Looking to help a couple of Kids and get them bikes

May 4, 2008, 11:30 p.m.

I live in Kamloops BC in Juniper Ridge just above the Kamloops Bike Ranch.

There are a couple of Foster kids that live near me that I have watched grow up over the years and they were always riding a bike. They have no bikes now. The bikes they did have were never very good and they have fallen apart.

One of the kids came to our garage sale today. He had a very small childs bike that he picked up for 5 bucks and was looking for another one for his brother. He wanted to buy my 6 year olds bike that she has grown out of.
I find this really sad. Two kids that love to ride, live right above a great bike park, yet they cant afford to. Must be hard for them to see all there friends ride by there house heading to the bike park.

I am hoping that someone that reads this may have a an old bike or two that they could donate. I have not told the kids I have posted this. I just have been unable to get this off my mind all night.

The kids are in Grade 7 and 9

If anyone knows a way that we could help out these two kids with a couple of bikes I am sure it would make two kids very happy. They do not have to be anything fancy, just a couple of good safe bikes that are falling apart. Bikes that they could have fun riding in the Kamloops Bike Ranch. I wish I had the money I would just go out and buy these kids a couple of bikes. I just think its so important for kids to have bikes. Great activity for them. Keeps them active.

My email is mbwkam(at)gmail.com

Cheers,

Mike

May 4, 2008, 11:38 p.m.

good on ya for helping Mike. Hopefully someone has an old beater, in good running condition, that they are willing to let go.

May 4, 2008, 11:45 p.m.

If someone has an old bike and its not in Kamloops, I am sure I can find a way to get it here.

I posted this at Pinkbike as well and someone labnled me a scammer right off the bat, called me _SKAM_LOOPS.

I know how this may look but it is the honest truth. Its is not a scam , not even close.

May 5, 2008, 9:13 a.m.

"They do not have to be anything fancy, just a couple of good safe bikes that are falling apart."

"Its is now a scam"

Great idea Mike, but horrible spelling errors are usually a sign of a scam coming from Mexico or China. I'd recommend rereading and editing your posts.

Also, check out bikes for tykes. I'm not sure how it can help you in Kamloops, but who knows - maybe you'll work with a local shop and set up something like what Obsession's been doing on the Shore for a few years now.

http://www.obsessionbikes.com/things_we_do/bikes_for_tykes.html

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=104136

May 5, 2008, 9:14 a.m.

http://www.bikesfortykes.org/

ah, there's the link you'd be looking for…

May 5, 2008, 9:30 a.m.

Thanks heckler, will check it out right now. I dont even mind putting some of my own cash into this.

Sorry about the typo..lol could not have been a worst typo than that.

Cheers

Mike

May 5, 2008, 12:22 p.m.

I don't have a spare bike but I do have a 17inch Brodie Freeride hardtail frame laying around.

vegetarian: an ancient word for "likes to stay home with the ladies…"

May 5, 2008, 12:42 p.m.

I have a kona stuff frame, 17.5" size, army green, (xl size, officially), I used it as an xc rig, that is unused for the past year, I could include seatpost, and seat…..

May 5, 2008, 5:18 p.m.

… and then you see some junkie on the eastside cruisin for dope on a nice DH rig

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

May 5, 2008, 11:42 p.m.

… and then you see some junkie on the eastside cruisin for dope on a nice DH rig

Not sure what the above post is suppose to mean? Why dont you enlighten me?

Thanks for the parts offers guys. Very nice of you all. I am not sure what I would do with all the parts if I did not have enough to build a bike or two for these kids. I don't want to take them off your hands unless I was to use them.

May 7, 2008, 9:54 a.m.

PM me if you need any assistance putting some bikes together, I also have lots of "off-parts" kicking around that I can contribute.

My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch. :scream:

May 8, 2008, 6:40 p.m.

I have a bunch a wheels I would be willing to part with for some kids. I'm heading up that way in a few weeks pm me for more info

edit: typo, lol that sounds bad I would be willing to give you the parts I dont want your kids in exchange…

:ireland: