Looking for good CX route

Oct. 12, 2015, 8:05 p.m.

Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone would have suggestions for roads to take the Cyclocross bike up - I was considering riding from where the seabus hits the north van side up Mt Seymour road, but maybe there are better places to go in your mind if I leave from that destination? Wouldn't mind gravel roads, I can put the knobby tires on for that. Just looking for a decent ride with a doable climb, nice views are a bonus.

Oct. 12, 2015, 8:18 p.m.

Not so much cx but fromme up to the resort??? Seymour go cap u follow road on gravel path to parking lot, down to river than fishermen trail to the bridge and cross over on the east side all the way to the gate is good.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

Oct. 12, 2015, 8:22 p.m.

Not so much cx but fromme up to the resort??? Seymour fishermen trail to the bridge and cross over on the east side all the way to the gate is good.

I don't mind road the whole way either, I was just eyeying up the trail that goes up to Rice Lake/Seymour lake as well, how would that be? Or Mountain Highway? Is that the way to Fromme that you mean?
Also, serious question, on a scale of 1-carry bear spray, how concerned should I be about that? lol

Oct. 12, 2015, 8:33 p.m.

I never do and it's rare but bear spray is not a bad idea if you go past the bridge on seymour. This time of year is beautiful on the river. You could take the rice lake route or cap route coming back. Either way is good.

Oct. 12, 2015, 8:40 p.m.

Fishermans and LSCR road up to the dam for sure. East side of seymour gravel adventure too.

Oct. 12, 2015, 8:43 p.m.

http://mountainbikingbc.ca/sites/default/files/trail-pdf/lscrtrailmap.pdf

Oct. 12, 2015, 8:56 p.m.

Fishermans and LSCR road up to the dam for sure. East side of seymour gravel adventure too.

This. You can also ride some of the Richard juryn trail and circuit 8 as well.

Oct. 12, 2015, 10:30 p.m.

Awesome, thanks guys. I appreciate it. Keepvit coming if you've got more :)

Oct. 12, 2015, 10:33 p.m.

I see there are a lot of streams/rivers up there, is that an area one would likely be able to fish for trout? Or salmon perhaps? I know rice lake is stocked.

Oct. 13, 2015, 12:40 a.m.

I don't mind road the whole way either, I was just eyeying up the trail that goes up to Rice Lake/Seymour lake as well, how would that be? Or Mountain Highway? Is that the way to Fromme that you mean?
Also, serious question, on a scale of 1-carry bear spray, how concerned should I be about that? lol

Ride east from Seabus to Lilloet Road. Up road to demo forest parking lot. Down twin bridges trail to Fisherman's. Up Fisherman's to Spur bridge, then across bridge and up to dam on east side. Cross back to west side and ride past hatchery and along trail to end of lscr road. After that you can ride road back to its start and go back to Seabus the way you came, or take pipeline bridge over to Lynne Valley and go somewhere from there.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 13, 2015, 8:20 a.m.

I see there are a lot of streams/rivers up there, is that an area one would likely be able to fish for trout? Or salmon perhaps? I know rice lake is stocked.

Not the easiest but if you time it right you can fish for salmon or steelhead. I fly fish there sometimes (not this year tho) and in 20 years only caught a hand full.

Oct. 13, 2015, 10:40 a.m.

If you ride 6 klicks up Seymore demmo road there is a trail that goes down to Fisherman's trail. When you get to the bottom take a left. This will take you over a bridge. Then the gravel road goes all the way to the Seymour dam. Cross a cute lil bridge at the dam and take the Old growth trail back. The Old grow growth trail is a flat gravel trail but has amazing scenery. There are a few nice spots on the river to chill and enjoy the Old growth forest you are surrounded by.
Then you can Take the Seymour demmo road back to the six kilometer mark ride back down to fisherman's trail all the way to twin bridges. Next climb up twin Bridges trail to Rice lake parking lot.
There is a lake along the way as well. I ll let you discover that for your self.There is also Rice lake but that is off limit to bikes.
Bonus. No cars or dogs for the entire journey.

common senseā€¦..Whats common about sense?!

Oct. 14, 2015, 6:50 a.m.

You guys rock, thanks!

Oct. 22, 2015, 10:35 p.m.

In Whistler the trails around Lost Lake are fun. Pinochio's Furniture was a bit much for CX, but that didn't stop me from riding it!

Oct. 25, 2015, 7:57 p.m.

There are two different and both fairly miserable climbs up Cypress to the ski area, if you're feelin cool you can link both and do either as a climb/descent combo.

// What's Good // F U N E R A L // Ultramontane // DEEP SIX //