listen to music while u ride ???

July 11, 2004, 1:59 p.m.

ok heres a thread for people who listen to music while they ride…

actually come to think of it im interested in hearing from people who DONT listen to music aswell…

im looking for some info in regards to how it affects your riding..

NEGATIVE??

and

POSITIVE???

im giving serious thought to buying a digital MP3 player to listen to tunes while i ride…i have a tendency to concentrate TO HARD while i ride, and it makes me ride to cautiously and think BAD vibes…

but if i shut my brain off and just ride, i tend to ride better/smoother…

so im hoping having something for my brain to do besides watching me ride, i might lose some of my BAD habits and regain some of my long lost confidence…

also how do you find it is dealing with the wires and audio gear ? is it a total hassle or do you work out a cool system for dealing with the ear buds !!!!

any hidden tricks or secrets would be cool

thoughts plz ????;)

p.s. anyone know if the FM modulator in a MP3 player will reciew radio stations from the top of Garbonzo ???

July 11, 2004, 2:10 p.m.

before i broke my discman, well my dad broke:flame: , i used to listen to it all the time..helps me ride so much better and i throw down style alot better…works really good when you listen to songs from riding vids cause then you think about the vid and you throw the style factor down alot more…definatly a worthy investemnt if you are fast rider, which i dont doubt you are, cause if you toodle down you wont hear when people want to pass you. and if you get the small headphones that just sit in your ear they dont move out..i forgot about them alot of the time.

July 11, 2004, 2:10 p.m.

I listen to music while I ride whistler sometimes with my mp3 player It keeps me flowing.. i sometimes sing along as I ride.. just puts me in a more casual relaxed state, my mace fullface pretty much has room for my hook around the ear kinda headphones.. works well my mp3 player is probably the size of my thumb and its 256mb! :D

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

July 11, 2004, 2:13 p.m.

i cant ride with it full blast i wanna know if my bikes fucking up before a 10 foot drop, low is good

July 11, 2004, 2:23 p.m.

Originally posted by Grimace
i cant ride with it full blast i wanna know if my bikes fucking up before a 10 foot drop, low is good

yeha i need to be able to hear what my bike is doingand the world around me..

just need something at a lower lvl so i can concentrate on something other then wht im about to do…

i tink the MP3 player is a good idea…but im still looking for more info…

its all good so far…:thepimp:

July 11, 2004, 2:34 p.m.

bmxing = yes.

mtbing = no.

mtbing is my escape from the outside world and i like hearing the sounds of the forest and all the animals and stuff. im not gonna pollute my alone time with music.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

July 11, 2004, 2:38 p.m.

I used too, but than I rode skatepark with it one day and crashed. Thing was I was trying to make my riding flow with the music and I concentrated on the music too hard.

I troll shitty posters like yourself, because it's amusing to watch you skidmarks get all riled up.

July 11, 2004, 2:42 p.m.

haha IFO has obviously sucked the wells of bike gearwhoring dry, now he's moving on to consumer electronics.

July 11, 2004, 2:44 p.m.

I can hardly hear the outside world with a FF as it is :)

… although flowin' with the right tunes would be sweet.

Des

During the Middle Ages, probably one of the biggest mistakes was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner'.
- Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

July 11, 2004, 2:45 p.m.

i used to, but my mp3 player has kinda kicked the bucket.

i would only use one head phone though, i like being able to hear when a car is coming at me.:eek:

Couple cans of Lucky and a backhoe and you can do pretty much anything. Mainlanders :rolleyes:

July 11, 2004, 2:53 p.m.

I don't anymore. I rely on the sounds my bike makes to help me figure out if something is going wrong. My ears have save me a few times :)

July 11, 2004, 3:17 p.m.

i do snowboarding by myself but not biking yet

July 11, 2004, 3:18 p.m.

i listen to a tape player (yes a tape player) while riding alone at the skatepark on late nights, sometimes while dirt jumpin but not usually, tape players are the best nice and cheap so if u break it whatever, no skipping , the only con is the bulk theyre kinda big. pretty much the only time ill listen to music is when riding a long when im around people its just annoying cause you cant hear whats going on around you.

BICYCLEMOTOCROSS

July 11, 2004, 3:22 p.m.

I realized years ago with snowboarding that I need to be able to hear my surroundings in order to ride. I haven't put much thought into it for biking, other than assuming that the same would hold true while on a bike.

Although having something else to concentrate on could improve everything…

July 11, 2004, 3:32 p.m.

I LOVE riding home and on the paths and stuff with music. But I do not like riding with music when I'm actually on trails or at the park or anything of the sort. Actually let me re-phrase that. I don't like having headphones on when on the trails, jumps etc. Backround music rocks though.

But when I am riding home from the skatepark (hour ride here), when I'm alone on the pathways I love it, mostly becuase for the most part at the time I'm riding home I'm completely alone and when you have some good flowing music it helps to just keep the pedals spinning and just completely gets me lost in another world.

.243 Avengers :thepimp:
.243 Racing, Ridge Protective Gear