Mark Wood vs the NSMBA

Dec. 18, 2016, 1:42 p.m.

I hear Mark Wood has parted ways with the NSMBA. Does this mean they got sick of his behavior and fired him?

Dec. 18, 2016, 5:09 p.m.

first…to this total one man shit show…

Dec. 18, 2016, 8:05 p.m.

Back to NBR where there are less wackos.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 19, 2016, 10:06 a.m.

She must defer to her client for instructions however you can trust her to adhere to all cannons and ethics.

Wow, she must be pretty good if she can get work done while stuck to all those cannons.

Dec. 19, 2016, 10:41 a.m.

I hear Mark Wood has parted ways with the NSMBA. Does this mean they got sick of his behavior and fired him?

I'm not sure where you're going with this, Mark has done as much for the shore as any of the the local greats.

He's gone to great lengths to improve the trail network, put in countless hours to set up the Trail Adoption Plan, the NSMBA Shore Corps, and the Builder's Academy - in addition to all of the other projects that he undertook as the NSMBA's program manager. All of this in addition to the volunteer work that he's put in with the NSMBA, and with other organizations in our community.

Through the Builder's Academy, Mark has educated the next generation of weekend warrior trail builders. Locally and across the PNW.

Whatever Mark has in store for 2017, I wish him the best, and I for one hope that remains a staple on the North Shore.

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

Dec. 19, 2016, 11:17 a.m.

Rachid,

The factual question is whether Mark remains an employee of the NSMBA. You are using the past tense to describe his role as program manager, so please stop beating around the bush and be as genuine as you have always been. The BOD picked you to make the confirmation so please be specific.

BOD did not pick me - whatever I post is of my own volition. I have no confirmation of Mark's plans for the new year, your guess is as good as mine. My reference to the past tense was purely in reference to my time on the board.

Mark and I were first elected as directors to the NSMBA at the same time in 2010, and I had the pleasure of working with him for the past 7 years as a volunteer for the organization. I hope to continue doing so in the future, that's all.

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

Dec. 19, 2016, 11:20 a.m.

Here here Rachid.

I'm sad to hear this but not surprised. It's unfortunate it has come to this.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that Mark has completely revitalised the Shore with his innovation, energy and hard work. His vision of the Shore as inclusive for riders, diverse, challenging and well-maintained has been largely achieved.

The trail network today is unrecognizable from where it was when Mark came on board. Replacing him will be a tricky proposition indeed, but someone who unifies and builds consensus will be essential. User group harmony, transparency and next level communication should be at the top of the list for the nsmbA moving forward.

There were some fumbles and PR miscues in the recent past. Many of which could have been easily averted - some with a few key strokes into google. One of which I became wrapped up in and will take the blame for.

Regardless, everyone who rides bikes on the North Shore is forever indebted to Mark Wood whether they know it or not. His legacy should live on for generations with some careful leadership moving forward.

Dec. 19, 2016, 1:02 p.m.

Rashid, you confirm that Mark's life is trail building on the shore but you don't clarify that quit. As a man in the know, I conclude that you are simply being polite about the matter

Cam, compliment Mark but if you do don't forget to mention that nasty manipulative side under all the charm

Dec. 19, 2016, 1:41 p.m.

Mark Wood is a good man who's done lots for the Shore as mentioned above.
No one person is perfect, again mentioned above.

What's your Beef RobbyRob?
I can only guess that your part of the LEE fan club, Woodro slam club, or Lee himself.

Let it go…..

However, If Mark has moved on ….I'd like to wish him all the best in 2017 and many, many thanks for all the hard work .

Regards

Dec. 19, 2016, 2:14 p.m.

Say what you like about Mark, but he was the one out building the other day in the snow when other people are posting 'LOOK AT ME shredding pow! Here's a million hashtags now give me free stuff!!' pictures on IG.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Dec. 19, 2016, 2:46 p.m.

If there is a nasty side to Mark Wood, it cannot hold a candle to some of the people he has had to deal with in various governments over the years.

Do not be too quick to criticize the departing fellow, wait 'till you see what you get as a replacement. Look what has happened to the White House.

Scrooge's heart just grew a size!

Dec. 19, 2016, 2:58 p.m.

Anyone else think that Mark Wood's contributions to the Shore should be recognized in a formal way? Community award, plaque somewhere on the shore? It seems to me that he's done mostly good stuff for the mtb community.

Dec. 19, 2016, 2:58 p.m.

Anyone else think that Mark Wood's contributions to the Shore should be recognized in a formal way? Community award, plaque somewhere on the shore? It seems to me that he's done mostly good stuff for the mtb community.

Agreed!

Dec. 19, 2016, 3:03 p.m.

Indeed.

Dec. 19, 2016, 3:14 p.m.

Mark Wood is a good man who's done lots for the Shore as mentioned above.
No one person is perfect, again mentioned above.

What's your Beef RobbyRob?
I can only guess that your part of the LEE fan club, Woodro slam club, or Lee himself.

Let it go…..

However, If Mark has moved on ….I'd like to wish him all the best in 2017 and many, many thanks for all the hard work .

Regards

^THIS^
There's a lot of haters out there who ride the very trails that wouldn't be there or would still suck if it weren't for Mark.
To all those getting the skewers out and sharpened, take a minute to think about what you're saying on here. Prior to 2010, the NSMBA and the Shore trail network was a shambles. Now we can do amazing all mountain rides on beautifully built, re-built, and maintained trails that aren't total junky shit. And thanks to Mark, Matt, Rashid, and many other dedicated people/riders , the NSMBA is a model MTB organization. Hopefully those currently running the show realize that they have inherited this scenario, they didn't create it. Good luck replacing him with just one person.