Long falls to head

June 8, 2005, 10:50 a.m.

This week at Mount Galbraith in Bellingham I fell about 6 feet straight onto the top of my head. I was pretty scared I was going to be paralyzed or something. What's the highest you guys have fallen?

Check out my Site It's updated~ mikeyanderson.com

June 8, 2005, 10:52 a.m.

To flat or tranny?

June 8, 2005, 10:55 a.m.

My head hit before the tranny. I was riding a skinny to drop and my rear tire slipped, I lost speed and flipped forward.

Check out my Site It's updated~ mikeyanderson.com

June 8, 2005, 11:19 a.m.

Well, I fell about 6 ft off a jump and landed on my head. Cracked a perfectly good Bellistic helmet and compressed a disc.

Two months no biking, four months of non-stop pain. I don't recommend it.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 8, 2005, 11:22 a.m.

well, i was riding down the street, and i bent over for some reason and mt helmet hooked onto my front brake, i pulled away and my brake locked catapolting me over my bars onto my head. not too bad.

June 8, 2005, 11:33 a.m.

well, i was riding down the street, and i bent over for some reason and mt helmet hooked onto my front brake, i pulled away and my brake locked catapolting me over my bars onto my head. not too bad.

Not to laugh at your misfortune, but…okay, I have to laugh at that.

June 8, 2005, 12:57 p.m.

I fell off the teeter totter step-up stunt on the dentist (when it still was a teeter) onto my head. Tweaked my neck and broke my clavicle. I was pretty scared of what was coming when I was diving down. That was about 6' too…

-m

June 8, 2005, 1:07 p.m.

My head hit before the tranny. I was riding a skinny to drop and my rear tire slipped, I lost speed and flipped forward.

the skinny at the entrance of shawn's trail perhaps? ive seen some nasty crashes off that…

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

June 8, 2005, 1:16 p.m.

To flat or tranny?

:P nice

June 8, 2005, 2:02 p.m.

Mine wasn't from high up, but it was a high-speed torpedo right onto the top of my head. Fractured 5 vertebrae. Back is still a little messed up, but doesn't stop me from doing anything I used to do. Needless to say, I feel pretty lucky.

I'm quitting organized crime; from now on I'll stick to the regular kind.

June 8, 2005, 3 p.m.

I tranny'd on my head dropping some bleachers back in the day (wet aluminium bleachers + wet rubber tire = sure death). Probably about 5 feet to face, hands beside me. I folded in half, thought I was going to have a serious injury.

I got lucky, all that got hurt was my pride.

June 8, 2005, 3:38 p.m.

kind of a different fall…my worst was when i was standing on the end of a ladder drop instructing Jaysin on how to hit it, it was one that has the checkerboard style wooden planks and when i took a step back i stepped in a gap in the boards and my leg fell through and my body fell over the side and twisted my leg. i was stuck hanging upside down under this 5-6 foot drop with my leg twisted in such an insane way and with so much pain that i would have guaranteed a broken leg, i limped away with some bruises and cuts. what scared me most was i was flailing my arms around and couldn't touch anything, so if jaysin wouldn't have been there to lift me up i would have stuck there for awhile..or until my leg gave and snapped

Adrenalize

June 8, 2005, 4:20 p.m.

my worst 2 have been about 10' over a car onto pavement. that was my one and only day on my brand new bike as a kid. happy birthday to me i got 57 stitches in the head. other one was 30' along and over some trees about 12' high. to pavement again. that one gave me a blood clot in the brain, coma for 2 weeks and a pretty messed up back for many months. i am super lucky. well lucky for someone who is always getting hit by cars. :P

ride a horse! 1200 pounds of raw muscle, power, grace, and sweat between your legs…
but riding bikes is still fun!

June 8, 2005, 4:50 p.m.

my worst 2 have been about 10' over a car onto pavement. that was my one and only day on my brand new bike as a kid. happy birthday to me i got 57 stitches in the head. other one was 30' along and over some trees about 12' high. to pavement again. that one gave me a blood clot in the brain, coma for 2 weeks and a pretty messed up back for many months. i am super lucky. well lucky for someone who is always getting hit by cars. :P

Damn! Look both ways, bunny.

I'm quitting organized crime; from now on I'll stick to the regular kind.

June 8, 2005, 6:03 p.m.

Probably about 10 feet to face, one time when I was dirt jumping, and hit the jump with WAY too much speed… Resulted in a broken nose, and a couple inch deep hole in the ground from my face. A full face helmet was my next purchase….

Way back from the old school days of NSMB…