LSCR Bike Trails - NEDS/Dales structure removal

May 30, 2013, 10:05 p.m.

Muddbunnies/Ryders replaced some woodwork on Sunday on Pangor.

pfft.. that aint a structure.

thats a structure

mind you - the top one will last way longer.

I'm ignoring Smedley.

May 30, 2013, 10:09 p.m.

I told you about cedar a long time ago, didn't I?

May 30, 2013, 10:48 p.m.

I told you about cedar a long time ago, didn't I?

there aint no cedar anywhere round there….im hauling stringers from over a km away for a rebuild…uphill..in the snow…with one leg.

I'm ignoring Smedley.

May 30, 2013, 10:55 p.m.

If the NSMBA has stepped up to the plate to take on the trails then these include structures as the structures are inherently part of the trail. Has there been a trail day for wood work yet? If not.. why? Also if this is in fact the case how can one say nobody will step up to the plate, if nobody in the organizing body for trail days has asked people to step up?

Structures take too long to rebuild, land managers see them as a risk and the structure(s) will be in the same state in 10 years. Easier to maintain dirt and the structures were added after the trail(s) were originally built.

:canada:

May 31, 2013, 12:46 p.m.

there aint no cedar anywhere round there….im hauling stringers from over a km away for a rebuild…uphill..in the snow…with one leg.

and your play area is also exposed to rain

Structures take too long to rebuild, land managers see them as a risk and the structure(s) will be in the same state in 10 years. Easier to maintain dirt and the structures were added after the trail(s) were originally built.

true but its hard to build a dorp to tyranny outta rock and gold unless you've got a perfectly located boulder or cliff like digger's, or the natural drop on neds. Maybe gap jumps are the new dorp?

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

May 31, 2013, 8:47 p.m.

Is there not a re-loamification effort happening on Ned's?

May 31, 2013, 10:07 p.m.

Maybe gap jumps are the new dorp?

dorps hurt my back. sweet flowy gaps however..

June 1, 2013, 6:51 a.m.

Is there not a re-loamification effort happening on Ned's?

can you imagine? There was a few sections of CBC that had some nice dirt placed. Unfortunately it's all sliding off the track on the loamified drop.

Love the woodwork on CBC, and agree some trails need to keep their identity. It's not for everybody but nothing is. So if there's a woodwork day or a few people want to go up and PM me for help i'm in.

In fact, the drop on Neds is only decommissioned at the entrance, put a new entrance log/ladder and the bridge is good to drop. A bit slimy at the moment tho.

June 3, 2013, 11:26 a.m.

pfft.. that aint a structure.

thats a structure

mind you - the top one will last way longer.

Thats Awesome where is it I wanna look @ it

June 4, 2013, 2:22 p.m.

there were two log rides to drop on neds. a small one at the bottom, and a bigger one just before it, next to the gap jump. which ones are gone? both? is the A frame gone now too? sorry to see them go.

June 4, 2013, 2:31 p.m.

Both wooden drops are still there, it's just the rotted log rides and manky ladder bridges that were cut out. Probably just takes someone to rebuilt the entrances.

The A-frame is still kicking.

June 4, 2013, 2:33 p.m.

there were two log rides to drop on neds. a small one at the bottom, and a bigger one just before it, next to the gap jump. which ones are gone? both? is the A frame gone now too? sorry to see them go.

The bottom one is still there as well as the A-frame. The top one by the gap jump was damage by a fallen tree (I think) and the first part is gone. The last part of the log and the drop itself are still there if I recall correctly. The small A-frame between the two log rides is gone as well.

July 23, 2013, 2:57 p.m.

the A-frame is gone now.

I thought that stuff was still pretty solid personally.

With all the structures gone, i would vote for a refurb to climbing route…since thats my new thing and im slow and old on DH now.

July 23, 2013, 10:30 p.m.

the A-frame is gone now.

noooooooo…..!:cry:

July 24, 2013, 2:02 p.m.

the A-frame is gone now.

I thought that stuff was still pretty solid personally.

its the new Stand Your Ground risk management plan. If it possibly could potentially be considered a risky thing at some point in the distant future, kill it

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40