Mark Wood vs the NSMBA

Dec. 19, 2016, 5:33 p.m.

Anyone else think that Mark Wood's contributions to the Shore should be recognized in a formal way? Community award, plaque somewhere on the shore? It seems to me that he's done mostly good stuff for the mtb community.

Good shout!

Dec. 19, 2016, 5:35 p.m.

Mark Wood is a good man who's done lots for the Shore as mentioned above.
No one person is perfect, again mentioned above.

What's your Beef RobbyRob?
I can only guess that your part of the LEE fan club, Woodro slam club, or Lee himself.

Let it go…..

However, If Mark has moved on ….I'd like to wish him all the best in 2017 and many, many thanks for all the hard work .

Regards

Well said. All the best Mark

Dec. 19, 2016, 7:22 p.m.

Anyone else think that Mark Wood's contributions to the Shore should be recognized in a formal way? Community award, plaque somewhere on the shore? It seems to me that he's done mostly good stuff for the mtb community.

+11

Dec. 19, 2016, 7:54 p.m.

There is no Mark vs the NSMBA, there is only new challenges and opportunities in a new year.

He has been instrumental in building many sustainable programs to improve the Shore, which I expect will live on with or without his leadership. Seymour and Fromme would not be as awesome as they are without his hard work over the last few years!

Hell, whilst we click at keyboards, he's out swinging nails into slats in the snow with a well trained volunteer crew from the Shorecorp! That's dedication.

One way you can easily thank him is to help replace the saw that has built many a bridge in the past seven years. You've got to be quick though - it's 70% funded already.

https://www.gofundme.com/getmarkanewsaw

:beer::beer: Cheers Mark, although I know you won't read this.

Dec. 19, 2016, 9:51 p.m.

Mark's done a lot of good work on the Shore. You've got to admire his passion and his commitment to the trails.

Thanks, Mark. Good luck with whatever's next.

Dec. 19, 2016, 11:30 p.m.

All the best Mark! You've done a shit load of work for all of us to enjoy. Great to have worked with you on TAP!

Dec. 20, 2016, 7:34 a.m.

The TAP program was well-conceived and well-implemented and, on the few occasions that I attended a group build day, Mark was an excellent leader. Kudos to him for being a key part of that.

Yes, there were some issues along the way but lets not let that sully the great work he's done. Take deep breath and… let it go.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Dec. 20, 2016, 9:37 a.m.

Lee and I wish Mark all the best in his future endeavors and are pleased we are continuing to move forward in a positive fashion.

With your abilities that helped to make TAP, Shore Core and the Academy successful we hope you can transfer this to your future prospects.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Dec. 20, 2016, 10:04 a.m.

+1

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Dec. 20, 2016, 11:23 a.m.

I guess one could call the submitted affidavit the 'Colbert Report'…

I'm here all day folks

Dec. 20, 2016, 12:30 p.m.

I guess one could call the submitted affidavit the 'Colbert Report'…

I'm here all day folks

I'd call it a lot of things,

but for the most part I call it "some old blowhard that likes to read his own bs"

I'd much rather the nsmba be able to focus on trails and biking than have to deal with some jackass with a hobby that involves making volunteer's job even harder to perform.

Dec. 20, 2016, 12:31 p.m.

No information regarding this topic into tpdays Pinkbike's article about the NSMBA, Mark [HTML_REMOVED] the Corps.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/race-face-shore-corps-trail-day-video-2016.html

I call bullshit :cow:

Dec. 20, 2016, 3:49 p.m.

I just received official communication regarding the matter, for NSMB's benefit:

Hi NSMBA Supporters

As 2016 comes to an end, we are looking forward to the future. The New Year heralds a few changes within our organization, and with a new Board in 2017, Vince Béasse has decided to step down to Vice President. The Board has voted for me to become President and I'm excited to take the lead! It's been a great 12 months for us and I'd like to personally thank Vince for his leadership over the last three years. Our Annual Report will be issued shortly, detailing our accomplishments and providing thanks to our sponsors and volunteers. YOU have helped make this possible - thank you for everything you do!

With the growth in membership over the last five years from 66 to 1280 members comes an increased level of accountability. We're doing some employee restructuring in the coming months to better align the organization with our current and future needs. As such, we will be allowing Mark Wood's contract to expire on 31st December. We appreciate Mark's contribution to the North Shore community over the last seven years and his help in shaping what the organization is today. We will make introductions once our new positions are filled in the first quarter of next year. Please use [email protected] or contact myself or one of our Directors should you need anything in the interim.

We're excited about 2017 - our 20th Anniversary year as an organization - and hope you'll join us in celebrating our impact to the community and our world-class trail system. Thank you for your continued support.

All the best for the holiday season,

Jenny

After relaying this info to the NSMB community, I was informed that the NSMBA will be posting openings in January and that everybody is welcome to apply, a personal invitation was also extended by Jenny and Vince to Mark to apply.

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

Dec. 20, 2016, 4:22 p.m.

How about we put up some extra-large UV and weather-proofed prints of Mark along the trails?

Dec. 20, 2016, 5:24 p.m.

How about we put up some extra-large UV and weather-proofed prints of Mark along the trails?

YESSSS!!! Let's put pictures everywhere!
Maybe Mark will re-apply?!?! Surely he is the most qualified for the position. Maybe Digger will apply? Also equally qualified? Maybe Lee and Sharon? Haha, I know they're busy. Whoever it maybe be, it's sure to provide all the controversy that we have become so well know for here on the shore. My question is will there be a member vote on it? I'd like to vote!
So I'm not sure if he's available, but I'd like to nominate Ewan Fafard if he is. He's one of the greatest builders in BC if not currently the best. For those who aren't familiar with Ewan, he's the master builder behind such greats as Platinum , Asian Adonis, the Bear DH rebuild, Lorax, and one of the most impressive trail works of art, Squidline! Even though that trail is a "green trail", it's some of the most well thought out building around!