Lost on Fromme near Ladies Only and BP: 661 Helmet

Oct. 5, 2010, 9:11 p.m.

Yeah, lost.
Black and White with a picture of a Joker (from the cards, not DC Comics) on one side. Should be near the intersection of Baden Powell and Ladies Only.
If found please contact me and I'll get it back to the poor guy who left it behind.
Story: So I race up Fromme last night a break-neck speeds on my 40lb Six to try and get a run in on Ladies and got to the trail head at 6:55 and the stupid sun already hit the hay but I decided to just putter down the trail anyway because I'm awesome and rad at most things including run on sentences. I'm heading down and right before I hit the swamp I get the balogna scared out of me by some dude pushing his bike up the trail. Long awesome story short it was his first time on the mountain and he was lost, scared, and apparently well over his head on Ladies. He had dumped his bike midway down to suss out the rest of the trail to see if there was an exit, got to the intersection of Baden Powell and Ladies, poo'd his snugs, put his helmet down (?), went back up to his bike but decided to forget the helmet for the night and just hike back up the to the trailhead. So after talking for a couple of minutes we walked back up the trail to the 4th switchback exit and headed out.
Nice guy though.

Chief Running Tab

"My bike is just like yours except mine has monkeys on it!"

Oct. 5, 2010, 10:45 p.m.

dang….sounds like a warm welcome to the shore for the poor guy.

i came across a guy on pipeline once and same deal….lost scared and over his head. he pulled out the map half way down and then thought he put it back into his pocket but he couldn't find it again. he figured he was still near the top so he decided to hike back up as he didn't want to go any further. anyway i told him he was actually near the bottom already so he followed me out onto the old bp trail and we both road/hiked out.

he was cursing the shore gods the entire time and said this was not what he was expecting at all especially for a trail labelled blue. anyway, i think that was it for him and the shore.

i admit, there are sections on ladies and pipeline that make a bit of pee squirt out of me……but that's what i love about it i suppose.

chubby5000, good karma coming your way for not only helping him out w/ the helmet but also for hiking back out w/ him instead of ditching him to finish off your awesome and rad riding.

Oct. 5, 2010, 10:48 p.m.

As a regular on Ladies, I salute you.

flickr

Oct. 5, 2010, 11:15 p.m.

Was he wearing a bright red shirt? I was up there at the same time, same trail, and saw someone in a red shirt hiking up Ladies.

Did not find the helmet unfortunately.

Oct. 6, 2010, 9:09 a.m.

No he had on some black 661 armor on the outside of his shirt and was riding a Gary Fisher Roscoe. On a side note, on the ride back down we saw 4 groups of people, 10 in total, heading up the hill with lights on. Pretty cool. Time to dust off the ol' lights.

Chief Running Tab

Oct. 6, 2010, 11:39 a.m.

Was his name Todd by any chance??? Sure sounds alot like my cousins ex bf.

Eric

Oct. 6, 2010, 1:33 p.m.

Hahaaha how on earth does that sound like your cousins ex bf?
No his name was Lee, works at Houston Landscaping.

Chief Running Tab

Oct. 6, 2010, 7:43 p.m.

Cousin's ex bf- new to riding, just started in spring of 09, bought the Gary FIscher Roscoe last year and the 661 armour, hadnt done any of the North Van stuff last I talked to him (end of 2009)but really wanted to try, he was just riding SFU, Burke and Bert Flynn at the time. I just couldnt remember what his helmet looked like.

Eric

Oct. 7, 2010, 3:02 p.m.

What the hell that's weird. The guy I met said the same thing basically the same things, but told me his name was Lee. Did he also own a bike previous to the Roscoe - a Cannondale Jekyll with a lefty fork?

Chief Running Tab