loam abuse

Nov. 15, 2010, 10:59 a.m.

but don't you know skidding and cutties are cool?

but they look soooooo sick bro

nobody is this dumb.

Nov. 15, 2010, 11:26 a.m.

there are a few on fromme that i've seen getting hammered in the wet.

there can be a week without any rain and i'll still be blowing out muddy rotor deep holes on some of the shore loamers…

one full day spent deactivating would probably go a long ways + some signage explaining that it is closed and why

Nov. 15, 2010, 12:52 p.m.

one full day spent deactivating would probably go a long ways + some signage explaining that it is closed and why

unfortunately it's not an issue of ignorance but of selfishness and disrespect. Exact same thing that happens on "official" trails like CBC despite signs all the way up the road and signage at the trail head. By closing or decommissioning a trail for the winter you become the authority figure that some people must defy so they continue feeling like a hardcore badass extreme mountain biker.

although this was done on one brand new loamer and some fucks just re opened it. must have taken them a few hours to clear the thing. they even had enough balls to write on the sign " I ride year round"

this is on a one year old trail

Nov. 15, 2010, 1:19 p.m.

Meh it's just loam bro don't get all upset.

Lots more where that came from.

Shred on.

Nov. 15, 2010, 1:33 p.m.

Shred on.

HAhaha … troll.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Nov. 15, 2010, 1:35 p.m.

Shred on.

Lots more where that came from?

I think you just nominated yourself for "tool of the thread".

and it aint just loam - its a trail.

I got the feeling this was a troll post. should be deleted.

I'm ignoring Smedley.

Nov. 15, 2010, 1:38 p.m.

Wow, I 'nearly' rode the trail in question over the weekend but sensibly thought it too wet so instead rode CBC. Glad I did 'cos CBC is now closed!

Nov. 15, 2010, 1:52 p.m.

sucks bro. I hope you get some seriously good karma coming your way for the work you do. and a big thanks.

but as chris2 and others have said, it's about ignorance, disrespect, and selfish attitudes. the "how much can i get out of this world" thought. the "i'm better than everyone" thought. the "me myself and i" thought. the….ok you get my point. makes me sick.

anyway, unfortunately it will never go away. same problem on all trails that get closed. same shit different day.

i'm also an avid fisherman and w/ the salmon runs, it's the same attitude. poaching and just plain ignorance every time i fish. it's to the point i can't stand salmon fishing anymore. so little respect for others but also more importantly for what we are lucky to have.

Nov. 15, 2010, 2:35 p.m.

The fresh loam in the shed is taking beatings faster than we can pack it down.
I feel your pain.

:(

Nov. 15, 2010, 3:48 p.m.

Yep I feel your pain too!!

Just finished putting down some fresh dirt on Upper Griffen to fix some mudholes and they already got all destroyed by people who think skidding in corners is cool. It doesn't make sense in those peoples minds that fresh dirt means be careful until it packs down.

Put up a sign that says trail is closed. will keep most of them out. It's that much less work to do later.

Good to hear trails are getting worked on though :)

didnt know nsmb was only for pros

its not, its only for dicks.

My Flickr

Nov. 15, 2010, 3:50 p.m.

Shred on.

Nov. 15, 2010, 4:13 p.m.

I'd say a sign is the best way. Let's be honest if people want to ride a trail they will, but if you at least provide a sign with a short reason as to why riding it would be damaging I'm sure you will have less people on that trail.

Is this a footnote?

Nov. 15, 2010, 5:11 p.m.

^^ true, it won't stop everyone but at least some people will understand and respect it

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Nov. 15, 2010, 5:13 p.m.

^^ true, it won't stop everyone but at least some people will understand and respect it

and some people will tear the sign down…

River City Cycle Club - www.rivercitycycle.ca

Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Nov. 15, 2010, 5:21 p.m.

Shred on.

Can I assume you're one of the 10 morons? Probably the first prick who shirked any responsibility. If so have the balls to speak up like a man.

diggin