Ladies Only POV

Aug. 1, 2016, 12:21 p.m.

Tested the chest mount on Ladies Only yesterday. I have a Windows phone which has no app to connect to the GoPro so I had to guess on mounting angle. Could have been angled up a bit more and mounted higher up on my chest I think. Anyone have any chesty best practices to share?

As for the trail, it's running great right now. I'd only ridden it a handful of times prior to the new work, so I'm not too sure exactly what's been changed, but I did notice a few things. There's a new ramp down the big boulder (which I didn't ride in this video). It's nice, but offers a pretty similar experience to the original roller that goes around to the left. There is also new woodwork to cover the root of death that was midway down the trail. This is a game changer for that section. It flows much nicer, but still retains most of the tech. I tried to ride that root before with mixed results and ended up walking it the last time because it looked like a lasso waiting to catch my pedal - good riddance! The ladder bridge that had the braking groove worn into it has also been replaced. I'll miss that groove for its character and how interesting it made that line in the wet, but I'm sure a new groove will form shortly. Great work so far NSMBA build crew and look forward to seeing what else is in store.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/451832/

Aug. 1, 2016, 10:09 p.m.

Nice. I actually think the camera set up is pretty dialed. The low mount position gives the sensation of being in the bike, and being able to see how it reacts to the trail without the all too common neck strain that come from watching helmet cams pointed at the wheel/visor. By the looks of it, being more centralized may have helped eliminate some of the video trail chatter too. I gotta check out the new work, you were cruising.

Aug. 2, 2016, 10:42 a.m.

I agree with the above: the angle's pretty good, and it's a good POV to watch. The camera definitely flattens out the steepness, though. Ladies is harder in reality than it looks here. You cleaned it really well.

Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever.

Aug. 7, 2016, 11:14 p.m.

Go the chesty!

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Aug. 8, 2016, 9:13 a.m.

"I don't do uphill"