MEC expansion in North Van. (Merged with rezoning thread)

Nov. 22, 2010, 4:10 p.m.

You know, all this "I hate MEC" has me looking at some stuff at MEC.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Nov. 22, 2010, 4:43 p.m.

The CD zoning does not change. It is the variance (basically a use description) that changes. It is still zoned CD after the change. The future tenant makes an application to Council for a variance or use and the application is approved or disapproved. Park and Tilford requested a Mall, Lions Gate requested a movie studio. City planners did not zone for this on Day 1. The zoning was CD and still is CD. The use type has been defined based on a tenant's application. There is nothing underhanded or sinister about this. It is the normal way municipalities set rules for land use.

The OCP still informs what land uses go where and thus the "negotiating room" within the CD Zone. Looking at the OCP Map, the area is marked for Industrial. They would need to amend the OCP to change the zoning I assume.

can't get enough of that sodium benzoate…

Nov. 22, 2010, 6:21 p.m.

You know, all this "I hate MEC" has me looking at some stuff at MEC.

me too!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Nov. 22, 2010, 6:38 p.m.

Their website is mec.ca.

Think about it. mecca is where the terrorists come from.

True story.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Nov. 22, 2010, 7:28 p.m.

So far as high paying jobs. Chemex paid a whopping $10.00/hour for the bulk of their staff. I know I applied for a job there when I was bored. I told them I couldn't afford to work for that little money!

this might be the funniest revelation in this thread!

Nov. 22, 2010, 8:02 p.m.

me too!

Nice, though they are way overkill for out here.

I've been looking at this,

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_listing_all.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302726537

In retrospect, if I had actually been thinking would have had my parents on their last visit haul out my Nordic/Touting skiis.

Don't get me wrong, there is one LBS I trust. But they are over 255km's away and I sure don't trust any of the shops here. So I since I do nearly all my own bike repairs it's easier for me to get to get stuff mailed to me.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Nov. 22, 2010, 8:15 p.m.

this might be the funniest revelation in this thread!

And I thought working for CUPE was boring.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Nov. 22, 2010, 10:38 p.m.

The OCP still informs what land uses go where and thus the "negotiating room" within the CD Zone. Looking at the OCP Map, the area is marked for Industrial. They would need to amend the OCP to change the zoning I assume.

Wow … what kind of sick world do we live in when land zoning banishes day care centers to industrial zones. What would Jesus do? Because, as Dire Straits tells us … even Jesus gets industrial disease.

Nov. 22, 2010, 10:42 p.m.

Wow … what kind of sick world do we live in when land zoning banishes day care centers to industrial zones. What would Jesus do? Because, as Dire Straits tells us … even Jesus gets industrial disease.

Jesus would be stoked that MEC was nearby, as he'd be wearing through sandals like nobody's business in this weather.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Nov. 22, 2010, 11:30 p.m.

Jesus would be stoked that MEC was nearby, as he'd be wearing through sandals like nobody's business in this weather.

He could get a new pair with each resurrection!

Rock solid guarantee!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Nov. 22, 2010, 11:49 p.m.

Their website is mec.ca.

Think about it. mecca is where the terrorists come from.

True story.

Kn.

:lol: :lol:

nobody is this dumb.

Nov. 23, 2010, 9:31 a.m.

And no, other then having an MEC membership and shopping there and having received dividend cheques from MEC, I have no other affiliation with them.

http://www.feedthehabit.com/skiing/mec-fusion-softshell-hoodie-and-pants-review-mens-and-womens/

No other affiliation?

Nov. 23, 2010, 9:34 a.m.

http://www.feedthehabit.com/skiing/mec-fusion-softshell-hoodie-and-pants-review-mens-and-womens/

No other affiliation?

one minimal review means she has some kind of huge affiliation with them? get a grip.

Nov. 23, 2010, 9:59 a.m.

one minimal review means she has some kind of huge affiliation with them? get a grip.

Correct not huge, but also not mentioned above when asked about any affiliations.

Nov. 23, 2010, 10:02 a.m.

No other affiliation?

I had a flick through it, mainly to see if Lee was threatening to murder anyone (surprisingly no…heh..) but did see their full list of reviews:

http://www.leelau.net/links.htm

I see far more product that LBS' sell (including Cannondale…), than MEC.

treezz
wow you are a ass