listen to music while u ride ???

July 27, 2004, 11:27 p.m.

Originally posted by tinee2001
i also remember seeing a burton beenie with headphones built in..that would be pretty sweet for crusing around town

Skissors and you got yourself a headband!

July 28, 2004, 12:04 a.m.

i dont kno if this has been mentioned yett cause i dont ahve the time to read the hole thread but in a sport like mountain biking. you need some state of concintration i mean its not guna e good when your hitting a steep techy line and your distracted by music. cause your reaction wont be as fast…. for park and urban i find it helps me flow more cause i jsut get pumped and i ride to the flow of the music… but ide say no to music when on a techy trail… or any thing that involves relly relly fast reaction times.

im amazed I havent gone to jail for satatory rape or kidnapping

Good prices, amazing hosting
www.evhost.ca/cms
Say Ryan sent you.

July 28, 2004, 12:31 p.m.

If I had a better set of headphones I probably would. I was listen to music driving to the trails though:rocker:

July 28, 2004, 10:20 p.m.

i used to… i think ima do it again.. i have my helmet rigged up so earbuds fit right into it. it rocks

Aug. 4, 2005, 9:24 p.m.

bmxing = yes.

mtbing = no.

mtbing is my escape from the outside world and i like hearing the sounds of the forest and all the animals and stuff. im not gonna pollute my alone time with music.

WORD!!!!!!!!

Aug. 5, 2005, 10:24 a.m.

long post wow.

but i should say the ipod shuffle is the bomb for riding with. super light, small, hard to break. holds lots of songs and it's not to pricey. comes with a string to hang around your neck or wherever.

i only listen to music when i'm riding a long uphill and i'm by myself. take it off when i start the dh.

:heart::coffee::heart:

Aug. 5, 2005, 11:04 a.m.

One thing that I know, is that if I can't hear all the klunks and clatters of chain slap and hard impacts, it feels like my bike is running smoother, and then I feel more confident. I feel the same way in the car. If I have the music up and the engine is drowned out, it feels more powerful.
The power of Psychology I guess.

Aug. 6, 2005, 12:11 p.m.

I hum or sing those tunes that get stuck in my head sometimes, or just like the melody from "whole lotta love" :) . I would expect whatever player i had to not last too long either. Plus i need to listen to traffic.

They've got the guns but we've got the numbers! Gonna win ya we're takin over.

Aug. 6, 2005, 3:47 p.m.

when i listen to my mp3 player while riding it's mainly just to make the climb up to the trailhead a little less painful. but i also find that a good past paced song will want to make me ride faster and lay off the brakes where i would otherwise use them.

best way to do it i find is to put the player in your pack in the top pouch and have the wires behind your neck with only as much exposed as need be. if i don't have my pack i just put it in my pocket and run the wires underneath my shirt. i've never caught the wires on anything and i've also never fallen on my player either.

Aug. 7, 2005, 11:16 a.m.

Ive tried riding with my tunes going, but it just doesnt feel right, so i usually end up taking them off and throwing them in my bag or watever i have.

Money Bags

Nov. 6, 2005, 3:15 p.m.

Hmmm this is an interesting old thread.

Has anyone ever seen Noise Canceling ear buds?
I know you can get Bose head phones that do it, but there too big for riding http://www.bose.co.uk/noise_reduction/qc2_headphones/more.asp

Normal ear buds dont do it for me because I need to crank the volume too high to hear over the traffic (and they already gave me nasty permanent tinnitus :S ).

:ireland: He was just another drifter who broke the law!

Nov. 6, 2005, 7:25 p.m.

A lot of trails around here you gotta hike up, so if I'm alone I'm def gonna be listening to music… depends on how I feel if I wanna leave it on to ride down. If im jumping or riding street alone I'll listen to music, but never with other people or on a trail where you are gonna hafta deal with any sort of traffic.

650 Racing: Poppin' our collars, tossin' up dollars.

Nov. 6, 2005, 11:13 p.m.

Has anyone ever seen Noise Canceling ear buds?
I know you can get Bose head phones that do it, but there too big for riding http://www.bose.co.uk/noise_reduction/qc2_headphones/more.asp

Normal ear buds dont do it for me because I need to crank the volume too high to hear over the traffic (and they already gave me nasty permanent tinnitus :S ).

Do you have a death wish?

Nov. 6, 2005, 11:22 p.m.

Death wish?

Well I see where your coming from but I ideally would be to keep the overall noise lower and not just cancel out the traffic. That would be … yeah bad.

:ireland: He was just another drifter who broke the law!

Nov. 6, 2005, 11:31 p.m.

as long as im listing to something with a good beat and less lyrics then evrything just flows…but sometimes i just hang up the head phones and ride with out them really depending on what i feel like

"you just shot the mountain man!!!!…..I though he was a turkey!!!"