Look at this forum

Dec. 22, 2016, 12:55 p.m.

we're not asking for the moon here Cam, just a little more oversight of what happens on the boards.

New things are already well under way. A new forum solution with improved functionality and user focussed moderation will be part of that solution.

Merry Christmas!

Dec. 22, 2016, 1:22 p.m.

Presumably you are somewhat financially invested in NSMB. You run ads, you take money from local shops to post advertised threads. You have a web store. Traffic must help, no?

It must be helpful to report high numbers to advertisers?

We are talking about pennies. The numbers we worry about are for the main page content. I don't even look at traffic numbers for the forum. That's how relevant they are.

I am the head of biz dev for an ad network and can confirm the piddly traffic volume generated from the forum; regardless of extra clicks due to crazy topics, is irrelevant. If Cam was doing shit just to crank up his ad revenue it certainly would have NOTHING to do with this forum. He would start media buying to his articles and split them up into slide shows, add in a bunch of native sponsored articles, some video, some intersticials, some pops, etc etc…

NSMB.com is VERY unmonetized in the grand scheme of online advertising and esspecially when compared to similar sites. You guys accusing him of doing shit as a cash grab is rediculous considering I'd say he has probably said NO to a ton of dicks like me trying to sell him on improved monetization. He could easily increase his revenue by 20%+ but it would effect YOUR user experience.

Wow, that was almost like doing some actual work while fucking the dog at work! YEAH!!

Dec. 22, 2016, 1:24 p.m.

geeze I just realized these boards only have 1 ad on each page! Cam, pm me… lol ;)

jk

Dec. 22, 2016, 1:28 p.m.

Will an "angry" Cam respond to syncro?

Will failed candidates return to odorize the board?

Can The Shore forum rise above NBR?

Tune in tomorrow for another episode of "How the Wheel Turns"!

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 22, 2016, 1:39 p.m.

When I moved here in 2006 the soap opera that the Shore can be was referred to by "As the Shore Turns."

Dec. 22, 2016, 1:48 p.m.

Haha. Very good! :D

Even better if you read that in the style of Clarkson in the Top Gear opening montage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IG99mmaEC4

Dec. 22, 2016, 2 p.m.

I'm a jerk, my comments were out of line. I'm sorry Cam.

I think we're all frustrated the chaos was allowed to go on for as long as it did.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Dec. 22, 2016, 2:17 p.m.

Thanks for that.

Sorry for my acerbic response as well. If there's one thing that gets my goat it's the suggestion that I'm doing this for the money. That's not the case nor is it my strategic motivation. I often do things I that I know are bad for the bottom line because I think they are the right thing to do or simply because it's what I want to do. My defense of Alex Pro after the riot is a good example. I knew I would be roundly criticized and that people would turn off the site because they disagreed with my suggestion that judging someone's actions so harshly in such a charged and volatile situation was unfair.

But fuck that. I'm not going to shy away from saying or doing something because of my fear of the audience's opinion or because those that disagree with me will stop visiting the site. Life is too short for that and I am extremely wary of becoming a yes man.

It's pretty clear I need to keep a closer eye on the forum - but my schedule doesn't have a lot of room. But as I said, changes are afoot.

Cheers!

Dec. 22, 2016, 2:49 p.m.

Cam is great, Gord is great, Switch is great, JJ is great,,,,the list goes on,,,pretty much everyone that replied here has posted helpful intelligent things at some point for the purpose of enriching discussion here. I have no criticism of any of these people. I am personally grateful for not only this board, but the entirety of riders that I live around. I love you all. The last thing anyone here should do is criticize other riders or community builders.

Forgive my venting. I just felt the need to point it out. It was screaming for someone to make the observation.

Dec. 22, 2016, 4:04 p.m.

I think that if you are a reader here and you get this worked up about some words on the Internet you need to really take a look at things and maybe don't blame others for your anger?

I only really go to the gear forum anymore…no drama there, just a bunch of gear whores nerding out…lol.

There is no money in this…trust me, I know. I respect Cam for the way he runs this place. It's not easy to run a site like this, especially when the hotheaded jerks are making stupid assumptions and jumping down your throat.

Dec. 22, 2016, 5:10 p.m.

I love all you guys! Hugs all around!

Dec. 22, 2016, 5:31 p.m.

I had to google "acerbic"

Dec. 22, 2016, 5:35 p.m.

If that's how you interpret what I wrote then I couldn't give a flying fuck about losing your eyeballs. I did nothing of the sort and it's lower than fucking low to insinuate that I was saying that. Learn to fucking read.

Good fucking riddance.

May your 2017 be filled with flat landings and pinch flats.

Interesting way to respond to a bit of criticism from a long time board member who has been here from the beginning. Not the type of member you should be alienating.

Dec. 22, 2016, 6:51 p.m.

Interesting way to respond to a bit of criticism from a long time board member who has been here from the beginning. Not the type of member you should be alienating.

Yo, dude, we're all hugging now!

(and I for one like it that way, and appreciate Cam hosting this board… although I rarely pay for it by reading any stuff on NSMB… sorry Cam)

Dec. 22, 2016, 7:53 p.m.

I just got a call… "Dude… did you see the shit on the board…" here we go again : )

OMG… is it my fault? Shit I am sorry. Seriously… but as I read the postings… they were refreshing since it was my colleagues, Cam included, that were having a serious point of view conversation with one another… and I learned a bunch: the whole point of the forum… yay!

… all kidding aside… I will respond in a bunch of posts due to the time out thing…

Talk less, Say More.