You would not like duck.
Duck fat does not taste good.
Now, goose fat, or more precisely, the liver of a goose that has been fattened, is foie gras and it is very tasty for those people who eat meat.
Species, breeds and sex used
Traditionally, foie gras was produced from special breeds of geese. However, by 2004, geese accounted for less than 10% of the total global foie gras production and by 2014 only 5% of total French production. Goose breeds used in modern foie gras production are primarily the grey Landes goose (Anser anser) and the Toulouse goose.[better source needed]
In 2014, ducks accounted for 95% of foie gras production. The breeds primarily used are the Muscovy duck (Cairina moschata) (also called the Barbary duck) and the hybrid cross of a male Muscovy duck and a female Pekin duck (Anas platyrhynchos domestica) called the Mulard duck. This hybrid is sterile and is therefore sometimes referred to as a "mule" duck. Mulards are estimated to account for about 35% of all foie gras consumed in the US. About 95% of duck foie gras production from France comes from force fed Mulards and the remaining 5% from the Muscovy duck.
Breanne, maybe it will help to think of the duck fat like butter, or shortening, or lard, or any other fat you cook with. It's a wonderful delicacy, too - better than any of the abovementioned fats! It crisps food up with a deliciously golden color and rich taste.