Mark Wood vs the NSMBA

Dec. 21, 2016, 10:57 p.m.

Dumb question - Why are people responding to a troll like Scrooge? You're wasting your time and mine, plus helping him sharpen his arguments, lame as they may be.

To paraphrase Mark Twain - Never argue with stupid. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Dec. 21, 2016, 11:15 p.m.

This +1.

He clearly lacks, or is choosing to not use, the capacity to address what could possibly be a serious issue in a serious or competent manner. No credibility = no engagement.

Dec. 22, 2016, 2:10 a.m.

Dumb question - Why are people responding to a troll like Scrooge?

Troll is a much too kind description, but you make a very good point.

Everyone, please stop.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 22, 2016, 6:17 a.m.

Dumb question - Why are people responding to a troll like Scrooge? You're wasting your time and mine, plus helping him sharpen his arguments, lame as they may be.

To paraphrase Mark Twain - Never argue with stupid. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

This all day long!

Dec. 22, 2016, 11:58 a.m.

Anyways, I am in Hawaii and do not do e-fights. I am going snorkelling. Aloha!

Nice. You going biking there? Post some pics, thats what the forum is missing these days.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Dec. 22, 2016, 6:01 p.m.

So I'm not sure if he's available, but I'd like to nominate Ewan Fafard if he is. He's one of the greatest builders in BC if not currently the best. For those who aren't familiar with Ewan, he's the master builder…

While I don't normally speak for other people, I can say with a pretty large degree of confidence that it's unlikely you'll ever see that guy meaningfully involved with another trail project on any trail in North Vancouver.

And as an outsider, the politicking in this forum is infantile and ridiculous and it's really no wonder that it's become a localized mountain biker's version of Reddit.

"It's, like, so much fun."

Dec. 24, 2016, 7:30 a.m.

Awwww no hawaii pics :(

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Dec. 24, 2016, 11:10 a.m.

While I don't normally speak for other people, I can say with a pretty large degree of confidence that it's unlikely you'll ever see that guy meaningfully involved with another trail project on any trail in North Vancouver.

And as an outsider, the politicking in this forum is infantile and ridiculous and it's really no wonder that it's become a localized mountain biker's version of Reddit.

I did some LOLs when he was mentioned.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Dec. 24, 2016, 11:17 a.m.

I did some LOLs when he was mentioned.

Worth mentioning no? Anyway, I heard he's busy.
LOL

Dec. 25, 2016, 8:07 p.m.

Ewan asked me to post this on this behalf as he is very relaxed post Christmas beers

Ewan feels very honoured by the nomination by his good friend TheDon and the good knowledgeable non-judgmental kind people at NSMB. However he wishes to remind his fanclub that it is ski season and lots of time during the rest of the year to put up trailwork pictures. He feels it is time for him to shred hundred of meters of virgin pow with his friends the CMHC Rogue Crew and of course THE Asian Adonis. And he sez "I have a real job now"

dalbello #intuitionliners #cantfeelmyfeet #powinmyface #loraxbesttrailever #tecnicablizzard #skibc #visitpemberton #touringbootsgofundme

Dec. 27, 2016, 6:52 p.m.

Ewan asked me to post this on this behalf as he is very relaxed post Christmas beers

Ewan feels very honoured by the nomination by his good friend TheDon and the good knowledgeable non-judgmental kind people at NSMB. However he wishes to remind his fanclub that it is ski season and lots of time during the rest of the year to put up trailwork pictures. He feels it is time for him to shred hundred of meters of virgin pow with his friends the CMHC Rogue Crew and of course THE Asian Adonis. And he sez "I have a real job now"

dalbello #intuitionliners #cantfeelmyfeet #powinmyface #loraxbesttrailever #tecnicablizzard #skibc #visitpemberton #touringbootsgofundme

YESSS!!! Shred hard and prosper guys!! Snowsporting has been pretty unreal so far this year. Glad everyone is doing what makes them happy!

Dec. 27, 2016, 6:56 p.m.

PS… Baker was sick as today!!! Deep and is going to get pounded all week! Get it while the getting is good!

Dec. 28, 2016, 1:36 a.m.

Anyone else think that Mark Wood's contributions to the Shore should be recognized in a formal way? Community award, plaque somewhere on the shore? It seems to me that he's done mostly good stuff for the mtb community.

Agreed.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Dec. 28, 2016, 12:44 p.m.

Anyone else think that Mark Wood's contributions to the Shore should be recognized in a formal way? Community award, plaque somewhere on the shore? It seems to me that he's done mostly good stuff for the mtb community.

Add Peter Morin to the mix. A VOLUNTEER FOR DECADES. Ran into Peter and Rob M doing trailwork on the Singing Pass in Whistler. He's selflessly put thousands of hours into trails, the vast majority without pay.

I'd add Digger to that mix too but Sharon and Wade and Rocky put up a plaque and a bench for him at the Ladies' trailhead already. Also thousands of hours of volunteer trailwork over decades

Dec. 28, 2016, 11:26 p.m.

And Dean.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells