McArthur Island BMX Rant

May 31, 2010, 3:50 p.m.

What the fcuk is with some people????

Two weeks before we are to host an ABA National Series event, some fcuking dipshit decides it's going to be fun and cool to burn down our moto trailor. In doing so, he/they/she has possibly ruined what was going to be a cool weekend for a whole lot of kids, and big kids(adults).

Seriously, what are people thinking when they do this stuff? It does nothing but hurt those involved and as far as I know, isn't cool. Not even close.

Needless to say, we are scrambling right now to sort things out.

Sorry for the rant and it might not make any sense, but I am freaking bitter right now.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

ESC 4 Life.

I create feelings in people that they themselves don't understand.

"Perhaps it was the Noid who should have avoided me." - Mayor West

May 31, 2010, 6:28 p.m.

Wow those CCA guys have taken the sanction war to a whole new level:flame:

Seriously though, I'm sure you guys will put on a good race and hope you are able to restore the shed at some point to it's former glory.

May 31, 2010, 7:11 p.m.

Ugh thats so lame, probably some drunk fucks from the skatepark next door.

June 1, 2010, 2:16 p.m.

That sucks, sorry to hear that. Great location and great track.
On A positive note it sure is a good lesson to the kids involved in the organization who it affected.
You guys can regroup and get your race off, this will make your organization stronger.

We were there at a National race back in the late 90's and a lot of riders (including me twice) got flats, they later discovered people had set roof tacks in the track.

June 1, 2010, 4:58 p.m.

It's been a tough year for our track. We had our moto shed broken into in January. They stole all but two of our club bikes, and we were told we needed to move after this season. In light of recent events, that might be a good thing though.

ESC 4 Life.

I create feelings in people that they themselves don't understand.

"Perhaps it was the Noid who should have avoided me." - Mayor West

June 3, 2010, 6:37 a.m.

Rob- Langley BMX is doing up a donation package to Kamloops. Thanks for helping them get back on their feet.

Did you hear?

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=133624

Press Release: Fire Guts Squamish BMX Shed

Good Morning
Sad new from the Squamish BMX Racing Club (SBRC)

Early Tuesday morning (June 2nd) the Squamish BMX Racing Club (SBRC) received notification from Squamish Fire [HTML_REMOVED] Rescue Services that fire had completely destroyed a building located at the BMX track in Brennan Park late the previous night. The building was just completed late last season as an office and registration shed for the clubs not-for-profit BMX events
President Vicki Schenk commented that the loss of the shed not only means the loss of the ability to continue providing a [HTML_REMOVED]#8220;well received[HTML_REMOVED]#8221; service during SBRC events by participants, but is [HTML_REMOVED]#8220;such a waste[HTML_REMOVED]#8221; because the building was erected with thousands of dollars worth of materials and hours of labour donated by students from Howe Sound Secondary School and local contractors, [HTML_REMOVED]#8220;if it was deliberately set, its sad that something that has been so successful for the community could be disrespected by someone[HTML_REMOVED]#8221;.
Past President Jim Douglas also noted that [HTML_REMOVED]#8220;hopefully there is someone out there that knows something about this[HTML_REMOVED]#8221; and based on the recent [HTML_REMOVED]#8220;suspicious[HTML_REMOVED]#8221; fires within the community; suspected that the fire could be considered arson. Now the SBRC will have to look at the means to replace the building valued at close to $5000.
Squamish Fire has not determined the cause of the fire at press time and is investigating.

Please contact:
Vicki Schenk
President [HTML_REMOVED]#8211; SBRC
(604) 892-7854

For further information

Somebody tried to break into our moto shed in Langley last week. We have steel containers locked up like Fort Knoxx there, but they did manage to cut the phone lines to disarm the alarm.

Something is up…

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

June 3, 2010, 6:42 a.m.

BTW- I agree w/ the above post…your weekend will go OFF! The BMX community isn't just the ABA, most of the CCA folks also race ABA, and will be supportive w/ their wallets at the track.

If you guys can come up w/ a good whack of raffle prizes, we'll ask a few of our kids to make the rounds selling tickets in between motos, to help you out.

This is deffinitely a situation of "what doesn't kill you will make you stronger". Kamloops is a great club, and this may be a great springboad.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.