving me the opportunity to spread the word again!

I also have TWO reviews on a BSP product as has been noted.

so what's your point?

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Nov. 23, 2010, 10:58 a.m.

It seems like hating MEC for some is like a religion.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Nov. 23, 2010, 11:02 a.m.

It seems like hating MEC for some is like a religion.

As is hating BSP and other LBS for others…

Just Ride.

Nov. 23, 2010, 11:03 a.m.

Oh and speaking of Cannondale, if anyone ever dealt with Doug Dalton, cool guy, ex cannondale rep is now trying to get his dream job at Canyons Resort in Park City! Check it out!

Nov. 23, 2010, 11:04 a.m.

Online reviews fall into the category of marketing. You may not get anything from the review but MEC does get exposure.

Earlier you were asked if you had an affiliation with MEC and said no, I remembered reading a MEC product review when looking at your site. Just pointing it out, no point.

Nov. 23, 2010, 11:07 a.m.

Online reviews fall into the category of marketing. You may not get anything from the review but MEC does get exposure.

Earlier you were asked if you had an affiliation with MEC and said no, I remembered reading a MEC product review when looking at your site. Just pointing it out, no point.

I guess I should have listed all the MEC products I have. I could also list stuff I've bought at BSP but that starts to get a bit ridiculous.

Nov. 23, 2010, 11:07 a.m.

http://www.feedthehabit.com/skiing/mec-fusion-softshell-hoodie-and-pants-review-mens-and-womens/

No other affiliation?

Wow … Sharon is so busted. Not only has she reviewed an MEC product, she has also done reviews for the following Enemies of the Bike Industry:

Cannondale, Trek, Specialized, Norco, Giant, Brodie, Ibis, Transition, Pivot

according to

http://www.leelau.net/links.htm

Nov. 23, 2010, 11:24 a.m.

Which I might add is a great softshell if anyone is looking.

i heard that softshell was made from dead kittens.

Nov. 23, 2010, 11:30 a.m.

i heard that softshell was made from dead kittens.

is that why its so breathable, wind resistant and warm?

But not so good in the wet?

Nov. 23, 2010, 11:42 a.m.

Well, it'd be pretty difficult to wear if they used live kittens.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Nov. 23, 2010, 12:23 p.m.

Well, it'd be pretty difficult to wear if they used live kittens.

Kn.

unless you declawed them.

Nov. 23, 2010, 4:12 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-o1fj1rX7A[HTML_REMOVED]feature=related

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Nov. 23, 2010, 5:51 p.m.

y'know, honestly, I don't really give a shit about MEC.
I look back on my posts there like someone who looks back on their drunken posts, and can't help but laugh.
I mean, really, our world is fucked up anyway and I don't think MEC can make it any worse. I mean, really.

So, like whatever. I like running a bike shop, and I'll keep doing it even if I have to work on Walmart bikes exclusively. Seriously, if I knew how to make more money doing something else, maybe I'd be doing that. But I don't know how to do anything worth a lot of money, (or at all) so I'll just keep fixing and selling bikes til the apocalypse:fruit:.

So many people in the bike biz have a full hate on for MEC, and I usually stay neutral, but I gotta vent every now and then. But I'm not gonna not carry a brand just because MEC carries it. I'm not in the business of 'punishing' suppliers because they sell to 'kitten killers'. I'm in the business of making my customers happy, and if shopping at MEC makes em happy and they still choose to buy shit from me then more power to them. At least I know where my nuts are.

Nov. 24, 2010, 12:06 a.m.

y'know, honestly, I don't really give a shit about MEC.
I look back on my posts there like someone who looks back on their drunken posts, and can't help but laugh.
I mean, really, our world is fucked up anyway and I don't think MEC can make it any worse. I mean, really.

So, like whatever. I like running a bike shop, and I'll keep doing it even if I have to work on Walmart bikes exclusively. Seriously, if I knew how to make more money doing something else, maybe I'd be doing that. But I don't know how to do anything worth a lot of money, (or at all) so I'll just keep fixing and selling bikes til the apocalypse:fruit:.

So many people in the bike biz have a full hate on for MEC, and I usually stay neutral, but I gotta vent every now and then. But I'm not gonna not carry a brand just because MEC carries it. I'm not in the business of 'punishing' suppliers because they sell to 'kitten killers'. I'm in the business of making my customers happy, and if shopping at MEC makes em happy and they still choose to buy shit from me then more power to them. At least I know where my nuts are.

in my experience, shops that pay more attention to doing what they want to do well rather than reacting to everything that everyone else is doing are usually better off for it.

Lorien, you've been around for a while and I don't think you're going anywhere. More shop owners should have your attitude.