Mathew (Matt) Bond for DNV Mayor

Sept. 10, 2022, 12:23 p.m.

Matt’s given endless hours to our North Shore riding community, as the past-president of the NSMBA, and to the North Vancouver community in general as a District Councillor with a larger vision than “I’ve got mine.”

This year he’s running for mayor, and with typically low turnouts every single vote counts. I won’t attempt to paraphrase what Matt’s about, other than to say he really cares about making this the best community it can be for future generations.

If you want to know more about Matt’s platform, or you’re onboard and can donate to help out - your time or some money - you can click the link above.

But equally important, even if you, like me, can’t vote in the DNV is to mention it to your friends who can. If everyone digs up a couple votes we can move on from the endless micro management and NIMBY-first attitude that’s effects everything from new trails getting built to my daughter having a crosswalk where we enter her elementary school.

"Everything serious is always [Full Suspension]" - Jerry Willows

#JerryWillowsHatesMyBike

Last edited by: AndrewMajor on Sept. 10, 2022, 12:26 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Sept. 10, 2022, 12:53 p.m.

I'll add a vote of confidence here for Mat even thought I don't live in DNV and haven't always agreed with him. I echo what Andrew says in that Mat has a strong interest in the needs of the entire community and carries integrity with him. I think he would be a big benefit to all citizens of the region in the role of mayor for the district.

Sept. 10, 2022, 1:14 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

…and haven't always agreed with him.

Hahahaha, I think it’s fair to say there’s a good reason we don’t try to run cities and towns by the consensus of the entire population or even elected council.

I’m not eye-to-eye with Mathew on plenty of stuff, just like I don’t agree with every idea or action of other community representatives who I strongly support. 

I don’t let that get in the way of putting in effort to seeing folks elected who have an actual vision for managing our community, for everyone who lives here, in a way that I think will lead to the best future outcome. And I appreciate that you don’t either.

Sept. 10, 2022, 1:48 p.m.

^^^ 

That ties into the integrity part for me; the ability to discuss issues and look for some common ground as opposed to just completely dismissing different ideas.

Sept. 10, 2022, 3:20 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

^^^ 

That ties into the integrity part for me; the ability to discuss issues and look for some common ground as opposed to just completely dismissing different ideas.

Absolutely agree.

Sept. 10, 2022, 3:29 p.m.

No, you're wrong. 

/s

Sept. 11, 2022, 8:54 a.m.

Is he NIMBY or YIMBY?

Sept. 11, 2022, 11:01 a.m.

Posted by: jgshinton

Is he NIMBY or YIMBY?

YIMBY for sure. 

No more micro-managing veto power for the one home owner who doesn’t want a crosswalk in front of their house.

Sept. 11, 2022, 3:20 p.m.

How does he feel about 157 Super boost and Sram UDH?

Sept. 11, 2022, 4:48 p.m.

Posted by: thaaad

He rides a Marin Rift Zone that has neither… does have a Cane Creek CCDB coil shock though!

Sept. 12, 2022, 9:35 a.m.

pad fit half shell or full face?

He has always been able to listen and follow up on any questions I ever asked on any aspect of the DNV not just the trail based ones. He cycled up Mtn Hwy with both kids on his cargobike one morning to discuss and walkthrough the ideas for a new route from Dempsey to the parking lot which really did impress upon me how committed he was to being able to talk with and gather thoughts of people who's actions the DNV directly affects.

Sept. 12, 2022, 2:57 p.m.

If you'd like to help support Mathew's campaign as a vollie, or with a couple bucks, or just help spread the word and get updates, fill the form out here. 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdw9YxjvYNWVpCQdNQkiLKcpU1RPYvISIg0h9Y22S7OceAa4w/viewform

Sept. 12, 2022, 4:45 p.m.

Posted by: thaaad

Mathew delivers Uber Eats downtown on weekends and takes his two kids to the park (along with a cooler, sunshade tent, bbq and a slide) on the biggest, heaviest cargo E-bike you've ever seen.

Except the battery and motor have been long removed. #badass

Last edited by: heckler on Sept. 12, 2022, 5:32 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 16, 2022, 9:13 a.m.

And the campaign website is up now, if you're curious about Mathew's platform, etc. 

Also, if you'd like to donate... that part is key. https://www.mathewbond.com/

Sept. 23, 2022, 12:34 p.m.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci2rj8YuKCE/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Saturday, September 24, 10 AM to 11 AM, meet Mathew at United Strangers for coffee and chat and an MTB ride at 11...  

2 PM Canteen Village lunch.  Have you checked this place out yet?  Amazing Italian takeout, Portland style...

https://www.canteenvillage.com/